What's Next??

ashtangi74

Guest Not4Pussies

I heard a rumour she might be working with Kelley Polar (Ashamed Of Myself)

Did you read that on wikipedia? Because that's the only place I found a rumor about them working together.

Hadn't she bought the rights of a book for a movie? I remember reading an interview of an overexcited writer.

The article stated that there were many other directors interested in the book, though Madonna was the authors first choice, he hasn't made a decision yet. And when he does, or if he did, we would have known by now.

The revolution has already started. And she is going to continue it with an album.

Sorry, I just have very high hopes of a new album!

It's only been like a year and half, and i want new music already!!

I hope it's less dance oriented though, with her last 3 studio records she's kind of covered that territory, very pleasantly and in diffferent sauces but I'd love for her to go back to a more classic pop hook, something fun and that you can still dance to but more melodic

Something in between True Blue and LAP adjusted to today's sound

I feel like she sort of did that with MDNA to be honest. So much of it was straight-up pop/rock with electronic/dance influences: Give Me All Your Luvin', Superstar, I Fucked Up, I'm a Sinner, Love Spent, Masterpiece, I Don't Give A, etc.

I would like to more stuff along the lines of "The Power of Goodbye," "Time Stood Still," etc. Strings, lush harmonies, sophisticated lyrics about love and loss, a few uptempos for good measure.

As for producers, she could certainly achieve this sound with someone new.

I would love a new album but I think it's far too early. Maybe if she finishes it up by this time next year and releases it in 2015. I don't want to wait that long but 2012 was a really great year for her, it was "all about Madonna" and I don't think she should ruin that by popping up so quickly once again. I think every pop-star only has a short time where that is possible (Mariah in the early 90's, Britney in the 00's, Rihanna in the past 7 years or so etc.) but after that they should be careful not to over-expose themselves. However, hers seems to have lasted longer than all the others.

New album at the end of 2014 sounds good, maybe a bit early, but damnit I don't want to wait till 2015,seems too far away.

I agree. I was assuming the next one would come in 2015 if she plans to direct another movie. I guess we'll see. I thought that the Harper's Bazaar article would have some hints as to what comes next, but nada. I am assuming we should know by the end of the year though what she'll be working on in 2014, yes?

The only thing I can guess...Something tells me the whole "Revolution" concept is going to be the foundation for new music. I mean, c'mon.....

I, actually, don't think so. Combining a commercial endeavor such as music may "cheapen" any "revolutionary" messages; not to mention the possibility of having the music sound cheesy ("Hey You"). Do you want to buy a piece of the revolution on iTunes for $1.29?

I, actually, don't think so. Combining a commercial endeavor such as music may "cheapen" any "revolutionary" messages; not to mention the possibility of having the music sound cheesy ("Hey You"). Do you want to buy a piece of the revolution on iTunes for $1.29?

No...I don't see it that way at all. Plus, to say it would be "Hey You" material also isn't fair at all. She's written quite a bit of 'revolutionary' music that is nothing like that. We have no clue what she would come up with. Why are we limiting her?

And it would all depend on how she wants to articulate this feeling of 'revolution'. If she puts in the time, effort, creativity, etc. it could be anything. And the feeling or message of 'revolution' doesn't have to be literal...this is Madonna we're talking about. The possibilities are endless, and to say it would be "cheapened because it's going to be sold" is ridiculous. A lot of art with 'revolutionary' messages are sold at a price...doesn't cheapen or lessen the message at all.

I would like a more "mature" album the next time around.

Not saying she cant have a few killer dance tracks in the mix though, but I think its time that she stops going for a top 40 radio sound.

Actually its kind of weird that one of her biggest albums (that also got pretty large radio play at least with the first 3 singles) was her least radio friendly. Ray of Light.

Actually its kind of weird that one of her biggest albums (that also got pretty large radio play at least with the first 3 singles) was her least radio friendly. Ray of Light.

I think that album was just a perfect storm. Good writing, good production (which updated her sound for the time), yet with solid pop-footing.

She also had two promo campaigns for it (winter/spring 1998 and again in the fall when she did "TPOG" on a number of European shows) and a decent push & video for each single.

I am wondering if we'll ever see anything like it again. She loses interest in promoting anything but the first single anymore (if that).

I think that album was just a perfect storm. Good writing, good production (which updated her sound for the time), yet with solid pop-footing.

I just think she could easily have a massive album again. She just has to walk that fine line of making it "hip" enough for younger people and her gay fanbase (not talking about teens and tweens) and adult enough to appeal to the casual Madonna fan that might have tuned out for the last two albums. People say albums don't sell anymore which by and large is true, but if you can tap into that slightly older crowd which is still open to buying CDs she could easily have another huge musical moment on her hands.

I am not saying she needs to make a totally adult contemporary record at all, but I think you know what I am saying. If there is anyone that can make a more adult album sound current and cool without it sounding like its geared toward "old" folks, its Madonna.

I just think she could easily have a massive album again. She just has to walk that fine line of making it "hip" enough for younger people and her gay fanbase (not talking about teens and tweens) and adult enough to appeal to the casual Madonna fan that might have tuned out for the last two albums. People say albums don't sell anymore which by and large is true, but if you can tap into that slightly older crowd which is still open to buying CDs she could easily have another huge musical moment on her hands.

I am not saying she needs to make a totally adult contemporary record at all, but I think you know what I am saying. If there is anyone that can make a more adult album sound current and cool without it sounding like its geared toward "old" folks, its Madonna.

Yeah, look at P!NK. Huge album this past year...and she did it by having some solid songs that connected with young and old alike. I think simply writing a song that feels genuine and is one that people can relate to as an anthem of strength or heartache would go a long way.

"We could drink some wine, burgundy is fine..." ain't gonna cut it.

Yeah, look at P!NK. Huge album this past year...and she did it by having some solid songs that connected with young and old alike. I think simply writing a song that feels genuine and is one that people can relate to as an anthem of strength or heartache would go a long way.

"We could drink some wine, burgundy is fine..." ain't gonna cut it

P!NK? Young and old alike? :lol:

I think that talking about young and old fans is quite relative and a bit of a stretch in P!NK's case since in comparison she's only 34 years old and has been around for a decade only. What Madonna does in her mid 50s is absolutely astounding, considering that with such minimal promotion, aside from the initial mainly US-impacting Superbowl, she still managed to be the 12th most bought recording artist of 2012 per the IFPI, which is commendable for any artist, let alone for someone who has 3 decades of work behind her

I'd love for Madonna to take a step back from stuff like EDM or in general collaborating with the various Timbalands/Guetta/Demo/Solveig du jour or resurrecting William Orbit and yes try to create a sound that appeals to a more adult audience but at the same time is edgy and can be appreciated by people in their 20s, ROL was an album that fit that description perfectly

Nobody knew Orbit, Mirwais and Price before she started working with them and they all respectively brought great strength to those records. I think an album which has pop hooks you can also dance to without necessarily being dance music would be lovely (Beautiful Stranger), she needs to go back to melodies, True Blue, Like A Prayer etc

2005 70's dance

2008 dance in hip hop/rap sauce

2012 EDM

I love all 3 of them but she needs to stay away from synthetizers, vocoders and heavy beats for a while imo

And she actually said that herself last year during one of the interviews for the album

Madonna stated that she is releasing a new album soon. End of story. She said this in a recent online fan chat of some sort.

She never said she is releasing an album imminently

She just said that the creative juices are flowing

Guest Xanthium

I'm hoping that she goes back into the studio in January to start recording her next album.By now,she probably has some idea what direction she wants to go in and who she wants to work with.I predict that Daft Punk will be involved.

Oh God please let Daft Punk be involved! I hope this next album is more cutting edge/experimental/artistic. She's done enough straight-up pop for awhile. It's time for her to show the world that her albums can still be as creative as her tours.

I would be happy with just a little hint coming from her that she is actually thinking about the new music. I am sure she does but at least something more specific would be perfect. And then the rumors would start to keep us occupied anyway...as long as the album comes by this time next year which would be just fine with me.

She is thinking about music and also has a movie she's chosen to direct. It's a matter of deciding what to do first and how to release it. She's very busy. But she has penned a few tracks!!! But how she is gonna proceed is not confirmed or decided.