Russell Brand Wants To Start a Revolution

CJM

People must vote. The sick and the poor and the citizens that are being taken advantage of must have representation. And, they do have representation with good people like Senator Elizabeth Warren.

It's really easy for someone like Russell Brand to tell people not to vote. He's got money if anything should go wrong for him. Most people do not. He's making a very dangerous statement.

Why are people focusing on the fact that HE doesn't vote? That's not even his message, he is not telling people not to vote, he is asked about why HE doesn't vote and he explains his personal view, his message is far more important than that.

You all sound like the journalists that bash Madonna when she does a good thing and instead of focusing on that they focus on a trivial negative thing. Geez

And on the bolded part: things are going wrong for most of the people when voting for one side OR the other, the problem is already here.

Did you actually listen to what she says in the video? Let me paraphrase for you.

Why aren't you registered to vote?

The way I see it, it's not about voting for this person or voting for this cause.

More than voting you should act with good intention and positive action. You should take control. Voting is just a part of that.

I always thought of myself as waking people up. It's not enough to just wake people up. I need to give them direction.

Feeling like any government will look after you is naive. Nobody should ever rely on their singular vote being enough to guarantee that the life they want will be supplied to them.

She's saying pretty much the opposite of what you seem to think. Sorry. You should have showed the MDNA videos of her asking for people to vote for Obama. Then I would have said to you that she's supporting the lesser of two evils. Then I would say that she wants young people to have a voice but one vote is not enough to change America. Change comes from the PEOPLE.

I think your brain has trouble grasping things sometimes.

People were talking about Madonna supporting Russell.

I said Madonna supports voting though.

Posted video where Madonna says she supports voting.

Why are you going on about it being just a small part of the puzzle?

That wasn't my damn point. My point was Madonna is PRO voting.

And anyone that thinks the dems and the republicans are one and the same at this point is seriously is out of their mind. Sorry. None of them are perfect. No party or system is, but is obvious one party is batshit crazy while the other at least tries to remain as sane as possible.

Guest Rachelle of London

But you're clearly part of the credulous majority who Brand is talking about, who is taken in by the pantomime tactics of the ruling class. What is becoming clear to everyone is that both sides are the same, that despite differences in presentation and tactics, the same financial elite enriches itself and disenfranchises and impoverishes everyone else. We can get incensed about whether gay people get officially married or not (which wasn't even on anyone's agenda even 5 years ago -so why is it suddenly turning people against each other?), and this process continues in the background unhindered.

What is dangerous is the 'cleaning house' (yuck) agenda that you have clearly bought into. How exactly do you plan on 'getting rid' of the 'anti government' brigade? I'm not sure that mass murder of people you don't agree with, and 're-education' for the rest is really a revolution is it? In fact it's precisely what the elite wants.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

As for Russell, I like the guy...but I do NOT agree with his 'don't vote' mentality. I think that is incredibly dangerous...and far too often gets the wrong people into office (because the other 'side' IS going to vote). I can't stress how important voting is. It may not be perfect...but it's still one of the greatest tools we have...and one many are still dying (literally) to have.

Yes, the system is broken...but this "both sides are the same" bullshit is not true (at least here in the US). False equivalency 101.

I think the idea of trying to break the system and start from scratch is nice, but ultimately idealistic and it most likely will never happen. The only real option is to work within it and revolutionize it from the inside it. Which means cleaning house, ridding ourselves of ideologues, the anti-government brigade, the secret powers (both corporate and religious) that have hijacked us and ultimately get back to the roots of democracy that actually do work when run properly by educating people on how government actually does work.

As for Russell, you should youtube the clip of him on a talk show bringing out two members of the Westboro baptist church...and his dialogue with them. Pretty amazing...and amusing.

I do have to say, I am a bit peeved that his talk of "revolution" is going viral...when Madonna was clearly stating the same (in her own way)...and all the press could talk about was her and Sean Pean. Kind of rubs me the wrong way.

:clap:

Both parties are the same huh?

Okay. Lets have all left leaning and middle of the road people sit out the next election, and the right can prop up Sarah Palin to run for President. She gets in because our asses sat home.

Sarah Palin as President for 4 years with a green light to do whatever she wants because Congress will be nothing but republicans as well since we all sat out.

Get back to me after those 4 years when you see how many decades the republican party turns this country back, then sit here and tell me both parties are the same.

Abortion: Outlawed

Gay marriage: Outlawed

Christianity deemed the countries religion

Prayer back in schools. But only Christian prayer. Not any of that dirty Muslim shit.

English is deemed the countries official language.

Every illegal gets deported

More tax breaks for the rich

More guns. In fact lets arm the teachers like so many on the right want

Lets get rid of the minimum wage. A top priority of the Tea Party which will be running the show

The Civil Rights Act? Pft. Old news. Get rid of it.

The EPA. Abolished. Global Warming is a hoax and who really cares about the air we breathe. Let big business pump whatever shit into the air and drill wherever it likes. Clean water? Fuck that as well.

Regulations on Wall Street? Who needs them. Let them run wild! WOOOO HOOOOO!

Seriously. Anyone that thinks both parties are the same. Please wake the fuck up.

Guest Rachelle of London

Russell Brand is not American, he wasn't discussing American politics. The two parties he's discussing are Labour and Conservative not the Democrats or the Republicans

Russell Brand is not American, he wasn't discussing American politics.

Yes he was. He was even talking about that figure where a couple hundred Americans own more wealth than half of the bottom 50% combined, though his figures were a bit off.

He said 300 and its 400.

I think he was lumping the west in as a whole pretty much.

Maybe his message is fine and great where you live, but if people start buying into that same message here, trust me we are fucked. This country will truly be run by a bunch of nuts that will make Bush look like a moderate.

Okay. Lets have all left leaning and middle of the road people sit out the next election, and the right can prop up Sarah Palin to run for President. She gets in because our asses sat home.

Sarah Palin as President for 4 years with a green light to do whatever she wants because Congress with be nothing but republicans as well since we all sat out.

Get back to me after those 4 years when you see how many decades the republican party turns this country back, then sit here and tell me both parties are the same.

Prayer back in schools. But only Christian prayer. Not any of that dirty Muslim shit.

Lets get rid of the minimum wage. A top priority of the Tea Party which will be running the show

The EPA. Abolished. Global Warming is a hoax and who really cares about the air we breathe. Let big business pump whatever shit into the air and drill wherever it likes. Clean water? Fuck that as well.

Seriously. Anyone that thinks both parties are the same. Please wake the fuck up.

Delusion.

Also don't get me wrong. I don't disagree with his message by and large.

I just don't like the view that if the system is fucked there is no reason to vote.

Yes there are flaws in the system and corporations are running too much of the show, but I still believe that voting is highly important.

Delusion.

You don't even live on Planet earth so shut your tin foil hat wearing psychotic mouth.

Like I am going to let someone who is probably close to being clinically insane call me delusional.

Get real.

Oh please, all Russell cares about is fucking every girl under the sun. This guy doesn't love anybody but himself.

Really? You sound like someone that hasn't watched a single interview he's done cuz he definitely doesn't come across as you've described him, but carry on.

My sisters friend was finger fucked by Russell Brand in Hyde Park #truestory

Thats hot. Hes hot. Ugh :wow:

Guest Rachelle of London

Really? You sound like someone that hasn't watched a single interview he's done cuz he definitely doesn't come across as you've described him, but carry on.

Thats hot. Hes hot. Ugh :wow:

He is! He's my dream white boy! Him and Colin Farrell

And anyone that thinks the dems and the republicans are one and the same at this point is seriously is out of their mind. Sorry.

This is as offensive as it is untrue.

You are free to think whatever you want but you shouldn't undermine people who see things different from you. Sorry.

Guest Rachelle of London

Most and I mean 98% of politicians are all in it for the same gain, no matter what party they represent. The sooner people just accept it the better so we can all move on and stop chasing this false belief of "hope" or "change" and get on with our lives. The real people that are willing to fight for change are not politicians, they are everyday people that are stuck in the system that is created by those same politicians. Its all one system, doesn't matter who is in charge they're all puppets at the end of the day!

Guest Rachelle of London

Saying that I STILL vote! Too many of my people thats ethnics and women died for my right to vote. But I always vote for independent candidates

Saying that I STILL vote! Too many of my people thats ethnics and women died for my right to vote. But I always vote for independent candidates

Yet politicians are laughing at your face, everything's rigged

Anywho, I see you people derailed this thread into the 10% of the video you chose to focus on and ignored what is really important, so I wont keep discussing this voting thing

Why are people focusing on the fact that HE doesn't vote? That's not even his message, he is not telling people not to vote, he is asked about why HE doesn't vote and he explains his personal view, his message is far more important than that.

You all sound like the journalists that bash Madonna when she does a good thing and instead of focusing on that they focus on a trivial negative thing. Geez

And on the bolded part: things are going wrong for most of the people when voting for one side OR the other, the problem is already here.

Fuck's sake. Seriously. Chill out.

Most and I mean 98% of politicians are all in it for the same gain, no matter what party they represent. The sooner people just accept it the better so we can all move on and stop chasing this false belief of "hope" or "change" and get on with our lives. The real people that are willing to fight for change are not politicians, they are everyday people that are stuck in the system that is created by those same politicians. Its all one system, doesn't matter who is in charge they're all puppets at the end of the day!

Oh Chelle its all changed here (or was supposed to) We had a guy Ian somebody saying he should be Mayor. He would get rid of the council MP's and council tax and work for free. He even knocked on my door explaining it.

You go and vote...He gets in...Still got the MP's, council tax goes up and he chose his wage at 69k a year with a free house.

Guest Rachelle of London

Oh Chelle its all changed here (or was supposed to) We had a guy Ian somebody saying he should be Mayor. He would get rid of the council MP's and council tax and work for free. He even knocked on my door explaining it.

You go and vote...He gets in...Still got the MP's, council tax goes up and he chose his wage at 69k a year with a free house.

Yeah I vote for those candidates, not the twats that get £100k from the public purse to do up their holiday homes in Cornwall!

I don't feel you are attacking me, still I don't see anything solid in your proposal that makes me think that it could realistically bring about change.

You mention non-compliance is a ''spoiled brat ideology, well I'm not sure Gandhi was a spoiled brat or the dozen other leaders and nations that have used civil disobedience as an effective tool to bring about change against opression.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_disobedience

Actually the whole relation of Gandhi to western politics is pointless. He said as much himself.

I think your brain has trouble grasping things sometimes.

People were talking about Madonna supporting Russell.

I said Madonna supports voting though.

Posted video where Madonna says she supports voting.

Why are you going on about it being just a small part of the puzzle?

That wasn't my damn point. My point was Madonna is PRO voting.

And anyone that thinks the dems and the republicans are one and the same at this point is seriously is out of their mind. Sorry. None of them are perfect. No party or system is, but is obvious one party is batshit crazy while the other at least tries to remain as sane as possible.

Madonna believes in God, does that mean you do too? I wrote what I wrote to explain that Madonna (just like any intelligent person) realises that it takes more than a vote to change REAL CULTURE.

Delusion.

I know.

Sarah Palin as President for 4 years with a green light to do whatever she wants because Congress will be nothing but republicans as well since we all sat out.

:thumbsup:

Absolutely correct. ^^^This is how it would be if the Republicans were in charge.

And, don't forget, the Republicans want this as well...

We'd all be paying 45% APR on our credit cards, and you would not be notified of late charges.

Bank fees would be through the roof.

Gay rights - gone.

Federally funded highways. They'd be gone.

No affordable health care.

Regulations of emissions and the clean air act - gone.

Safety regulations on the food we eat, The FDA - gone.

Oh and, you know those rip-off loan shark places you see in mini malls - you can thank Ronald Regan for that. (ass hole)

Democrats are on the other side of the spectrum. PERIOD!

Madonna believes in God, does that mean you do too? I wrote what I wrote to explain that Madonna (just like any intelligent person) realises that it takes more than a vote to change REAL CULTURE.

What the HELL are you talking about!? :lmao:

No one here is talking about my views compared to Madonna's.

ALL I said was that Madonna would disagree with Russell on not voting. End of! That's it! No need to twist yourself into a pretzel and pull out other angles just so you can have an opposite opinion of me.

:thumbsup:

Absolutely correct. ^^^This is how it would be if the Republicans were in charge.

And, don't forget, the Republicans want this as well...

We'd all be paying 45% APR on our credit cards, and you would not be notified of late charges.

Bank fees would be through the roof.

Gay rights - gone.

Federally funded highways. They'd be gone.

No affordable health care.

Regulations of emissions and the clean air act - gone.

Safety regulations on the food we eat, The FDA - gone.

Oh and, you know those rip-off loan shark places you see in mini malls - you can thank Ronald Regan for that. (ass hole)

Democrats are on the other side of the spectrum. PERIOD!

Truth.gif

That is just a front they play to distract the sheep, the agenda is decided and dictated to them. The whole government is bought by international bankers and global corporations.

I really hope people start waking up and looking beyond the propaganda and lies the mainstream media feeds. Stop believing what the nice man on the TV tells you. It's 2013, you are madonna fans on top of it, I mean there's no excuse.

And get mad at me all you want and recur to insults (like most in here do) but please please look beyond your newspapers and tv for the truth. Do it for your sake.

What the HELL are you talking about!? :lmao: No one here is talking about my views compared to Madonna's. ALL I said was that Madonna would disagree with Russell on not voting. End of! That's it! No need to twist yourself into a pretzel and pull out other angles just so you can have an opposite opinion of me.

You view things too simplistically. You're a lobotomised sheep (where cultural change and politics are concerned).

That is just a front they play to distract the sheep, the agenda is decided and dictated to them. The whole government is bought by international bankers and global corporations.

I really hope people start waking up and looking beyond the propaganda and lies the mainstream media feeds. Stop believing what the nice man on the TV tells you. It's 2013, you are madonna fans on top of it, I mean there's no excuse.

And get mad at me all you want and recur to insults (like most in here do) but please please look beyond your newspapers and tv for the truth. Do it for your sake.

Okay I'm not gonna get into the NWO shit. It makes no sense at all. Especially considering that there are countries out there with great amounts of untapped wealth with no political stability. However, I will say that governments are like pop stars. They all make up one huge mass but each party has a defining character. A genre as it were. Within that party there are individual thinkers who have different ideas. So some people's take on the party politics may be very different to others. Just like two different artists take on heavy metal might produce two totally different works. The interesting part comes when you realise that all of these musicians are relying on marketing and encouraging the public to buy into an identity in order to accrue success. The government does the same.

I think everybody here knows how suspicious and twisted the American music charts are...that's all I'm saying. :fag:

Guest SecretGarden

It's funny how most people who buy into the New World Order conspiracies keep telling others not to buy into propaganda, and call others sheep while being just as sheepish and brainwashed as those whom they criticize.

Anyway regarding Russell Brand, I agree with certain things he says, but his reasons for not voting are off, he claims he doesn't want to do it because he sees it as an act of compliance; well isn't he complying and conforming in every other way? unless you're living like an anarchist, you're complying to societal standards in one way or another. Speaking of which, I don't see what not voting is going to do, you want change? well, at least vote for someone who stands for what you believe in (though understandably it's quite hard to find someone who does) or better yet run for office yourself. The fact of the matter is that our structure of our government is going to remain in tact, at least for quite some time, so don't worry about a revolution and start thinking about productive ways we can change the goals of the government; rather than overthrowing them completely.

Guest SecretGarden

I don't think he was advocating the act of 'not complying' itself but rather not complying with things you don't agree with...

I definitely agree with that, but then I'd also ask; what other way can one achieve change in the political sphere without voting or running for office yourself? his answer is to start a revolution, well...how? it's a genuine question on my end because unless you're going to gather enough support to overthrow the government then one must go through the proper channels and elections to gain more political power and in turn implement their ideologies (through, ironically, public vote).