The bridge of "Vogue": She always cut it LIVE

Crystal Coffin

"Beauty's where you find it
Not just where you bump andgrind it
Soul is in the musical
That's where I feel so beautiful
Magical, life's a ball
So get up on the dance floor"

It was omitted on S&S, Super Bowl and MDNA, the last time she performed it was on RIT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOzDcw82q70

Why the fuck did she not perform the full version of Gambler on VT??????????

She cut off the whole ending! That performance was so short! It needed to be longer!

Yeah, I've been wondering about this too. I mean, the "Get up on the dancefloor" part is the most orgasmic part of the song. If she performs it on the next tour and misses the bridge again, i'll be gutted.

love her full songs. hate the cuts.

the extended ones are amazingly orgasmic. the best! into the groove on wtg, deeper and deeper on girlie show, etc.

tired of the edits.

Edited by Stud

Guest Rachelle of London

I wish we had an opportunity to ask her questions like this: Why do you cut the climactic part of "Vogue" all the time? Oh wait we did and nobody asked!

Did you ask?

But she's never really performed it 'live'

K6xdlUO.jpg

she sang every word of rit! according to liz Rosenberg. assuming she obviously knows.

Edited by Stud

You can hear her live vocal of 'get up on the dancefloor' on BAT over the top of the backing track. In ToD, the part where she says 'definitely one of the all time worst' when she comes off stage is in her Vogue costume and I think relates to that performance as her voice is really croaky when she sings the line.

That may be one of the reasons why she drops it as it's a tough line to sing live.

Yah, even during BAT, I think you could hear her under the pre-recorded vocal in spots of the song- kinda like with "Where's the Party." And then Girlie Show in spots, too (i.e. the start of the performance on the DVD).

The Australian version of the GS DVD contains two mixes - one side contains a pre-recorded vocal for the whole song, whereas on the other side, she starts off singing live and then the pre-recorded vocal is very quickly mixed into the live vocal and then completely overpowers it.

From memory, the live broadcast shown in the UK in December, 1993, featured predominantly live vocals, although I currently don't have a VHS player to verify this.

There's rehearsal audio of Madonna singing various parts of the song (including the rap) from the BAT.