Madonna sells her mansion in Beverly Hills for $19.5 million

XXL

Madonna sells her mansion in Beverly Hills for $19.5 million

http://www.latimes.com/classified/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hotprop-madonna-20131024,0,4008013.story#axzz2iisg7964

73974148.jpg

By Lauren Beale

This post has been updated. See the note below for details

October 24, 2013, 1:39 p.m

Madonna has sold her mansion in Beverly Hills for $19.5 million, The Times has confirmed

The property was first marketed last year as a pocket listing and this year appeared on the Multiple Listing Service priced at $22.5 million. During her nearly decade of ownership, the pop icon rebuilt and expanded the estate, completing it in 2010. The discrete MLS listing showed only an aerial view, and agents and their clients who toured the home were among the few who have had a look inside.

The gabled-roofed behemoth sits behind gates on 1.25 acres of landscaped grounds. The compound, accessed by a 500-foot tree-lined driveway, includes a nine-bedroom main house, two guesthouses, a resort-size swimming pool and a tennis court.

There is a two-story dining room, a gym, a theater/screening room, an art studio, a bar and 17,000 square feet of living space The singer-songwriter, 55, is one of the best-selling female recording artists of all time. Among her hit songs are "Vogue," "Borderline" and "Material Girl."

She bought the property in 2003 for $12 million, according to Times archives

Kurt Rappaport of Westside Estate Agency and Barry Peele of Sotheby's International Real Estate were the listing agents. Ben Bacal, also of Sotheby's International Real Estate, represented the buyer

Guest Rachelle of London

I wonder if she'll buy another residence in LA. she probably has loads of investments but wonde rif she'll live in LA again

Oh and Castillo De Lago will always be my fav Madonna home. Did she sell it cause she didn't like living in LA or was it cause she was never there?

That home was to die for! It was so stunning. So rustic, so hollywood hills, soooo beautiful. I would love to live there. Walk outside in the morning in a jock with the California breeze hitting me.

It's a beautiful home, perfect backyard for a party.

spread8844.jpg

IMG_55232.JPG

2284708542_348343b309_z.jpg

MADONNAS-HOME.jpg

Oh and Castillo De Lago will always be my fav Madonna home. Did she sell it cause she didn't like living in LA or was it cause she was never there?

That home was to die for! It was so stunning. So rustic, so hollywood hills, soooo beautiful. I would love to live there. Walk outside in the morning in a jock with the California breeze hitting me.

It's a beautiful home, perfect backyard for a party.

It's fantastic, I think at the time it was reported Madonna didn't feel safe there anymore, especially with Lola...

Remember hat stalker just climbed over the walls.

She seems to be a New Yorker 100% now. Plus, hasn't she always stressed how much she actually hated living in LA, and has always preferred NYC?

Castillo De Lago was beautiful though. Didn't some Russians buy it and fuck it up?

That home was to die for! It was so stunning. So rustic, so hollywood hills, soooo beautiful. I would love to live there. Walk outside in the morning in a jock with the California breeze hitting me. It's a beautiful home, perfect backyard for a party.

spread8844.jpg

IMG_55232.JPG

2284708542_348343b309_z.jpg

MADONNAS-HOME.jpg

She sold it because that time (1995) was when she started living part time in the UK, starting with the Evita recording sessions, way before Andy Bird and Guy, she was spending more time between NY and London and then she actually married a Brit 5 years later and when she purchased new properties in Beverly Hills they reflected her new role as a mother first and then as a mother and a wife, obviously still grand properties (not the average mum and wife property lol) but more functional. I loved both her Diane Keaton and Sela Ward purchases. The Diane Keaton one was in Loz Feliz I believe

This Castillo Del Lago property is grand and nice but imo not suitable to family life, it's more in the tone of formerly famous superstar living a secluded life in her gilded castle. I think this house was as good as it went along with the aesthetics of the post Erotica/ Bedtime Story era/Evita incipit

Guest Rachelle of London

I love Castillo del Lago

my fave M house is the Coconut Grove house , someone uploaded pics in the old Madonna Houses thread! The house on Star Island isnt so impressive but still lovely!!

I love the location of the Great Cumberland Street London property and I love Guy Ritchies Fitzroy Sq home

The Wallace Neff house she bought from Diane Keaton of North Roxbury Drive was/is to die for. Unfortunately that wasn't (megastar) safe either. Most likely the reason the bought the house on Sunset Boulevard. Although "on" is not quite correct except for the adress and the gate. The property itself is a flag lot surrounded by other estates which guarantees complete privacy. Too bad there were never any pictures except for this aerial shot.

Guest Rachelle of London

Is there a site that documents all of Madonna's homes over the years? A list of some kind. I'm sure some fan/site has such.....

We used to.....it was a great thread..I hope its archive, a poster I cant remember who posted loads of pics of all her ex houses too

Guest Rachelle of London

I need to find that thread.

it was great...omg why cant I remember who had the info....it even had info about the houses, how long she owned them for...everything ughhhh does anyone else remember?

it was great...omg why cant I remember who had the info....it even had info about the houses, how long she owned them for...everything ughhhh does anyone else remember?

OMG i remember! It must have been like 1 and a half/2 years ago cos I searching up M's houses on google and an image came up from on here, so I joined but just lurked for a bit, then I started posting a few months after

Guest Rachelle of London

OMG i remember! It must have been like 1 and a half/2 years ago cos I searching up M's houses on google and an image came up from on here, so I joined but just lurked for a bit, then I started posting a few months after

YESSSS! do you remember who was posting all the info!!! ughhh