IMO, These are Madonna's greatest albums

ryan

oh, what a great thread!!!! So many musical tastes, and fans discussing this and that and NO FIGHTS! Love it!!!!!

I agree that Hard Candy oozes disappointment in terms of marriage. Miles Away, Incredible... This last song is the bridge between HC and MDNA (Best Friend) In fact, if we were to be really purist, i would say that HC and MDNA are in fact three different albums

1. HC the "M-dolla" album, that started as Madonna's answer to trends

2. HC / MDNA as Madonna going through one of the most difficult phases in her life. Her marriage was broken and she was so sad and angry and all that.

3. MDNA as the emancipation of Madonna: the woman wants to have her fun and enjoy life!

So I expect next album to be Madonna being secure of herself and being VERY controversial in terms of politics, after going through very difficult moments that started with ROL and ended with MDNA. With ROL she asked herself "does it worth it?". With AL she asked herself "What's wrong with this world?", and those last albums taking off that stupid cunt of Ritchie that whas slowing her down.

MDNA has so much to offer; there's so many flavors. That's what I love about it. People get sidetracked by the strong contrast of "light and dark," and they forget that a song called B-Day Song wasn't on the 12-track album, but released as a bonus track. The deeper cuts are some of her all time best. FAKT.

but some of the best were bonus tracks too:

Beautiful Killer, I Fucked Up, Best Friend

In that case it doesn't make sense at all.

Like a prayer was heavily about the dissolve of marriage and that's just one example. I see more in common between Hard Candy and Madonna than I do with Hard Candy and Confessions. I also see more connection between Confessions as Erotica than I do between Erotica and Like a prayer. I don't think there's any singular pattern between the albums and I'm Breathless should definitely be included when considering her recording career as a whole. As a fan I even feel WTG soundtrack (her parts), something to remember and the new songs featured on the Immaculate collection are so important. While the Evita soundtrack is important in her growth as a performer I don't think it shows growth in her personal writing skills etcetera.

Having said all that...WELL DONE WHOOPIE FOR MAKING A POSITIVE THREAD. It is really refreshing and encouraging to read some love for her. ANY WHORE COMES IN WHINGING ABOUT MDNA AND HARD CANDY'S WRITING WHILE PRAISING DEAR JESSIE THEN IMMA...

EVITA sountrack (the 2 disc version) is ESSENTIAL Madonna release.

She said shes the most proud of these 3 things of her WHOLE ENTIRE CAREER and would send them to space in a capsule:

"LAP album, EVITA movie and EVITA soundtrack".