IMO, These are Madonna's greatest albums

ryan

I mean, it sort of makes sense that someone who puts her greatest musical achievement last would put HC first. No offense. Just makes sense.

None taken. Think of your typical Madonna fan... okay now think of the complete opposite of that type of fan. Yeah, dats me. :fag:

Have a talk with her team then, they're the ones who put out the press releases and post them first on Madonna.com

Ugg, such a tiring a subject!

I was merely pointing out that IB not being listed as a studio album in her press releases doesn't mean anything. They just say what suits their promotional purposes. And I know people who write press releases for a living. It's no one special and certainly no one important. It's usually an assistant with a basic check list and rudimentary understanding of the project or artist, recycling talking points.

Like A Prayer is cooler than True Blue. Less dated. But, again, all her albums are great.

You will love it as you age. Trust me. I always found LAP to be highly overrated (I still do a bit), but I never could appreciate it. But a few years ago it blew me away; I guess somewhere along my "adulthood" I found a way to relate to it. I re-discovered it and loved it from beginning to end.

I was merely pointing out that IB not being listed as a studio album in her press releases doesn't mean anything. They just say what suits their promotional purposes. And I know people who write press releases for a living. It's no one special and certainly no one important. It's usually an assistant with a basic check list and rudimentary understanding of the project or artist, recycling talking points.

Well if Madonna felt the need for it to be included, she would. She was asked the question years ago, and I believe she responded by saying it was a soundtrack.

Well if Madonna felt the need for it to be included, she would. She was asked the question years ago, and I believe she responded by saying it was a soundtrack.

Good for her. She also thinks W.E. is her debut feature. She's wrong.

Good for her. She also thinks W.E. is her debut feature. She's wrong.

I could do some digging for Madonna's phone number, would you like that? You sound pressed

^ Are you just saying words? (cockblocked! that was meant for erotica blu)

I'm Breathless exist for the sole purpose of cross promoting her brand and character from the movie. It's the Madonna soundtrack to Dick Tracy.

MDNA has so much to offer; there's so many flavors. That's what I love about it. People get sidetracked by the strong contrast of "light and dark," and they forget that a song called B-Day Song wasn't on the 12-track album, but released as a bonus track. The deeper cuts are some of her all time best. FAKT.

MDNA is much better than HC. They're like mirror images of each other: There are a handful of tracks on HC that are quality, and there are a handful of tracks on MDNA that suck.

Most of MDNA sucks.

I could do some digging for Madonna's phone number, would you like that? You sound pressed

Not really. I just like facts. IB is always a point of contention among fans. It's neither a soundtrack nor a traditional studio album, so everyone is welcome to include it or not include it. But pretending Filth & Wisdom didn't exist because Harvey Weinstein and Madonna wanted to use the word "debut" as some sort of marketing cache is just silly. What's that saying? You're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.

Not really. I just like facts. IB is always a point of contention among fans. It's neither a soundtrack nor a traditional studio album, so everyone is welcome to include it or not include it. But pretending Filth & Wisdom didn't exist because Harvey Weinstein and Madonna wanted to use the word "debut" as some sort of marketing cache is just silly. What's that saying? You're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.

Fact: I'm Breathless is not a proper studio album. Neither contractually or otherwise.

IDK really, never really bothered me tbqh. I would start your own thread on it.

Anyways, let's get back on topic....

115277408.jpg

I LOVE the non-albums, especially Stay and Pretender.

Pretender is the fucking shit! I'd rate it as the best song on LAV! :faint:

I think most of MDNA is quite good: Gang Bang, I'm Addicted, Turn Up the Radio, Some Girls, I Don't Give A, I'm a Sinner, Love Spent, Falling Free, Beautiful Killer, I Fucked Up, Best Friend

The only songs I have real issues with are Girl Gone Wild, Give Me All Your Luvin', and B-Day Song

Fact: I'm Breathless is not a proper studio album. Neither contractually or otherwise.

No one said it was.

I'm actually not very big on True Blue because......, the 7"s are soooooo much better. The album version of Live to Tell is so unlistenable. Yeah the 7" doesn't have the full intro, but that's what the Immaculate Collection version is for.

GU I understand where u are coming from but girl it's a divorce album because she was done goin thru a damn divorce and gettin ARod dick

All the songs could've been about puppies and Sprite and I'd still call it a divorce album

Well that's just dumb. :lol:

As a world renowned authority on all things Sticky & Sweet, I can assure you that it aint entirely about Guy Ritchie.

Like GU, I too have always felt like Hard Candy was moreso about her perseverance & her battle with ageing. It's also an encouraging, motivational record that touches on the dangers of procrastination & wasting time. M-Dolla was like a personal trainer & the songs were her work-out instructions.

Candy Shop to the untrained ear is just vulgar fluff, but it's actually symbolic. Whatever you want, she'll have it 4 you. she's every woman. She's every flavor you'd like. She's EVERYTHING. Now literally... it IS a song about how her pussy game is still tight & right, which in itself is groundbreaking; how dare she proclaim her sexual prowess at 50! WERK YOU OLD BITCH!

GI2M, though masked as poppy, upbeat fun, its really her anti-ageism declaration of longevity & immortality. It's an anthem, really.

Beat Goes On is Madonna urging us, the listeners, to go on & get up & get out & do something. LOVE how she continually brings up the concept of time throughout the whole album: 'GET UP! IT'S TIME! ...The time is right now ...Stand in the back, or be the star.' -You get it!

4 Minutes is a direct message to the haters, those that question her actions & challenge her decisions: 'If I die tonight, at least I can say I did what I wanted to do. Tell me how about you!?' -Since music is her primary artform, she only has one song, one shot to get her message across/ save tha world! She's Wonder Woman and Justin's the rope. Gotta love the sense of urgency & alarm in those backing horns too!

Dance 2nite is definitely about letting go & enjoying the moment: 'You gotta move fast, fast, fast! If you want this good thing to last!' :wow:

I dunno what Voices is about cuz I hate Voices & only listened to it like twice in my whole life. Ugh. Hate it.

...I could go on & on & on.

I feel like HC was truly 'made' for my then-teenaged ears; I love a lot of her work, but lets be real, I'M YOUNG and I haven't experienced majority of what she sings about (I've never been a fortress one has had to burn, nor have I ever been in charge & treated my lover like a child, allowing him to go wild & put my mouth where I wanted to). This is the one Madonna album I can insert myself into, lyrically, and imagine as if she's directly singing to me. It's the album I relate to the most! Oh, lets not forget that the music itself was hot as fuck; Timbaland,Justin, Pharrell, Kanye!? Like, can life get any better? :wow:

i bow before you

MM, LAV, TB, LAP, IB, E, BS, ROL, M, AL, COADF, HC, MDNA...b-sides, bonus tracks, compilation tracks, soundtracks, unreleased, demos....

I love them all!!