IMO, These are Madonna's greatest albums

ryan

Guest Pud Whacker

Absolutely! No two Madonna fans are the same! :wow:

Take the cover for example; my mother, like most people, instantly though it was too vulgar, too harsh, too much! Me? I was DRAWN to it! The NERVE of this bitch to be PERCHED at 50 years old, legs spread, mouth open suggestively, pale skin contrasting against that vibrant peppermint wall... WHATS NOT TO LIKE!? It's raunchy done right dammit.

tumblr_mv5t43jrR51qadaewo1_500.jpg

ICONIC

everything!

madonna_madonna--1983-argentina-front%2B

LIFE!!!

What would you call this gesture? What exactly is that facial expression? Such a mysterious, Mona Lisa-esque cover!

You've got flocks of pop pretenders-to-the-throne posing & trying their hardest to be the sexiest cunt in town, while Madonnas over here simply giving us face & wrist jewelry. No perked up tits, no forced posturing, no wigs, no props... UGH, so subtle & yet so much impact! SHE SLAYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssSSSSsssssSSSSss!!!!!! [/faggin out seriously]

I NEVER IN MY LIFE SAID THAT!

THAT WAS ADREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYAN!

I FUCKING LOVE EROTICA! :inlove:It's even in my Top 3 Madonna albums.

Would y'all stop accusing me of not liking Erotica just cuz RUDE N4P is spreading LIES? I like Erotica just fine! I would die without Thief of Hearts in my life. :dramatic:

True Blue, however, is another story. :1251: but regardless of whether or not I like it, I can appreciate and respect its place in her history.

Guest Pud Whacker

What would you call this gesture? What exactly is that facial expression? Such a mysterious, Mona Lisa-esque cover!

You've got flocks of pop pretenders-to-the-throne posing & trying their hardest to be the sexiest cunt in town, while Madonnas over here simply giving us face & wrist jewelry. No perked up tits, no forced posturing, no wigs, no props... UGH, she's subtle & yet so much impact. SHE SLAYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssSSSSsssssSSSSss!!!!!! [/faggin out seriously]

its called: SEXHOLECUNTBITCHGLARELIFE

As a world renowned authority on all things Sticky & Sweet, I can assure you that it aint entirely about Guy Ritchie.

Like GU, I too have always felt like Hard Candy was moreso about her perseverance & her battle with ageing. It's also an encouraging, motivational record that touches on the dangers of procrastination & wasting time. M-Dolla was like a personal trainer & the songs were her work-out instructions.

Candy Shop to the untrained ear is just vulgar fluff, but it's actually symbolic. Whatever you want, she'll have it 4 you. she's every woman. She's every flavor you'd like. She's EVERYTHING. Now literally... it IS a song about how her pussy game is still tight & right, which in itself is groundbreaking; how dare she proclaim her sexual prowess at 50! WERK YOU OLD BITCH!

GI2M, though masked as poppy, upbeat fun, its really her anti-ageism declaration of longevity & immortality. It's an anthem, really.

Beat Goes On is Madonna urging us, the listeners, to go on & get up & get out & do something. LOVE how she continually brings up the concept of time throughout the whole album: 'GET UP! IT'S TIME! ...The time is right now ...Stand in the back, or be the star.' -You get it!

4 Minutes is a direct message to the haters, those that question her actions & challenge her decisions: 'If I die tonight, at least I can say I did what I wanted to do. Tell me how about you!?' -Since music is her primary artform, she only has one song, one shot to get her message across/ save tha world! She's Wonder Woman and Justin's the rope. Gotta love the sense of urgency & alarm in those backing horns too!

Dance 2nite is definitely about letting go & enjoying the moment: 'You gotta move fast, fast, fast! If you want this good thing to last!' :wow:

I dunno what Voices is about cuz I hate Voices & only listened to it like twice in my whole life. Ugh. Hate it.

...I could go on & on & on.

I feel like HC was truly 'made' for my then-teenaged ears; I love a lot of her work, but lets be real, I'M YOUNG and I haven't experienced majority of what she sings about (I've never been a fortress one has had to burn, nor have I ever been in charge & treated my lover like a child, allowing him to go wild & put my mouth where I wanted to). This is the one Madonna album I can insert myself into, lyrically, and imagine as if she's directly singing to me. It's the album I relate to the most! Oh, lets not forget that the music itself was hot as fuck; Timbaland,Justin, Pharrell, Kanye!? Like, can life get any better? :wow:

Fantastic, fantastic post!!! I can't help but completely agree with all of this. I've thought all these things about Hard Candy for years, but you've put it into words better than I ever could :thumbsup:

Guest Not4Pussies

Would y'all stop accusing me of not liking Erotica just cuz RUDE N4P is spreading LIES? I like Erotica just fine! I would die without Thief of Hearts in my life. :dramatic:

True Blue, however, is another story. :1251: but regardless of whether or not I like it, I can appreciate and respect its place in her history.

sure you love Thief Of Hearts, but do you like the album as a whole? *cough*deeper and deeper*cough*

im just going for what you said in the WTG Tour thread that you don't care very much for TB.. you said you dont even care for OYH.

sure you love Thief Of Hearts, but do you like the album as a whole? *cough*deeper and deeper*cough*

im just going for what you said in the WTG Tour thread that you don't care very much for TB.. you said you dont even care for OYH.

I do. I'm not big on Why's It So Hard or In This Life, but the rest is cool, and Secret Garden is in my top ten. There are a lot of great things about the album. I don't really like too much of TB as it is. The reinventions on tour are cool, but I never ever play it on my own accord.

You think so? I feel like his sound was a better fit, especially on RUNAWAY LOVER :inlove: Best thing he's ever done!

Orbit's non-ROL work is strongest on MDNA. And that's because he's retreading what he did on Light there.

Are you bad mouthing Like a Prayer?

Bad Mouthing is such a loaded phrase. Let's just say I'm not particularly fond of it, as indicated here:

HC >

Erotica >

Music >

American Life >

Like a Virgin >

MADONNA >

MDNA >

True Blue >

Ray of Light>

Bedtime Stories >

COADF >

Like a Prayer

Orbit was responsible for Gone, though Spike Stent reworked it. It's like, one the best things ever. The Music album in my top 3, and it will never, NEVERRRRR!!

Orbit did have some good post ROL work, especially Time Stood Still. Whew chald, that's a hot ballad right there.

Her press releases also pretend W.E. is her first film.

Have a talk with her team then, they're the ones who put out the press releases and post them first on Madonna.com

Ugg, such a tiring a subject!