Madonna charts invasion 1985

Roland Barthes

This is amazing and i was wondering if any other artist ever had this :

From july 1985 to december 1985 Madonna had 6 songs charting at the same time in the charts all over the world :

- Into the groove

- Angel

- Crazy for you

- Gambler

- Dress you up

and a re-release of Holiday in the uk.

http://www.officialcharts.com/archive-chart/_/1/1985/

In France, Italy, Germany and other european countries she was sometimes at n°1 and 2 or had like 3 songs in the top 10 or 5 in the top 20.

She did it again in 1987 with La isla bonita competing with Who's that girl.

This is amazing and i was wondering if any other artist ever had this :

From july 1985 to december 1985 Madonna had 6 songs charting at the same time in the charts all over the world :

- Into the groove

- Angel

- Crazy for you

- Gambler

- Dress you up

and a re-release of Holiday in the uk.

http://www.officialcharts.com/archive-chart/_/1/1985/

In France, Italy, Germany and other european countries she was sometimes at n°1 and 2 or had like 3 songs in the top 10 or 5 in the top 20.

She did it again in 1987 with La isla bonita competing with Who's that girl.

Plenty of artists did, moreso during the sixties (The Beatles in 1964 would blow your mind).

Incredibly impressive for the eighties though!

August 85 in the UK, ITG was No.1, Holiday was No.2 and Crazy For You was No. 17, I think. Pretty much unheard of to have three in the top 20 in the UK then or since until downloadable singles came along and changed it all.Angel, Gambler and Dress You Up followed over the next four months. It was non-stop that year! I couldn't believe it and then Borderline was re-released early 86 which led into True Blue so it was non-stop.

Such a great time to be fan although oddly enough, she didn't do any interviews, didn't come to Europe to perform and there was only the Live Aid appearance for us international fans. Without the internet, it was like she'd dropped off the planet, even though she was all over the radio and magazines.

However, it depends on each country's charts. In Germany, Guns n Roses had November Rain and Knocking on Heaven's Door in the charts at the same time as one had been there for many, many weeks.