Kid Rock about Madonna

Nikki

What an ignoramus.

:rotfl:

PIERS MORGAN Justin Timberlake and Jay Z apparently have the highest tickets per show

$200-$250

What do you think of that?

KID ROCK It's garbage, it's highway robbery

I don't care who you are

:rotfl:

PIERS MORGAN Justin Timberlake and Jay Z apparently have the highest tickets per show

$200-$250

What do you think of that?

KID ROCK It's garbage, it's highway robbery

I don't care who you are

They're both fucking idiots. First of all, Justin/JayZ don't have the highest ticket price per show. Madonna does, not to mention don't some of the legendary rockers also command similar prices? Hell, Britney Spears tickets are more than 250...

As for "Kid Rock"...This fucker knows nothing about business. I mean, "highway robbery"...it's a business, idiot. I mean, what are going to do, go into Chanel and demand some shoes for 29.99? You get what you pay for. Madonna is the Chanel of the touring business...hence, she can charge that price on her name alone (let alone the quality and COST of the production she is putting on - Economics 101). "Kid Rock" is the fucking Dollar Store of touring...I mean, yeah, dude charge 20 bucks with a free beer...considering his show probably consists of a (drunk) band with some shitty lights, let alone when was the last time anyone cared regarding you or the music you put out...? Think of the audience that he probably sells to...says it all really. That's why you only can charge 20 bucks dude. No wonder he's a repub.

They're both fucking idiots. First of all, Justin/JayZ don't have the highest ticket price per show. Madonna does, not to mention don't some of the legendary rockers also command similar prices? Hell, Britney Spears tickets are more than 250...

As for "Kid Rock"...This fucker knows nothing about business. I mean, "highway robbery"...it's a business, idiot. I mean, what are going to do, go into Chanel and demand some shoes for 29.99? You get what you pay for. Madonna is the Chanel of the touring business...hence, she can charge that price on her name alone (let alone the quality and COST of the production she is putting on - Economics 101).

"Kid Rock" is the fucking Dollar Store of touring...I mean, yeah, dude charge 20 bucks with a free beer...considering his show probably consists of a (drunk) band with some shitty lights, let alone when was the last time anyone cared regarding you or the music you put out...? Think of the audience that he probably sells to...says it all really. That's why you only can charge 20 bucks dude. No wonder he's a repub.

I love how in that video where he talks politics he complains about entertainers expressing their political preferences

Yet he's at a republican convention supporting a republican candidate

Talk about THICK :rotfl:

Okay so that is what was said. I thought the host went on and on about Madonna. He mentioned her along with others as one of many musicians that came from the area. He also asked him a question about why he thinks the city creates an environment for musicians.

Oh guess what Kid Rock is a football fan. Love to know what he thinks of the average price of a ticket to see an NFL game. Thats just to get in, that doesn't include parking etc...and you get a chance to see them every year several more times than your favorite artist who plays two shows at your city every few years. He played in a stadium where the people in there paid some bucks to get in. Hey they even charge that kind of money for people to freeze their asses off. Wonder what what football fan Kid Rock thinks of that?

I have to agree with his stance on ticket pricing. It has gotten out of hand. Most people who want to go to concerts, cannot afford to see some of their favorite artists these days due to high ticket sales. I know a lot of Madonna fans (even here) have passed up going to see her in concert because they can't afford her tickets. I've also read how some people have saved up for months on end to go to her concerts if not took out loans or maxed out their credit cards. You shouldn't have to jeopardize your financial situation to go see your favorite performer or sports team. Certainly, I expect performers who are in higher demand to charge a little more, but for good Madonna seats, you're going to shell out at least $350.00 and that's just for one seat. And while I think she puts a lot into her shows to demand higher ticket prices, but paying that much is outrageous when Madonna was one of the biggest names on the planet back in 1990 and a ticket to her Blond Ambtion show was merely $30.

I know we all here say Madonna's worth it, and she puts so much into her show. But I'm sure if she just charged half the price for her most expensive ticket, she will still make a killing. Just because you CAN charge high price tickets, means you should. And the fact is, the more entertainers who do this, the more and more they will alienate their hardcore fans who can't afford.

Oh guess what Kid Rock is a football fan. Love to know what he thinks of the average price of a ticket to see an NFL game. Thats just to get in, that doesn't include parking etc...and you get a chance to see them every year several more times than your favorite artist who plays two shows at your city every few years. He played in a stadium where the people in there paid some bucks to get in. Hey they even charge that kind of money for people to freeze their asses off. Wonder what what football fan Kid Rock thinks of that?

He actually mentioned "sporting events" with Piers Morgan being extremely expensive as well.

Anyway, Kid Rock tends to have made his home with Detroit. He's a true local boy. Madonna is a global artist. She may have been born and raised in that area, but she never claimed to be that "hometowm local girl". I guess New York City is the closest to her "home town" as this is where she has the most fond memories and loves to live the most.

I find it interesting that this musician calls out Madonna for doing nothing, and yet he stumps for Republicans whose fiscal policies have basically helped to destroy the workers' unions and middle class foundation that made Detroit a once-prosperous city.

He certainly is welcome to his opinion, but really, it just makes him look like even more of a backward idiot. Have at it, Kid Rock.

I find it interesting that this musician calls out Madonna for doing nothing, and yet he stumps for Republicans whose fiscal policies have basically helped to destroy the workers' unions and middle class foundation that made Detroit a once-prosperous city.

He certainly is welcome to his opinion, but really, it just makes him look like even more of a backward idiot. Have at it, Kid Rock.

This

As for Kid Rock, he's just a white trash redneck with a 5 minute career and horrible political views. His view on anything is as important, relevant or of interest as the view of the writers of the Macarena.

:) yes!!

Exactly.He's nothing but a hypocrite.He supports the GOP,a party that only cares about the rich.

Who is Kid Rock?

A 40-year old guy who had his career heyday in the 90s and mainly in the US anyway

He's also famous for having dated Pamela Anderson

He attended the 1999 VMAs and went to say hi to M like they all do

r-MADONNA-KID-ROCK-large.jpg?7

vma_eminem3.jpg

justin-timberlake-madonna.jpg

I don't think he is really taking aim at Madonna, he is just being a patriot and obviously he really cares about the city and the people in it.

and anyway maybe he is right.. Detroit is in very bad shape

knowing Madonna she will remain silent on the issue for ages and then one day, she will answer the call and do something

I think she should do a free concert to bring the love to Detroit

A 40-year old guy who had his career heyday in the 90s and mainly in the US anyway

He's also famous for having dated Pamela Anderson

He attended the 1999 VMAs and went to say hi to M like they all do

:chuckle: