Kid Rock about Madonna

Nikki

Well I live in the Detroit area and no she hasn't done anything for Detroit. But does she owe Detroit anything?? No. What is it she's supposed to be doing for us?

This is the dumbest comment ever...

So basically, instead of logically helping those who made her what she is, she becomes like all other psychologically unstable celebrities and copes with her issues by tossing money at foreigners? Yeah, still no respect from Detroiters like myself....

How did the people who are in Detroit today in any way shape or form make Madonna who she is? :lmao:

And GOD FORBID she try an help foreigners! I hate when people think like that. Why does it matter who you help or who you help on what part of the planet? At the end of the day its a human trying to help other humans. I am sure Madonna has done more to help humanity as a whole than Kid Rock will ever come close to. All he seemed to be into was banging bitches and getting wasted.

And like I said, he is a republican. I thought one of the main rules of republicans was to pick your own self up and never look for a handout.

"Madonna! Where is our handouts!?"

Didn't she leave Detroit when she was 20? She hasn't lived there for 34 years. I think the clue is that she left :lol:.

I love it when people suggest a celebrity 'owes' a town something simply because they were born there. I can remember the mayor of Wellington (not far from where I grew up) suggesting that (the awful) Carol Decker & T'Pau do something for the town as that is where they used to live before they became pop stars.

Why do people always go on and on about being people "entitled" to their opinion, especially when it's ignorant? That doesn't mean anything. Like I have to bend over backwards because someone is "entitled"?

Yes, everyone has the right to have their opinion/idea/belief...and I respect peoples' right to have the right to have it...but that doesn't mean the opinion/idea/belief is worthy of any respect or validity if it is illogical or ignorant. "Entitled to an opinion" means jack shit.

:clap::clap::clap:

Well, she filmed the Drowned World DVD here so that's something. :queenbitch: Plus, last year she said that Lourde might go to University of Michigan. Madonna loved her time at UofM.

She was never very excited about Michigan. It brings back to her mind difficult childhood moments. There was also some kind of drama with an ex-mayor of Bay City, the town where she was born. Then they tried to give her the key of the city but she never accepted it.

Eminem and Kid Rock do a lot for the city. A lot of special concerts, events, they film videos here, record albums, charity etc. They treat Detroit and their Detroit fans like the epicenter of their careers. Eminem and his family also live here so they are part of the local community. His daughter goes to a public high school not far from Madonna's house.

The disconnection with Madonna started after Music in late 2001. She moved to England, the whole British accent drama and then the fact that she did not come with Re-Invention and Confessions was kind of a slap in everyone's face. She had visited with all previous tours. Even with the Girlie Show. Remember she only went to New York City, Philadelphia and Detroit. Thankfully, she came back with Sticky and MDNA.

Back in 2008 a german reporter went to Bay City to see what people think about her. :lmao: Click to watch. Some of the comments under the video are priceless.

I don't even know if she lived there at all. I think right after she was born they moved to the Detroit suburbs. Bay City is like 200 miles away.

http://youtu.be/4B2bYmkbRdw

By the way, All Summer Long was the song that blocked Give It 2 Me from the no1 on the European Singles Chart back in 2008. Ugh.

The real question is: What has Diana Ross done for Detroit :) ?

He had the georgeous duet with Sheryl Crow, Picture, but he also had that terrible cover song which I can't remember but it was popular here in oz but a piece of shit anyhoo.

Well, she filmed the Drowned World DVD here so that's something. :queenbitch: Plus, last year she said that Lourde might go to University of Michigan. Madonna loved her time at UofM.

She was never very excited about Michigan. It brings back to her mind difficult childhood moments. There was also some kind of drama with an ex-mayor of Bay City, the town where she was born. Then they tried to give her the key of the city but she never accepted it.

Eminem and Kid Rock do a lot for the city. A lot of special concerts, events, they film videos here, record albums, charity etc. They treat Detroit and their Detroit fans like the epicenter of their careers. Eminem and his family also live here so they are part of the local community. His daughter goes to a public high school not far from Madonna's house.

The disconnection with Madonna started after Music in late 2001. She moved to England, the whole British accent drama and then the fact that she did not come with Re-Invention and Confessions was kind of a slap in everyone's face. She had visited with all previous tours. Even with the Girlie Show. Remember she only went to New York City, Philadelphia and Detroit. Thankfully, she came back with Sticky and MDNA.

Back in 2008 a german reporter went to Bay City to see what people think about her. :lmao: Click to watch. Some of the comments under the video are priceless.

I don't even know if she lived there at all. I think right after she was born they moved to the Detroit suburbs. Bay City is like 200 miles away.

http://youtu.be/4B2bYmkbRdw

By the way, All Summer Long was the song that blocked Give It 2 Me from the no1 on the European Singles Chart back in 2008. Ugh.

Most of that was disgusting and it was very inappropriate visiting her mothers grave. However, the lady on the swing seemed genuine.

Hideous people with a half-a-neuron rethoric seeking a quick applause. Because if Kid Rock could charge $400 for a concert ticket, after having earned it through the consistency of a 3 decade long career, he wouldn't. Of course

Birds of a feather

57c169b2-e15d-45a8-bc52-95bfeff0b4f3HiRe

This is the dumbest comment ever...

How did the people who are in Detroit today in any way shape or form make Madonna who she is? :lmao:

And GOD FORBID she try an help foreigners! I hate when people think like that. Why does it matter who you help or who you help on what part of the planet? At the end of the day its a human trying to help other humans. I am sure Madonna has done more to help humanity as a whole than Kid Rock will ever come close to. All he seemed to be into was banging bitches and getting wasted.

And like I said, he is a republican. I thought one of the main rules of republicans was to pick your own self up and never look for a handout.

"Madonna! Where is our handouts!?"

:clap:

I was reading some of the comments after the article about Kid Rock that was posted and was surprised that a lot of people were mentioning that Madonna never admits to coming from Detroit. I don't even live in America yet has always known that she was born in Bay City, moved to Rochester and have read in countless interviews with her where she talks about living in Detroit. I have never heard her deny where she comes from.

I was reading some of the comments after the article about Kid Rock that was posted and was surprised that a lot of people were mentioning that Madonna never admits to coming from Detroit. I don't even live in America yet has always known that she was born in Bay City, moved to Rochester and have read in countless interviews with her where she talks about living in Detroit. I have never heard her deny where she comes from.

Exactly :chuckle:

The usual venom bullshit falsehood talk from people that can't stand her to begin with or that just envy her status. And the fact that she isn't a complacent, quiet simpleton who needs to lick someone's ass to get things done. Or looking for her ass to get kissed

Or they hate her simply because she isn't a self-indulgent or self-destructive person. Something such immense and long-standing position/wealth could have led her to. Madonna hides the fact she's from Detroit, that's a new one, that's why she recorded two tours there, the second one 18 years into her career :rotfl:

Hideous people with a half-a-neuron rethoric seeking a quick applause. Because if Kid Rock could charge $400 for a concert ticket, after having earned it through the consistency of a 3 decade long career, he wouldn't. Of course

THIS.

Exactly :chuckle:

The usual venom bullshit falsehood talk from people that can't stand her to begin with or that just envy her status. And the fact that she isn't a complacent, quiet simpleton who needs to lick someone's ass to get things done. Or looking for her ass to get kissed

Or they hate her simply because she isn't a self-indulgent or self-destructive person. Something such immense and long-standing position/wealth could have led her to. Madonna hides the fact she's from Detroit, that's a new one, that's why she recorded two tours there, the second one 18 years into her career :rotfl:

THIS. Basically every repected legend has been self-destructive in a way or another. For some weird reason people seem to think it make that legend more of a "real artist" or something like that. Just look at Amy Winehouse, she's considered a legend but if she hasn't been so self-destructive she would not be considered one. I just don't understand this mentality.

I'm sure she's grateful for Detroit helping to make her the person she is today, but I don't know why anyone feels she owes the city anything just because that's where she was born and raised.

As I said, it's obvious that that city she had the most admiration for and keeps coming back to is New York. No matter what has happened in her career and personal life, that's the city she always goes back to and considers "home." I'm sure she loves many things about Detroit, but it doesn't feel like "home" to her anymore and hasn't in decades.

If Madonna started talking fondly of Detroit they would say that she left when she was 17 and does not know what she's talking about. No matter what they always can spin what she says the way they want to see it.

We don't know what she did or does for Detroit.

As for Kid Rock, he's just a white trash redneck with a 5 minute career and horrible political views. His view on anything is as important, relevant or of interest as the view of the writers of the Macarena.

As someone who has lived in Michigan my entire life, I've never once expected Madonna to "do" anything for Detroit. She grew up here but she doesn't owe anyone anything. It's simply her hometown, nothing more.

Kid Rock and Eminem are very involved / present with Detroit but that's their choice and doesn't make them any better than her. A ton of music acts come from Detroit - all the Motown artists, Aretha, Stevie, Smokey, Diana - plus other like White Stripes, Iggy Pop, Bob Seger ... and I don't expect anything from any of them above and beyond music they make.

If Madonna started talking fondly of Detroit they would say that she left when she was 17 and does not know what she's talking about. No matter what they always can spin what she says the way they want to see it.

We don't know what she did or does for Detroit.

As for Kid Rock, he's just a white trash redneck with a 5 minute career and horrible political views. His view on anything is as important, relevant or of interest as the view of the writers of the Macarena.

I actually disagree with this. You don't have to be a 'big man' to have an opinion. If he wants to charge less for his shows than let him. There's no point in getting into the details about it. Madonna's tour costs more. Madonna's security costs more. Blah blah blah. Just because I think kid rock makes nothing of interest to me I'm not gonna rubbish his opinion. No need.

I actually disagree with this. You don't have to be a 'big man' to have an opinion. If he wants to charge less for his shows than let him. There's no point in getting into the details about it. Madonna's tour costs more. Madonna's security costs more. Blah blah blah. Just because I think kid rock makes nothing of interest to me I'm not gonna rubbish his opinion. No need

The point is not his opinion per se though but the biased and transparent way he expressed it in.

If he wants to charge $20 for a concert ticket and hand out a free beer with it, fine. It's his prerogative for sure just like it's Madonna's prerogative to put on expensive elaborate productions and ask for a price that reflects that both in terms of production costs and the fact that she's been doing this for 30 years when she could sit at home and knit rather than putting herself on the road for 7 consecutive months in her mid 50s

He goes on a local tv station and gets his ass kissed for the things he suppsedly did for Detroit and when the interviewer points out that the Detroit area gave us among other top names artist Madonna, he obviously has to talk smack just about her because she's the most successfull and still currently in activity of that list

Rather transparent

HOST I just want t thank you for everything that you do for Detroit, when you think about our city and the musicians, you know, Eminem and Kid Rock and Madonna, Bob Seger and Ted Nugent and Motown and other artists, I mean what is it about the city that creates this environment of so many musicians?

KID ROCK I was gonna yell Madonna ain't done nothing for Detroit

HOST Don't count her out (laughs)

KID ROCK But whatever .... I just picture my mum sitting in front of the TV saying Bobby (real name Robert Ritchie) you don't need to blow someone's candle in order for yours to glow brighter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2FqNOudF88

Plus his weak argument about Madonna's geographical roots is as valid and compelling as certain people's argument about the fact that she didn't adopt her kids from the US or the UK.

Madonna throughout her career and all over the world has handed out more money to AIDS and humanitarian charities in general than he has probably earned in the last 5 years and not just handed out money but being actually involved on a personal level of commitment

Why is it that Madonna doesn't go on TV and talks about Kid Rock or other people in general to make herself look good?

That's the real question