NME: 500 Greatest Albums of All Time

HolidayGuy

Yet another list. :)

Anyone seen this yet? Madge doesn't have an album ranked in the 376-500 region (as you can see online). No. 1 is The Queen is Dead.

If she doesn't have at least one album on the list, I'll move the topic to Gen. Music Forum.

Agree maybe ROL or LAP, but most likely nothing else. I sometimes read NME, so I'm just curious to see if they would include any albums by M.

At the same time, one should like any music one enjoys without caring what the mainstream audiences, and the music critics say!

Agree maybe ROL or LAP, but most likely nothing else. I sometimes read NME, so I'm just curious to see if they would include any albums by M.

At the same time, one should like any music one enjoys without caring what the mainstream audiences, and the music critics say!

Totally agree :thumbsup:

Yet another list. :)

Anyone seen this yet? Madge doesn't have an album ranked in the 376-500 region (as you can see online). No. 1 is The Queen is Dead.

If she doesn't have at least one album on the list, I'll move the topic to Gen. Music Forum.

Oh my god sometimes NME is like a parody of a group of pretentious losers. The Queen Is Dead is, truly a great and important album, with some really amazing tracks, but some of them are flat and frankly, lame, and others fall short. It doesn't have anything near the strength, as an album, as some other efforts. My personal vote always goes to Rumours, but eh that's just me.

the smiths, "the queen is dead", is one of my personnal fav of all time, just because "I Know it's over" is in, so I'm fine with that. & Madonna/Madonna, is, for me, her best work so I guess I'm a pretentious journalist ;)

*BTW never listen "I know it's over" depressed :scared:

At least she has one album on the list.

I generally loathe those lists because they're generally SO PRETENTIOUS. The top 20 is almost always the same, it's always the same albums/artists (always from men: Beatles, MJ, Elvis,...) who are praised to death again and again. It's as original as Gaga's career.

These lists are useless and random and I am not saying that because Madonna is usually criminally underrated. These pretentious magazines always act as if rock music is somehow superior to electronic music which is why you would never see a groundbreaking Björk album like Homogenic near the top but instead they include 4 Beatles albums in the top 10. We get it, they were influental and did some pretty good pop music but come on...

These lists are useless and random and I am not saying that because Madonna is usually criminally underrated. These pretentious magazines always act as if rock music is somehow superior to electronic music which is why you would never see a groundbreaking Björk album like Homogenic near the top but instead they include 4 Beatles albums in the top 10. We get it, they were influental and did some pretty good pop music but come on...

so true!

when will this list be complete?

Really?

http://www.slantmagazine.com/features/article/best-albums-of-the-1990s/P10

Yes, really. What's your point with this link, that there is one magazine which placed her albums at the top? I took Björk as an example, could have also been any other influential electronic artist. Furthermore, NME listed Homogenic at 470 or something like that, which is totally ridiculous.

Like 'omg we are so cool and hip, let's fill the top 10 best tracks of the last decade with acts such as Arctic Monkeys, Arcade Fire, Klaxons, Blur and other alternative shit but put Beyonce on top with Crazy in Love to have this little funny twist'.

http://www.nme.com/list/100-best-tracks-of-the-00s/269740/page/10

Sick of it. Yes, Crazy in Love is good but it's silly to crown it the best track of the 00's. Same with Britney's Toxic at #14. It's so hip for these alternative magazines to list it very high, yet they completely ignore songs like Madonna's Music, Frozen, Ray Of Light or Don't Tell Me.

Yes, really. What's your point with this link, that there is one magazine which placed her albums at the top? I took Björk as an example, could have also been any other influential electronic artist. Furthermore, NME listed Homogenic at 470 or something like that, which is totally ridiculous.

Like 'omg we are so cool and hip, let's fill the top 10 best tracks of the last decade with acts such as Arctic Monkeys, Arcade Fire, Klaxons, Blur and other alternative shit but put Beyonce on top with Crazy in Love to have this little funny twist'.

http://www.nme.com/list/100-best-tracks-of-the-00s/269740/page/10

Sick of it. Yes, Crazy in Love is good but it's silly to crown it the best track of the 00's. Same with Britney's Toxic at #14. It's so hip for these alternative magazines to list it very high, yet they completely ignore songs like Madonna's Music, Frozen, Ray Of Light or Don't Tell Me.

My point with this link is that you used the word "always" and "never." So, no, not "really." :)

didn't rolling stone put madonna #2nd right after patti smith as the best female artist?

and good on slant for putting erotica so high. so underrated but at least they seem to know how good it is. that's great.

beyonce is so overrated.. i like her shows but the music is just average. it must be jay z or something. they always add her randomly on those lists.

I decided to listen to one of these lists starting with 100 and honestly couldn't get through the first song. Thought the rest of the album must be better. Listened to the second. Skip skip. I'm like really???

Not this list. Just wanted to point that out. I don't even know what is 100 on this particular list. Out of 500 the Queen of Pop should have AT LEAST three albums. Madonna's albums were and are influential. More so than most that are usually on these lists.

TOTALLY AGREE. I honestly think The Beatles are very overrated, yeah they were definitively talented, ahead of their time but when you see their albums AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN on top of every "best albums" list, you know that "overrated" is the right word there. There's a lot of artists with better music than The Beatles but they don't get as much recognition because The Beatles were there first.

I'm not a Beatles hater, i like some of their songs but they're not as good as people make them out to be.

TOTALLY AGREE. I honestly think The Beatles are very overrated, yeah they were definitively talented, ahead of their time but when you see their albums AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN on top of every "best albums" list, you know that "overrated" is the right word there. There's a lot of artists with better music than The Beatles but they don't get as much recognition because The Beatles were there first.

I'm not a Beatles hater, i like some of their songs but they're not as good as people make them out to be.

The Beatles have a mystique and magical quality about them much like Madonna.

I totally agree with you.

Is the first album on the list or not?

LAP, E and ROL are Madonna's mastepieces, they deserve to be on the list. The first album is good, but it is not one of the greatest albums of all time or even one of the best Madonna albums.

Female artists are always underrated.

On these charts The Beatles can have 10 albums, but almost every female singer just one.

Is the first album on the list or not?

LAP, E and ROL are Madonna's mastepieces, they deserve to be on the list. The first album is good, but it is not one of the greatest albums of all time or even one of the best Madonna albums.

Female artists are always underrated.

On these charts The Beatles can have 10 albums, but almost every female singer just one.

True. The industry is still very sexist.

The list is complete (and appears in the magazine).

I stated that the first album is not on the list. So, if it isn't LAP, then which other could it possibly be? ROL, of course.

What a surprise...