There's only so much you can learn in one place

karbatal

Love that line from Jump. It give you the hint and then the song takes to its journey.

There's only so much you can learn in one place...

... the more that i wait, the more time that I waste

Love it because it's the truth: sometimes we are comfortable (psichologically) in a place and we don't go to another uncomfortable one but far better where we can grow.

wonderful! Pity that the single version and video doesn't include that line in the beginning

"Jump", "Sorry" and "Push" are definitely my three top favs from the Confessions album. They were so crazy for waiting so long to release this especially when it was tied to a pretty successful film months earlier. It should have definitely become the third single, rather fourth.

I read somewhere that it was supposed to be the 3rd single but GT was outselling Jump in ITunes so they changed it. I don't recall reading that here in this forum at the time, i read that in Wikipedia, is it true?

Anyway, as much as I love Sorry, there's something about Sorry that sounds dated to me, i would have prefered Jump as second single with a bit stronger production and a great album. Jump was the first song that sounded like 80s Madonna since Erotica.

I read somewhere that it was supposed to be the 3rd single but GT was outselling Jump in ITunes so they changed it. I don't recall reading that here in this forum at the time, i read that in Wikipedia, is it true?

Anyway, as much as I love Sorry, there's something about Sorry that sounds dated to me, i would have prefered Jump as second single with a bit stronger production and a great album. Jump was the first song that sounded like 80s Madonna since Erotica.

I kinda felt the whole album including "Sorry" was going for an early 80's sound.

One of the best songs on COADF. Great message. I wish the video was better.

The Confessions Tour performance was good.

I thought it was great. It was a pretty simplistic song to start with, so the video makes sense. I think she looks fantastic in the video.

One of her best songs ever. I totally love it. Karba, I know what u are talking about. There is a great message in the song, its her 00 empowering anthem...

The confessions tour version exceeds the studio version. I love when the music breaks and she keeps repeating "I can make it alone" brilliant!

I love the extended ending, too. The maxi single has an "Extended Album Version" by Stuart on it that is similar to the live arrangement.

Guest Not4Pussies

i love the song and her look in the video. i just wish her scenes were shot outdoors on the rooftop of a building in tokyo,

Oh yeah! It's a great line.

I also love, "I'm not afraid of what I'll face, but I'm afraid to stay". That song was my saving grace during my divorce - it came out at just the right time.

Great fun song, but agree that the video could have been better in many ways. I tend to skip the video while watching the Celebration DVD even though I want to like it more.

P.S. While watching Jump live in person-- I thought the track sounded great and looked very cool.

COAD is her last truly iconic era. Its true. I love her later work on HC and MDNA but COAD is on a level of excellence only on par with her all time high in the 80s and late 90s. COAD is the definition of the 00s.

8 years already and i so miss that time :cries: love her :confessions:

Webogirl it helped me a lot this past year when i was a bit down. There's this message that Madonna delivers all the time:

- If you fall, you get up again and you try, because you can and nobody can stop you

- You have to move to learn, don't be comfortably hidden in the shadows

- At the very end, love is what saves us and what we should pursuit: love for ourselves and those people we love (family, friends, lover).

- Don't be ashamed of who you are or what you like.

That's why that Secret Project is nothing new, she's been having her own revolution for years.

If that's true (I don't remember hearing anything about that, either), then it's almost certainly because GT was the first track on the album after "Hung Up".