The Secret Video

Chuck82

I think HN and BS helped the people to think she wasn´t obsessed with cahrt success.I mean, there were songs on the álbum that were obvious top tens in the US, and instead she released these two songs...HN lacks of something for me, it´s very repetitive

I remember posters in record stores around the time when TAKE A BOW became a hit and on the poster it read:

Incl. The Hits - Secret, Take a bow, Human Nature and Dont Stop.

I also remember articles ina Dutch magazine that Dont Stop was planned after Human Nature.

I remember posters in record stores around the time when TAKE A BOW became a hit and on the poster it read:

Incl. The Hits - Secret, Take a bow, Human Nature and Dont Stop.

I also remember articles ina Dutch magazine that Dont Stop was planned after Human Nature.

I know it received a bit of airplay, but I have never seen a single promotional advert that mentioned "Don't Stop". Would love to though!

R-77802-1179165937.jpeg.jpg

R-77802-1179165953.jpeg.jpg

Got this picture disc. I've always liked UpDown Suite. The horn is warm & divine. I finally got rid of my mp3 file a few months ago that I recorded from the record that was all scratchy and quiet bc picture discs interfere w/ sound quality and got me a nice clean version from the net. I record DJ megamixes of M for myself to listen to in the car. UpDown is already slated for the next mix! Yep, I still listen to it.

The Secret video? Eh, it's okay. The only part I really like is when she's walking down the street w/ the black coat on and the scene of some transvestite in the hallway stroking her hair (not sure why, she was just graceful). In the remix video M was walking down the street faster to keep up w/ the beat lol

I do love Secret though. The remixes, her look. Everything was on-point; I certainly by no means hate the video, I just much prefer Bedtime Story and Human Nature. Great era!

The album with the best videos after ROL. Strangely, I listened alot to this album lately although I never thought its anywhere near her best. But Sanctuary was on repeat non stop. What a gem!!! I also love most of the album, but I really detest Dont Stop and I d Rather bE Your Lover. But Survival, LTTWM and others really make up for it.

Sometimes I think I'm the only person on planet Earth who likes Don't Stop. Back in the day I was hoping it would be a single. I see now I'd have no career as a major label exec choosing these things.

The album with the best videos after ROL. Strangely, I listened alot to this album lately although I never thought its anywhere near her best. But Sanctuary was on repeat non stop. What a gem!!! I also love most of the album, but I really detest Dont Stop and I d Rather bE Your Lover. But Survival, LTTWM and others really make up for it.

I know! If i had to rate the albums, BS would be down under, because other albums are so great. But it's weird because this album can be played lots even now, 20 years later! And it's maybe the Madonna album that i play the most.

Regarding the singles from this album...

I think "Inside Of Me" and "Forbidden Love" would have been excellent singles.Or maybe,one or the other.Those are two excellent songs.

Sometimes I think I'm the only person on planet Earth who likes Don't Stop. Back in the day I was hoping it would be a single. I see now I'd have no career as a major label exec choosing these things.

I love it!

Sing la di da di.

Keep movin'. Keep groovin'. If Madonna would have toured with this album her fans would love it more...

I've never been a big fan of "Secret". It's listenable within the context of its parent album, but as a stand-alone track, it's quite bland, like an undercooked muffin or something.

But the VIDEO is something else; it's cool.

And I love the DWT performance.