Taylor Swift denies Madonna comparisons: 'I write songs in my bedroom'

Camacho

Taylor Swift denies Madonna comparisons: 'I write songs in my bedroom'

Published Tuesday, Oct 15 2013, 11:52am EDT | By Lewis Corner

music-taylor-swift-cmt-awards-2013-perfoscreen-shot-2013-09-04-at-140433.jpg

Swift was asked if she thinks of herself as being as big as Madonna, ahead of becoming the first solo female artist to play a stadium tour in Australia later this year since the 'Material Girl' performer did 20 years ago.

"I would never see myself that way," Swift told The AP. "I see myself as kind of this girl who writes songs in her bedroom.

"You can kind of dress it up all you want and you can put together an amazing theatrical production, you can become a better performer as time goes by, and you can try to excite people, but I'm always going to be a girl who writes songs in her bedroom in my own personal perception of myself.

"And I think it's important that I don't necessarily think too hard about what everybody else's perception of me is or else I'd just get completely lost in it. It's just easier to think of myself that way."

Swift will play the shows as part of her Red world tour, which will come to the UK in 2014.

Swift is big in Australia? Wtf?

And why isn't Pink playing stadiums since she is so massive there?

Also I didn't know up until this point Madonna has been the only solo female stadium act there.

I don't get Taylor Swift. Her music is bland and I find that "we are nevereverever getting back together" adolescent and annoying. When I was a teen I looked up to women. I didn't want them to act like me. I wanted to grow up to be more like them.

Fuck Taylor. Most of what is presented by the media and industry regarding this girl is fucking PR bullshit. And from what I hear, she helps craft a lot of it herself.

She doesn't actually date half the boys she's been with.

And she's just as much of a "pop star" has the other pop bitches are. In fact, have you seen her show? It's as "theatrical" as the rest are.

Far too many have bought into her "America's sweetheart" act. And it's just that...an 'act'.

And let's not get started on the image she puts out. It's so the antithesis of Madonna...or any strong, independent woman.
It's that of a whiny, clingy, naive beard...ahem, i mean brat.

And just because she writes songs on a guitar in her bedroom...I'm supposed to be impressed?

Fuck that shit.

Fuck Taylor. Most of what is presented by the media and industry regarding this girl is fucking PR bullshit. And from what I hear, she helps craft a lot of it herself.

And she's just as much of a "pop star" has the other pop bitches are. In fact, have you seen her show? It's as "theatrical" as the rest are.

Far too many have bought into her "America's sweetheart" act. And it's just that...an 'act'.

And let's not get started on the image she puts out. It's so the antithesis of Madonna...or any strong, independent woman.

And just because she writes songs on a guitar in her bedroom...I'm supposed to be impressed?

Fuck that shit.

Yes Taylor is very fake. She pretends to be America's sweetheart but is more than happy to humiliate any bloke she may have had a 1 month relationship with in song. Plus her lyrics are that of a 15 year old hell bent on revenge. . I also doubt that these guys are all ex-boyfriends as well - clever PR but not quite sure what is in it for Taylor. Also for a girl who says she just writes songs in her bedroom, she certainly craves the attention - just watch her demeanour at any awards show !

Yes Taylor is very fake. She pretends to be America's sweetheart but is more than happy to humiliate any bloke she may have had a 1 month relationship with in song. Plus her lyrics are that of a 15 year old hell bent on revenge. . I also doubt that these guys are all ex-boyfriends as well - clever PR but not quite sure what is in it for Taylor. Also for a girl who says she just writes songs in her bedroom, she certainly craves the attention - just watch her demeanour at any awards show !

What's in it for her? She is forever the damsel in distress. The one that was done wrong by the big, bad boys. She is forever the victim.

We often talk about Gaga being a victim...please, Taylor is THE example of the forever "victim".

What is vile about that is that she is anything but...she crafts this shit along with her PR team. The boys she "dates" (from what I hear) often don't really have a choice, and really want nothing to do with her. They get a "cover"...she gets to be the "innocent" one, and then she drags their names through the mud writing songs about them "in her bedroom", and alluding to them in her award speeches as they actually sit in the room with the camera on their faces.....

transparent as fuck.

What's in it for her? She is forever the damsel in distress. The one that was done wrong by the big, bad boys. She is forever the victim.

We often talk about Gaga being a victim...please, Taylor is THE example of the forever "victim".

What is vile about that is that she is anything but...she crafts this shit along with her PR team. The boys she "dates" (from what I hear) often don't really have a choice, and really want nothing to do with her. They get a "cover"...she gets to be the "innocent" one, and then she drags their names through the mud writing songs about them "in her bedroom", and alluding to them in her award speeches as they actually sit in the room with the camera on their faces.....

transparent as fuck.

True, she is always playing the poor dumped damsel in distress. It really is so silly though because to me, it makes her look petulant and childish.

At some point she's gonna have to leave that bedroom

I thought she wrote songs in her toilets considering what comes out....

apart from that and what vogue and jazzy said, these sentences are a total (nonsense and untrue) diss at madonna...

^ Has the music industry blocked anyone new from becoming the new music stars? I mean seriously when are some different artists going to come along? Taylor with the same music over and over should just be a fad but its like they have a money maker and they are going to keep that music going. I feel like there are really only about 5 people in pop music when there used to be so many and there were always new artists.

Fuck that shit.

taylor-swift-selena-gomez-shut-the-fuck-