[Appreciation] The Early '90s Madonna Thread

Mattress

That makes no sense.

Makes no sense...? Maybe if you pulled your head out of your ass you'd see that I was saying the interview clips posted on page 2 above that post were some of my favorite Madonna interviews of all time. I stated it that way so I didn't have to quote each video in my post. How was that hard to figure out?

this video drives me INSANE!

the inserts are so beautiful and so much effort clearly went into them and they are LOST in a sea of crappy effects

I actually really love this video and adore the effects.

rittsw01.jpg

One of her best photo shoots. So inconic with shots featured on a 10million+ selling album, yet somehow it feels underplayed...hidden inside.

THOSE LASHES STILL KILL ME. I thought they were so weird and fantastic when I was young.

02-madonna-immaculate-collection-lashes-

HERB+RITTS+MADONNA.jpeg

The era where she made sexy, mature music with rich instrumentation. MY favourite Madonna. And it helps that I adore the 90s anyway.

MADONNA-Justify-My-Love-Express-Yourself

I was such a record store whore. I still get a high off of vintage formats, even the Cassette Maxi Single. :inlove:

^ I know. :D

And, for those wondering, the over-the-top reporters were always hilarious. :lol:

Seeing this ad for the first time when thumbing through Rolling Stone in 1990 was akin to seeing god herself:

$(KGrHqZHJE8FJFws1cPcBS(DhkK88g~~60_3.JP

One of her best photo shoots. So inconic with shots featured on a 10million+ selling album, yet somehow it feels underplayed...hidden inside.

THOSE LASHES STILL KILL ME. I thought they were so weird and fantastic when I was young.

02-madonna-immaculate-collection-lashes-

HERB+RITTS+MADONNA.jpeg

I'm LOVE LOVE LOVE this photoshot! So bad ass! :dramatic:

No one has mentioned The Girlie Show sadly.

Anyone got pics to post?

Would love to hear anyone's thoughts on that tour.

Hell let's get Blond Ambition a mention too. Anyone got any great pics to share?

Madonna and Alek were so great together.

Beyond Truth Or Dare, "Playground" and "I'll Remember", they assembled two of the greatest things Madonna ever committed to film:

A segment for MTV's 10th Anniversary special:

...and a segment for the 1992 Rock The Vote special:

I wasnt a fan then. I was too young. I envy fans who lived throught this era.

I envy myself. You never fully appreciate something until it's gone. As far as I'm concerned, this era is the reason Madonna is important. It's the reason I will always love her.

I wish Sex had a tenth of the calibre of those photos.

I agree. Sex was interesting, but not very good. The other Meisel photoshoots were much better.

I find Bedtime Stories' era one of her most interesting periods. I feel that there was an aura of mystery around her.

1994roversi001d.jpg

tumblr_lxikjeyAOc1qzoaqio1_r1_500.jpg

MadonnaBedtimeStory2_article_story_main.

Madonna+1994+demarchelier+II+8.jpg

It's true. Following the Sex era, with the media and public going in on her, she was so vulnerable, which made her so fascinating to me. Some of my favorite interviews are from the BS period. She was clearly wounded, a little spooked by the thought of losing her success, but also really defiant and angry.

I been looking for the unedited version of the interview she gave Kurt Loder to promote TOD. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

It's on Pud's site, unedited and in color:

http://madonnascrapbook.blogspot.com/2010/07/dinner-with-madonna-complete.html