Madge Fans, Please Tell Me Why You Guys Dislike.....

StrawberryBounce12

"Take A Bow"?!!!!

I Remember when I first came on this board I was surprised to learn that "Take A Bow" didn't seem to be very popular with Madonna fans. I noticed it was one of her least liked songs on another Madonna board as well.

This broke my heart into a million little pieces :dramatic:

I'm a "Take A Bow" FANATIC. It's my favorite Madonna song and video EVER which is saying a lot because I love like 99% of her music. I truly adore the song and video.

Is it because Babyface wrote it and it has maybe a bit of an r&b flavor and you guys dislike that? I just don't get it.

How can ANYONE not love "Take A Bow"?

tumblr_m54i9d5EJX1rs30xzo1_500.gif

This is f*cking perfection right here.

The beautiful melody :dramatic:

The lyrics :dramatic:

Madonna's voice on the track....just lovely. :dramatic:

Madonna's beauty, sexiness and vulnerability in the video :dramatic:

Absolutely hands down one of the most stunning videos ever :dramatic:

I'm sorry I just think EVERYTHING about "Take A Bow" is amazing.

Please tell me what's not to like!

Guest Rachelle of London

Take a Bow is one of the most beautiful songs ever written, sung, executed...it is life!!!!

Fans that dont like it have no soul! #fact

Take a Bow is one of the most beautiful songs ever written, sung, executed...it is life!!!!

Fans that dont like it have no soul! #fact

FACT!!!!!!!!

TAB is everything. I listen to it almost everyday.

What's funny is that the song doesn't seem to be rated amongst M's best in terms of fave songs among her fans but I know a lot of non-fans who love it. I guess that's always the case though. Fans and non-fans or casual listeners of an artist often differ in that respect.

Will Madonna ever sing this song live again I wonder? Maybe for her next tour! I hope so.

I don't get the dislike for this song at all, unless it was simply due to overexposure. I mean, I think it was played every 10 minutes on the radio back in early 1995 :lol:

But add me to the group that adores this song and video. It doesn't get much more perfect than this.

Guest Rachelle of London

FACT!!!!!!!!

TAB is everything. I listen to it almost everyday.

What's funny is that the song doesn't seem to be rated amongst M's best in terms of fave songs among her fans but I know a lot of non-fans who love it. I guess that's always the case though. Fans and non-fans or casual listeners of an artist often differ in that respect.

Will Madonna ever sing this song live again I wonder? Maybe for her next tour! I hope so.

Every bloody single non Madonna fan I know LOVES this song!!!! It is the creme de la creme! It is amazing and that video. Bloody hell, only Madonna could make a needle prick look sexy!

It would have been better with another producer. Reminds me of Diane Warren's song for Celine.

The lyrics, though, are maybe one of the best Madonna has sung, they are so well written, the storyline, the imaginery. "But how was I to know which way the story goes... how was i to know you'd break.... you'd break my heart".

I love the video, but not the song. It's not one my favorites, and it's quite boring actually.

I agree with you.

Video is AMAZING.

But the song is so cheesy, remembers me a Disney song a la Beauty & the Beast.

soulless fan! #FACT

Take A Bow has Babyface's r'n'b vibe on it, but it still sounds as Madonna in comparison to Devil Wouldn't Recognize You which doesn't sound as Madonna at all. Great lyrics, but it is about Timbaland and Justin.

Edited by mangapop

Take a bow was perfect! So is all of their other collaborations :") she sounds so beautiful. This was one of the first songs I've ever heard by madonna as well. It's very special to me

Wasnt there an interview baby face did about their collabs?

Guest Rachelle of London

Take A Bow has Babyface's r'n'b vibe on it, but it still sounds as Madonna in comparison to Devil Wouldn't Recognize You which doesn't sound as Madonna at all. Great lyrics, but it is about Timbaland and Justin.

Are you related to Fighting Spirit?

So how the fuck does Take a Bow sound like Madonna when it's CLEARLY got Babyface's stamp all over it? What's the difference? Please explain this to me because right now all I can see is pure imagination. Also, the wording of this thread title is rather telling...don't you think? My god, you people are hilarious. The non fan fans I mean.

I really dislike Babyface's backing vocals. I prefer the demo version that doesn't feature them but it's one of my least favourite singles. I love the video but Love Tried To Welcome Me and Inside of Me are much better tracks and certainly the former could have been a single in the UK.

So how the fuck does Take a Bow sound like Madonna when it's CLEARLY got Babyface's stamp all over it? What's the difference? Please explain this to me because right now all I can see is pure imagination. Also, the wording of this thread title is rather telling...don't you think? My god, you people are hilarious. The non fan fans I mean.

Aren't several Madonna songs drenched with the sound of the collaborator she works with?

I really dislike Babyface's backing vocals. I prefer the demo version that doesn't feature them but it's one of my least favourite singles. I love the video but Love Tried To Welcome Me and Inside of Me are much better tracks and certainly the former could have been a single in the UK.

What???? He makes the song better! They sound so beautiful together, he's such a phenomenal singer

Guest Rachelle of London

I'm actually not the best fan of Babyface but I think he adds that extra oomph on TAB! And he saves the live performances of the song imo. Madonna obvs enjoyed working with him cos she was gonna work with him for ROL.

I'm actually not the best fan of Babyface but I think he adds that extra oomph on TAB! And he saves the live performances of the song imo. Madonna obvs enjoyed working with him cos she was gonna work with him for ROL.

He gave her one of her biggest hits of the decade. Of course she was going to give him a try again.

He definitely kept her on track for the live performance, yes!