Patrick Leonard Speaks ..and he misses Madonna!

Alessandro

There you go, denouncing madonna once again! Those whole two paragraphs really just mean nothing to me because you stil feel the need to compare madonna to artist who aren't in the same realm as her! Dolly Parton? Really? Madonna is a pop artist, who cares if she didn't write over 3,000 songs on her own! Damn right she could be compared to those songwriters, it doesn't matter if she has sole credit or not! We all know she wrote the songs and she's written songs just as good!

Don't know why Dolly is being sold. She's an inductee into the songwriter's hall of fame. Everyone knows she's fabulous. I didn't know Dolly did "Love is Like A Butterfly." That song is so cute. Others inducted might have also been inducted based on the success of the songs they wrote.

If I praise another songwriter in the songwriter's hall of fame that doesn't take away anything from Dolly. Madonna it seems cannot receive praise without having to apologise for it. Dolly has her voice and Madonna has hers. Dolly is inducted because of her work. Madonna I hope will be because of hers. One has nothing to do with the other.

There you go, denouncing madonna once again! Those whole two paragraphs really just mean nothing to me because you stil feel the need to compare madonna to artist who aren't in the same realm as her! Dolly Parton? Really? Madonna is a pop artist, who cares if she didn't write over 3,000 songs on her own! Damn right she could be compared to those songwriters, it doesn't matter if she has sole credit or not! We all know she wrote the songs and she's written songs just as good!

LOL..denouncing? Okay. Where is your dictionary hun? Just because you don't agree with what I say does not mean I am denouncing anyone. Read again and specifically highlight where I denounced her in anyway? I compared her to another female songwriter who is an inductee, the Hall does not recognize various genres.

Madonna has much creative input, has an ear for amazing pop hooks and melody, and knows her shit, but does this constitute Songwriter Hall of Fame recognition? Maybe for some it does, but I find the suggestion to generalize the likes of Dylan or Cohen who are true, blue songwriters....everything comes from them. Perhaps you, drunkbysix, have a different definition of songwriting. People who can go into a room, solo, with just themselves and an instrument and return with a completed piece are songwriters in my book. They need no one else. Perhaps my definition differs from others, even from the Songwriters Hall of Fame's.

Put Cohen or Dylan on a stage and ask them to deliver the theatrical masterpieces that Madonna so easily delivers...it won't happen. Different artists, different talents. Madonna doesn't have to be Hall of Fame for everything she does.

I am not degrading or minimizing Madonna's talent in anyway, shape or form, quite the contrary if you actually read what I wrote previously. I am simply saying that I do not feel that songwriting is her greatest or strongest creative talent, therefore, I think the space should be reserved for someone who solely writes. Again, my opinion. Does she belong in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, you bet your sweet ass she does, and anyone who disagrees is merely a hater, plain and simple.

I think Dolly is fantastic, & I love a good country music singer.

But Madonna has a completely different sensibility, like she said

herself: I do simple really well. But that's also a hard thing 2 do,

when u try. Her pop DNA 2 me is a slice of genius. Underestimated

& incredibly versatile.

Dolly could never do 'And you can dance for inspiration...'

So Elton John is not a TRUE songwriter? Lennon and McCartney didn't become true songwriters until the late sixties? And even then sorry the music was a major collaboration between several men including their producer.

If Madonna is able to come up with a melody in her head I call that a gift and I think her peers who nominated her would agree.

Don't know why Dolly is being sold. She's an inductee into the songwriter's hall of fame. Everyone knows she's fabulous. I didn't know Dolly did "Love is Like A Butterfly." That song is so cute. Others inducted might have also been inducted based on the success of the songs they wrote.

If I praise another songwriter in the songwriter's hall of fame that doesn't take away anything from Dolly. Madonna it seems cannot receive praise without having to apologise for it. Dolly has her voice and Madonna has hers. Dolly is inducted because of her work. Madonna I hope will be because of hers. One has nothing to do with the other.

THIS.

Parton certainly has the quality to back up the quantity. To suggest otherwise is ignorance:

You do need to be careful with statements like this, since you tried to claim that Madonna didn't have a single solo writer's credit to her name.

Ultimately, the melody and lyrics of a song are what stick in people's minds. Madonna likes collaborating with others, rather than taking responsibility for everything herself. When someone sings a Madonna song, chances are, they're singing the parts that Madonna actually wrote herself.

Someone earlier mentioned Elton John - he writes amazing melodies, but he can't write lyrics. That doesn't mean that he's not a songwriter - a song doesn't exist without the lyrics and vice versa.

^ I totally consider Elton John a songwriter and others I mentioned. I don't question them. No one does, that's the point I was making.

I know - I was supporting your point :)