Yeah! We can do anything!

runa

the demo is HORRIBLE I have never heard it before, its awful, like some dreadful eurovision ballad that you would hear in an ELEVATOR :lmao:

:rotfl: The feeling I get is that I'm going for a facial and the therapist is a 38 year old hippy woman with very soft hands. Then I start to feel like I'm sat around a campfire with other peace lovers strumming our guitars. The final mix destroys!

I think its probably her best song. Mature sound, strong vocals, amazing message and one of her best videos. Just watching the video and listening to the song you can not help but feel she was at her most honest, but also you can feel her strength. When the single came out I thought she was at her peak creatively...

I wish you were saying this about Love Profusion.

Nice song. But I hate the way the second chorus has the music pulled from under it. I can't bear the final spoken line "this is my religion". The CT version is naff and karaoke-like.

Nice song. But I hate the way the second chorus has the music pulled from under it. I can't bear the final spoken line "this is my religion". The CT version is naff and karaoke-like.

Why do you hate the last spoken line?!!!! It's one of the best bits!!!!!!!

If CT is karaoke-like, give me karaoke anytime, baby.

I wish you were saying this about Love Profusion.

As much as I like American Life, the album, I think Love Profusion is a filler and can't be compared to Drowned World.

Love Profusion is no filler, it's effortlessly perfect Madonna pop music and sounds great played loud on good speakers.

The DW/SFL demo is dreadful, I can't stand it but the final version is truly one of her best songs and artistic statements. It should never have been a single as it's one of the most experimental and least commercial thIngs she has ever recorded much like Human Nature or Bedtime Story in that they are great album tracks and career defining songs but should never have been released as singles. At least they gave us three of her most iconic videos.

I hope that made sense

As much as I like American Life, the album, I think Love Profusion is a filler and can't be compared to Drowned World.

Everyone has a right to their own opinions but no one has the right to their own facts.

Love Profusion is no filler, it's effortlessly perfect Madonna pop music and sounds great played loud on good speakers.

The DW/SFL demo is dreadful, I can't stand it but the final version is truly one of her best songs and artistic statements. It should never have been a single as it's one of the most experimental and least commercial thIngs she has ever recorded much like Human Nature or Bedtime Story in that they are great album tracks and career defining songs but should never have been released as singles. At least they gave us three of her most iconic videos.

I hope that made sense

It was a brilliant single I thought, if not hugely commercial. So what? Great song, great video. Simple.

Love Profusion should be performed live. An acoustic version (guitar or piano), slightly reinvented, would be nice.

I like the positivity of the song and it is very emotional.

Very emotional. One of the most genius moments in Madonna's artistry.

I love the, "Yeah! We can do anything!" line, plus a really nice version of that song. Such a positive atmosphere at those concerts. I think that was the end of an era really. Once she pressed ahead with the adoption, it was mostly (unfair) bad publicity from then on.