Yeah! We can do anything!

runa

I remember, when ROL came out, I was not fond of Drowned World/Substitute for love. It took me 1-2 years to discover how this song is just beyond amazing. This is a pure gem. Lyrics, melody, voice, perfection.

And I think her rendition in Confession Tours is awesome. She's flawless.

Give some love to DWSFL ! :inlove:

I knew this was a SFL reference BUT I thought it had something more to do with Art for Freedom. :lol:

Anyway, this song is one of the best things she's ever come out with. The video. The performances. Everything. The fact that it opens Ray of Light.

The first time I heard this song was one of those moments that as a Madonna fan stand out. I was blown away on first listen. I had been wanting Madonna to see fame for what it is and what it's not especially after the backlash she went through and I thought this is how you come out of it. I think now there's still a part of Madonna that clings to fame but she is more aware of it now and it doesn't control her every move. It takes a backseat to her children now who accept her for her. I feel that is what the ending of the video shows.

I remember, when ROL came out, I was not fond of Drowned World/Substitute for love. It took me 1-2 years to discover how this song is just beyond amazing. This is a pure gem. Lyrics, melody, voice, perfection.

And I think her rendition in Confession Tours is awesome. She's flawless.

Give some love to DWSFL ! :inlove:

:clap:

PERFECT album opener

GORGEOUS production

FLAWLESS lyrics

BEAUTIFUL vocals

It's a masterpiece, really. I love the subdued intro, the mellow beat, the changeover from electronic to accoustic guitar at the second chorus, and of course the bridge is just spectacular. And the way it all winds down to that soothing, heartfelt ending. :dramatic:

Bravo, Madonna! :clap:

I think its probably her best song. Mature sound, strong vocals, amazing message and one of her best videos. Just watching the video and listening to the song you can not help but feel she was at her most honest, but also you can feel her strength. When the single came out I thought she was at her peak creatively...

I think its probably her best song. Mature sound, strong vocals, amazing message and one of her best videos. Just watching the video and listening to the song you can not help but feel she was at her most honest, but also you can feel her strength. When the single came out I thought she was at her peak creatively...

Funny people complained it wasnt very good when released..