Madonna, Davies up for Songwriters Hall of Fame- UPDATE- M Not Inducted This Year

lasky

People aren't terrified of it. She was labelled the untalented version of Cyndi Lauper from day one and the Average Joe since then has always seen her as such.

Ulizos, have to disagree with you on this one although I do understand exactly what you are saying

I think the average everyday person who is not a fan of Madonna seem to often believe in the garbage that the press feeds them. However, from what I have personally seen, I usually find they like her music to some degree and sort of admire her. They just have these dreadful judgments on what kind of person she is. The comparison with Cyndi Lauper really proves things the other way and I actually also like Cyndi a lot.

I remember the quote and article about Cyndi being around for years and people not knowing who Madonna would be in a few months time. It is now used as an example of how wrong those critics were. Only a year ago, the press were doing everything they could to convince people that Gaga was more talented but now only fanatical delusional little monsters believe that. Madonna always manages to prove them wrong and the haters have to deal with that.

Guest gang bang

People aren't terrified of it. She was labelled the untalented version of Cyndi Lauper from day one and the Average Joe since then has always seen her as such.

Madonna is a Rock and roll hall of fame member in UK .and US , she is consider a great artist .yes haters always will think that she is not talented because , she is not a great Singer ,, but in general ,critics and people in the world consider Magde a talented woman ..above of a lot of female artists..

Madonna is a Rock and roll hall of fame member in UK .and US , she is consider a great artist .yes haters always will think that she is not talented because , she is not a great Singer ,, but in general ,critics and people in the world consider Magde a talented woman ..above of a lot of female artists..

If you keep saying "she is not a great singer" then this doesn't help the cause.

I'm sorry but she IS a great singer. End of. No one has the emotional range that Madonna's voice has, even if technically her voice isn't the most powerful. And male singers with lesser voices don't get the shit she does. Sorry but Dylan, McCartney, and even Springsteen have technically worse voices than her but they are let off by the media.

Guest gang bang

If you keep saying "she is not a great singer" then this doesn't help the cause.

I'm sorry but she IS a great singer. End of. No one has the emotional range that Madonna's voice has, even if technically her voice isn't the most powerful. And male singers with lesser voices don't get the shit she does. Sorry but Dylan, McCartney, and even Springsteen have technically worse voices than her but they are let off by the media.

She is a great artist in general , but not a great Singer , yes she is great interpreter, but she is an average Singer ...but the fact is that haters bash her only because she is not Celine ...ignorants think that voice is the only talent..--

Madonna has a lovely unique voice that sounds like no other. It can't be mistaken. I would feel the songwriters inducted would be the most successful songwriters with their work. Also the ability to write songs for different genres and moods.

She is a great artist in general , but not a great Singer , yes she is great interpreter, but she is an average Singer ...but the fact is that haters bash her only because she is not Celine ...ignorants think that voice is the only talent..--

No she is a great SINGER, because her SINGING voice is the main reason I love her even if technically her voice isn't strong compared to some.

Very few people can sing like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdtNt4zYmGY

Sorry, but Madonna IS a great singer. End of story.

if she's a great singer why does she lipsynch a lot? is britney spears a great singer too?

How about jump your ass for hours on stage every night at 55 and sing your songs 100% live crystal clear CD quality, good luck with that, moron.

Harry Wayne Casey is the "KC" in KC & The Sunshine Band ;) A very popular band during the 70sdisco era.

That's the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it....

&

Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight...

Love it.

Guest Not4Pussies

this award isn't for the best lyricist. it is for overall songwriters.

songwriters that have written great fucking songs. music and lyrics combined.

that alone makes madonna a very deserving inductee.

Let's see:

Like A Prayer

Live To Tell

Express Yourself

Into The Groove

Cherish

Oh Father

Take A Bow

These 7 alone should induct her. And there are a wealth of more avante garde songs in her albums that should please the more pretentious uptight panellists e.g. Mer Girl, Secret Garden, Easy Ride, Promise To Try, Swim, Gone, Sanctuary etc.

Do I have to change me nameWill it get me farShould I lose some weightAm I gonna be a starDon't pretend you're not hungryI've seen it beforeI've got Turkish Delight babyAnd so much moreI keep on waitingAnticipatingBut we're never together

WTF? :lol:

I really hope she wins this. not only she deserves it but it's also the ultimate smack in the face to so many people who think she doesnt write anything herself. and if she wont get inducted this time, i'm sure she'll get in the next or the one after that. especially as it's about overall songwriting, coming up with melodies, etc. but even if it was based on purely the lyrics alone, I also think she really stands out in the pop world (see albums Erotica, ROL, and AL)

if she's a great singer why does she lipsynch a lot? is britney spears a great singer too?

How about jump your ass for hours on stage every night at 55 and sing your songs 100% live crystal clear CD quality, good luck with that, moron.

Looks like we have a new troll :lmao: they're already mad :rotfl:

All the performer nominees. Why would they not list "Live to Tell" over "Everybody" or "Lucky Star"? granted, it notes that the "five songs listed after each nominee are merely a representative sample of their extensive catalogs."

Harry Wayne “K.C.” Casey

Ray Davies

Donovan

Vince Gill

Yusuf Islam p/k/a “Cat Stevens”

Cyndi Lauper

madonna_large-200x150.jpg

Madonna

The best-selling female artist of all time according to the Guinness Book of Records—and cited by Time as one of the “25 Most Powerful Women of the Past Century,” Madonna has had a hand in writing most of her hits since “Everybody,” her first, in 1982. Ever since, the ever controversial artist has also hugely influenced fashion, music video, record production and concert presentation, thanks to her vaunted ability to keep reinventing herself. The multiple-Grammy winning cultural icon was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2008.
Key songs in the Madonna catalog include: * Everybody * Into The Groove * Like A Prayer * Lucky Star * Vogue

John Mellencamp

Jimmy Page & Robert Plant

Nile Rodgers & Bernard Edwards (d)

Sade

Ann Wilson, Nancy Wilson (Heart)

this award isn't for the best lyricist. it is for overall songwriters.

songwriters that have written great fucking songs. music and lyrics combined.

that alone makes madonna a very deserving inductee.

And I think that is what they are going for.....Madonna is always involved, has major creative input on her music and is most definitely the main lyricist, but how often has she fully composed her music all on her own? To be fair, I think the artists that can sit down with an instrument and create the melody and lyrics without collaboration are the most deserving.

And I think that is what they are going for.....Madonna is always involved, has major creative input on her music and is most definitely the main lyricist, but how often has she fully composed her music all on her own? To be fair, I think the artists that can sit down with an instrument and create the melody and lyrics without collaboration are the most deserving.

Madonna is a good guitar player as well. I'm pretty sure she can play a melody from her mind. I remember reading that when she first started working on her solo career with jellybean, she actually knew more about it than he did. she even knew about the terminology of all the technical stuff and he had no idea what it meant. I forgot where I heard about this, I think from a documentary. But to me it came down to M seeing herself as a learner without taking much credit for her capabilities. even orbit and price suggested this several times. She even studied the violin for months for a part in a movie in the early 00s (I guess she decided not to take the part eventually or it got scrapped, idk) and never mentions that. If it were gags you can be assured her fanbase (and gags herself :lmao:) would scream "Gags, professional pianist and violinist" to our faces every day. They say M is a diva and narcissistic but I completely disagree. she deserves way more credit than she gets and than she gives herself.

Madonna is a good guitar player as well. I'm pretty sure she can play a melody from her mind. I remember reading that when she first started working on her solo career with jellybean, she actually knew more about it than he did. she even knew about the terminology of all the technical stuff and he had no idea what it meant. I forgot where I heard about this, I think from a documentary. But to me it came down to M seeing herself as a learner without taking much credit for her capabilities. even orbit and price suggested this several times. She even studied the violin for months for a part in a movie in the early 00s (I guess she decided not to take the part eventually or it got scrapped, idk) and never mentions that. If it were gags you can be assured her fanbase (and gags herself :lmao:) would scream "Gags, professional pianist and violinist" to our faces every day. They say M is a diva and narcissistic but I completely disagree. she deserves way more credit than she gets and than she gives herself.

I could not agree more with this.

She learned the violin for what later became the Meryl Streep film, "Music of the Heart":

Madonna was originally signed to play the role of Roberta Guaspari, but left the project before filming began, citing "creative differences" with Wes Craven. She had already studied for many months to play the violin.

Streep learned to play Bach's Concerto for 2 Violins for the film.

This should sum up much of what we have been discussing (posted in a seperate thread but relevant to this topic):

Does Madonna write her own songs? Yes, and no. She doesn’t write the music, that’s for sure. And now that Ms. Ciccone has been put up for induction in the Songwriters Hall of Fame, I thought it might be interesting to settle the question after all.

Last night I chatted with Patrick Leonard, the great composer of pop hits and sometimes even a ghost writer and ‘enabler’ for rock stars who need help getting their work onto paper. Leonard is a trained musician who can play anything at the drop of a hat. On the phone, from Amsterdam, where he’s working with Leonard Cohen, Patrick played “Like a Prayer” for me in different sections. He wrote the music for that hit, as he did for many of Madonna’s big hits during her top of the chart heyday.

Patrick Leonard wrote the music for, among others: “Like a Prayer,” “Cherish,” “True Blue,” “Live to Tell,” “La Isla Bonita,” “Frozen,” “Hanky Panky,” “Sky Fits Heaven,” “Nothing Really Matters,” “I’ll Remember,” and “Something to Remember.” He was a producer on “Open Your Heart.”

Madonna wrote the lyrics, Leonard says, with him, and helped create the melodies. He considers her a friend and mentor. “She put me on the map,” he says, “I’m grateful.”

“I’m one of those people behind the curtain.” Leonard says. “If she [Madonna] hadn’t sung those songs, no one would have heard them. She’s made it possible for me to do what I’m doing now.”

Their process was simple. He wrote the music, and brought it to Madonna. She would help supply lyrics and offer changes in the music to suit her. “She’d refine it,” he says. “You give her a track, she sings the melody. She’s very very talented.” Of their collaboration, he says, “One doesn’t exist without the other. She always showed up and she was always completely involved. I miss her, actually.”

They haven’t written together since 1997. Would he like to do it again? “Absolutely,” Leonard says. “She writes a lot with deejays now.”

Leonard is credited on all the songs he wrote with Madonna. They include the largest number of chart hits on which she is credited as co-writer. There are no songs that are credited just to Madonna. And a clutch of them were written solely by others including “Holiday,” “Like a Virgin,” “Material Girl,” and “Borderline.”

Leonard told me he didn’t care if Madonna goes into the Songwriters Hall of Fame without him. He doesn’t believe in awards. He doesn’t even hang his gold records. “They’re all in a closet somewhere,” he said. He just believes in moving forward. This week he comes to New York to work with Roger Waters.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/10/11/madonna-writer-of-her-songs-explains-how-like-a-prayer-other-hits-were-composed