M Attends NYFF- and is Banned from Theater?

Guest Not4Pussies

Guest ditaluver

What is it about?

I believe it's about a prominent black man who gets kidnapped and taken into slavery. it would happen all the time back then people just get kidnapped from their families and taken into the slave trade and this guy is the only survivor to tell his story

yes, it's from a true story of a free black men living in new york, kidnapped and brought to the south into slavery...

...one of the frontrunning movies at next oscars...

Oh, do be quiet Chelle, Hector, GU and Vande! I got confused and thought the guy in Madonnas bad girl film clip was Steve McQueen, the director. Now to skip off to the DVD store and buy some Steve McQueen ( the director not actor ) movies :)

This is going around Facebook, posted by a travel journalist who was at the screening last night:

Tonight at the New York Film Festival premiere of "12 Years A Slave" (a masterpiece, by the way), Stephanie Adams and I sat behind the unholy trifecta of Jason Ritter, J. Alexander from "America's Next Top Model," and Michael K. Williams from "The Wire." Plus, a mysterious blonde in black lace gloves who wouldn't stop texting on her Blackberry throughout the first half of the movie. Eventually, a woman next to me tapped her on the shoulder and told her to put her phone away, and the blonde hissed back, "It's for business... ENSLAVER!" I turned to the shoulder tapper and loudly said, "THANKS!" and gave her a thumbs up. The rest of the movie, I kept thinking about how I wanted to tell the blonde what a disgrace she was. During the standing ovation, the blonde ducked out and Jason Ritter turned around to make commiserating eye contact, as J. Alexander asked, "Who WAS that?!" Jason then looked down at the floor. His eyes got wide, and he picked up an envelope and showed it to us and J. And it said: "2 screening tix MADONNA." And sure enough, we looked to the side of the theater and standing against the wall in black lace gloves was Madonna. The worst person in America.

This is going around Facebook, posted by a travel journalist who was at the screening last night: Tonight at the New York Film Festival premiere of "12 Years A Slave" (a masterpiece, by the way), Stephanie Adams and I sat behind the unholy trifecta of Jason Ritter, J. Alexander from "America's Next Top Model," and Michael K. Williams from "The Wire." Plus, a mysterious blonde in black lace gloves who wouldn't stop texting on her Blackberry throughout the first half of the movie. Eventually, a woman next to me tapped her on the shoulder and told her to put her phone away, and the blonde hissed back, "It's for business... ENSLAVER!" I turned to the shoulder tapper and loudly said, "THANKS!" and gave her a thumbs up. The rest of the movie, I kept thinking about how I wanted to tell the blonde what a disgrace she was. During the standing ovation, the blonde ducked out and Jason Ritter turned around to make commiserating eye contact, as J. Alexander asked, "Who WAS that?!" Jason then looked down at the floor. His eyes got wide, and he picked up an envelope and showed it to us and J. And it said: "2 screening tix MADONNA." And sure enough, we looked to the side of the theater and standing against the wall in black lace gloves was Madonna. The worst person in America.

:) who was Madonnas second person with free tix at the screening?

This is going around Facebook, posted by a travel journalist who was at the screening last night:

Tonight at the New York Film Festival premiere of "12 Years A Slave" (a masterpiece, by the way), Stephanie Adams and I sat behind the unholy trifecta of Jason Ritter, J. Alexander from "America's Next Top Model," and Michael K. Williams from "The Wire." Plus, a mysterious blonde in black lace gloves who wouldn't stop texting on her Blackberry throughout the first half of the movie. Eventually, a woman next to me tapped her on the shoulder and told her to put her phone away, and the blonde hissed back, "It's for business... ENSLAVER!" I turned to the shoulder tapper and loudly said, "THANKS!" and gave her a thumbs up. The rest of the movie, I kept thinking about how I wanted to tell the blonde what a disgrace she was. During the standing ovation, the blonde ducked out and Jason Ritter turned around to make commiserating eye contact, as J. Alexander asked, "Who WAS that?!" Jason then looked down at the floor. His eyes got wide, and he picked up an envelope and showed it to us and J. And it said: "2 screening tix MADONNA." And sure enough, we looked to the side of the theater and standing against the wall in black lace gloves was Madonna. The worst person in America.

So, we are of course supposed to totally believe this story. Coming from someone who chooses to end this tale with calling Madonna "the worst person in America" Maybe it is true, but would like more evidence than some stupid facebook entry that is most likely highly exaggerated.

i don't take for granted this story, but really...one of the things that annoy me the most are the people's smartphones in a theatre with their annoying lights....

Oh, do be quiet Chelle, Hector, GU and Vande! I got confused and thought the guy in Madonnas bad girl film clip was Steve McQueen, the director. Now to skip off to the DVD store and buy some Steve McQueen ( the director not actor ) movies :)

:lmao: For real? :lol:

Sounds like embellishment to me but my new favourite Madonnaism is 'BLAH BLAH BLAH...ENSLAVER!'.

So, we are of course supposed to totally believe this story. Coming from someone who chooses to end this tale with calling Madonna "the worst person in America" Maybe it is true, but would like more evidence than some stupid facebook entry that is most likely highly exaggerated.

I agree. I hope to god it's not true, because it's utterly out of touch and gross. But I did some digging and those other celebs were indeed there, and the guy who posted it is a writer (not an entertainment journalist though). I don't see any evidence of it being fake or vindictive (though the person obviously wasn't a fan to begin with), and "ENSLAVER" is the type of word you'd expect M to use right now, following the Secret Project and all. Hopefully it's just exaggerated and won't gain and media exposure, if only because it looks terrible.

tumblr_mudxmt2Z7x1sgzjtjo1_1280.png

I'm posting it again here cuz she looks so perf.

My friend and I were talking about M today while I checking instagram, she said "She should just stop being so wrinkly and just look after her kids" and I showed her this picture and said "wrinkles?". she didn't really know what to say, so she just replied with "whatever I still don't like her" :dead:

I love jif but we can't call it that because of stupid Europeans. Makes me so mad. I mean, we don't change the name of jalapeños to halapenose. Ugh.

I say Gif, like with a G for GU, isn't that how you everyone says it? Oh and I fucking hate when you're in subway and they say Halapenos I just look at them like

original.gif

You're the one working there at least pronounce it properly

I want to know what mascara she uses.

I wanna know the lipstick shade but it's probably Instagram filters changing the shade a bit. I think the eyelashes are false. DON'T QUOTE ME, it's just that there's a lot of articles about the mega-expensive eyelashes she wears, esp during MDNA tour.

i don't take for granted this story, but really...one of the things that annoy me the most are the people's smartphones in a theatre with their annoying lights....

ain't it the truth.

Phones were great when they first came out.. rather stylish.. and so great to have my whole vinyl collection in the palm of my hand. They still are wonderful but there's a time and place. People are pretty addicted now and, frankly, the "stylish" factor is gone. They're an eye soar now. Where I work EVERYONE has them. It's... problematic.

Remember how it was going around during the Oscars that Madonna was rude to Ang Lee? The director himself was shaking his head over that and felt the need to clear that up. Ang Lee wouldn't be confused if he was used to the constant bull printed about Madonna. Of course because Madonna just directed a movie and Ang Lee won best director she of course would be rude to him! Such bull.

The reason I get upset is because so many times people make up blatant lies about her or over exaggerate. Say you have 20 people who now believe Madonna was rude to Ang Lee and one of them read that it was not the case. The others now have the original report to go on and that is how someone's reputation can be affected. It builds and then before you know it's seen as common knowledge and that has happened to Madonna in so many ways.

I like what Madonna posted on her instagram the other day and I do believe there are people out there who are trying to rewrite her history or portray her in a certain way and the easiest takers are the ones hell bent on not being seen as sheep but ironically have become sheep. I have from day one known that Madonna has flaws as well as attributes. She's always been human to me in every sense of the word. That's why I love her.

Guest Not4Pussies

Whether it is true or not that is one thing I detest when I go watch a movie. People being on their phone during the movie. Completely disrespectful and makes my blood boil. I once had miy friend texting during a movie, non stop! I took his phone away and put it inside my underwear for the rest of the night. And I say JIF by the way.

Ohhh I love this story! :wow: DEMONNA!

The worst person in America.

I'm your worst nightmare.

:bow: