The Twitter Madonna art gallery curation thingy

Thanks guys, but for me it wasn't about a reply, it was mainly the fact of seeing her send commentary to a google stock photo while some people worked for hours on their project.

AND to see how she called anyone who didn't see the SP in the cities not real soldiers of love or something.. as if we're not real fans if we didn't see it away from a computer screen. maybe she should have added more cities so fans could actually go and watch it.. then I'm sure A LOT of fans would have gone out of their seat and watched her SP.

sorry but that was not very diplomatic of her. I love her but she has to be reasonable. However, it's also possible she may feel hurt that quite a lot of critics/people gave her a hard time for the SP and some people even questioning her rape story. Because I can see how that would annoy and deeply affect her, as it's perhaps one of the first few times she showed a vulnerable side of her.

She actually replied to me before but this work meant so much to me.. Ive got a major in art and this felt like an opportunity to share some of what Im capable of, you know? especially when I saw her talk about the "art" of someone sending out an image that clearly came from stockphoto! :lmao:

can you post your work here?

Don't take her words too seriously. She wasn't belittleing anyone. And I agree with your first statement, i'm in the same boat as you. But that's just how the cookie crumbles.

Thanks guys, but for me it wasn't about a reply, it was mainly the fact of seeing her send commentary to a google stock photo while some people worked for hours on their project.

AND to see how she called anyone who didn't see the SP in the cities not real soldiers of love or something.. as if we're not real fans if we didn't see it away from a computer screen. maybe she should have added more cities so fans could actually go and watch it.. then I'm sure A LOT of fans would have gone out of their seat and watched her SP.

sorry but that was not very diplomatic of her. I love her but she has to be reasonable. However, it's also possible she may feel hurt that quite a lot of critics/people gave her a hard time for the SP and some people even questioning her rape story. Because I can see how that would annoy and deeply affect her, as it's perhaps one of the first few times she showed a vulnerable side of her.

The MAJORITY of people whose work she commented on had been worked on for time. Having said that...time doesn't mean anything. Some genius pieces or art were done quickly. Some labours of love are considered wasteful and don't translate well. Just because you are hurt that your piece didn't get commented on doesn't mean you should criticise others. That's not what art is about. You should be promoting people who share the same ideologies as you rather than trying to discredit them. If you don't feel this is a case then your heart is in the wrong place.

i submitted a pic of the art pop cover said this is the meaning of freedom and then blocked me

oh well

I'm glad. That's such a wasteful and stupid thing to do.

The MAJORITY of people whose work she commented on had been worked on for time. Having said that...time doesn't mean anything. Some genius pieces or art were done quickly. Some labours of love are considered wasteful and don't translate well. Just because you are hurt that your piece didn't get commented on doesn't mean you should criticise others. That's not what art is about. You should be promoting people who share the same ideologies as you rather than trying to discredit them. If you don't feel this is a case then your heart is in the wrong place.

How interesting of you pontificating on what art is not about. What enlightening pulpit may such conclusion come from?

In addition to patronizing on what someone should be doing with their ideology?

Nikki has every bit of right of feeling how she feels and expressing it - for your information she simply made the comparison about one Google iStock photo, not saying that many posts did not take their time to do their work as you seem to have implied.

Art or surrogates of it, is bound to be criticized, wether one wants to call it photo, video, poem, song or an album cover (...).

Nikki does not have her heart in the wrong place, she just opened herself up and brought something to everyone's attention about the real soldier comment that did not go down well with a lot of fellow Madonna fans.

EXCUSE ME?

when and where did I criticise others? I made fun of ONE tweet that contained a google stock photo! it was freaky tiny as well. it was so obviously not self-created. It was a JOKE.

And that being said I was disappointed in what Madonna said about the real soldier comment she made, which I clearly wrote in my post as well. I'm not really sure what you're trying to pull here, but I don't like the undertone of it.

I don't like it when people put words into my mouth. I was laughing in almost every post I made in here.

First you suggested I was bitter (which I'm not.) But I ignored that. then you have to nerve to suggest that what I do is wasteful. WASTEFUL.

You're just another member here like all of us. We're all (hopefully) normal people who are just doing what they want and expressing themselves how they want via Madonna's secret project. How could you have the nerve to say that my way of expression is wasteful? Talk about anti-freedom of expression. or rather: freedom of expression as long as it's one particular style or taste according to gugu.

What do you even know about me, gugu? Since you're so quick to judge and analyse people (out loud).. You don't know one single thing about me. Who are you to say such things? to put words into my mouth? none of what you say comes even remotely close to anything I said at all.

Sorry for going off topic but this is ridiculous!

ONE tweet that contained a google stock photo! it was freaky tiny as well. it was so obviously not self-created. It was a JOKE.

I do understand why you're disappointed that your work didn't get notice, but just because you feel that "stock photo" was "obviously not self-created", means Madonna was as observant. You have to remember, she must have gotten thousands if not more submissions. I'm sure far more than we've all seen. I'm sure it was quite overwhelming for her. And the truth is, she couldn't respond to everyone. You gotta be realistic here.

Madonna is really extending herself here. This is a rare treat to see her get so involved with the fans like this. 25 years ago, if you approached her on the street, you'd most likely get blown off by her. This is a different side of Madonna that we haven't seen. Of course, she has an agenda, but it's in good intention. It's obvious this "Art For Freedom" is important to her. I'm sure if she could respond to every serious inquiry/submission, she'd do so.

Its true guys although personally it would have been nice to have had a comment by madonna on my submitted song i wrote its not everything... to start with i didn't write it for Madonna i wrote it because she inspired me to write it so as far as im concerned it was well worth the experience and i will perform it in my shows next year and be proud of what i accomplished as should everyone else..

Well done to those talented guys that submitted work that M commented on ..and to the others just feel proud of what you accomplished..

peace x

I do understand why you're disappointed that your work didn't get notice, but just because you feel that "stock photo" was "obviously not self-created", means Madonna was as observant.

Of course. But It was a joke. And I was letting it out like people in here do every single day. I was over it a minute after I posted it.. What annoyed me a bit is what she said about soldiers. Just let that all be clear, because I think some people are completely missing my point.

Later a member here felt the need to insinuate what I do is a waste and claiming how I'm feeling by saying things that I didn't even discuss in the first place. This doesn't even have anything to do with my submission or M anymore.

How interesting of you pontificating on what art is not about. What enlightening pulpit may such conclusion come from?

In addition to patronizing on what someone should be doing with their ideology?

Nikki has every bit of right of feeling how she feels and expressing it - for your information she simply made the comparison about one Google iStock photo, not saying that many posts did not take their time to do their work as you seem to have implied.

Art or surrogates of it, is bound to be criticized, wether one wants to call it photo, video, poem, song or an album cover (...).

Nikki does not have her heart in the wrong place, she just opened herself up and brought something to everyone's attention about the real soldier comment that did not go down well with a lot of fellow Madonna fans.

I'm not going to get into it with you because what you said above just reads DRAMA QUEEN. I will say that I didn't patronise anybody. I value other people's art and I value my own opinions. I was actually trying to support Nikki but also make sure that she didn't think that getting an approval from Madonna on Twitter was the end of the world.

EXCUSE ME?

when and where did I criticise others? I made fun of ONE tweet that contained a google stock photo! it was freaky tiny as well. it was so obviously not self-created. It was a JOKE.

And that being said I was disappointed in what Madonna said about the real soldier comment she made, which I clearly wrote in my post as well. I'm not really sure what you're trying to pull here, but I don't like the undertone of it.

I don't like it when people put words into my mouth. I was laughing in almost every post I made in here.

First you suggested I was bitter (which I'm not.) But I ignored that. then you have to nerve to suggest that what I do is wasteful. WASTEFUL.

You're just another member here like all of us. We're all (hopefully) normal people who are just doing what they want and expressing themselves how they want via Madonna's secret project. How could you have the nerve to say that my way of expression is wasteful? Talk about anti-freedom of expression. or rather: freedom of expression as long as it's one particular style or taste according to gugu.

What do you even know about me, gugu? Since you're so quick to judge and analyse people (out loud).. You don't know one single thing about me. Who are you to say such things? to put words into my mouth? none of what you say comes even remotely close to anything I said at all.

Sorry for going off topic but this is ridiculous!

I'm hoping that next time you reply in here you have calmed down because judging by these posts you were obviously too hurt to be reasonable. I get it, you built yourself up to something and it didn't happen. In life, you have to roll with the punches. We all do. The picture you were talking about wasn't serious but neither was Madonna's response. I don't think you can say that I was being negative about your work when I'm urging you to share it! I have to make something clear to you. I never said your work or your form of expression was wasteful. I said that if your hope in creating a piece of art was that Madonna commented on it then your INTENTIONS made the art instantly wasteful. I was encouraging you!

Of course. But It was a joke. And I was letting it out like people in here do every single day. I was over it a minute after I posted it.. What annoyed me a bit is what she said about soldiers. Just let that all be clear, because I think some people are completely missing my point.

Later a member here felt the need to insinuate what I do is a waste and claiming how I'm feeling by saying things that I didn't even discuss in the first place. This doesn't even have anything to do with my submission or M anymore.

I know a lot of people got upset about it. I can see why. However, Madonna never said that people who were UNABLE to attend are worthless. She just stated that people who did are her 'real soldiers' because she obviously likes the ground level support. It's Madonna's way of encouraging people to share their voice in a real life situation. Not just online. Everybody is an internet critic nowadays but often critics don't get off their arse and do something. I think people read the comment wrong. I think she was spurring people into action rather than saying she's disappointed in people who live huge distances away from cities that showed the projection.

I'm hoping that next time you reply in here you have calmed down because judging by these posts you were obviously too hurt to be reasonable.

Reading anything you have to say is actually painful. Patronising, off the mark and conceited comes to mind.

Nikki's original comment was valid, your argument is just made up of quotes from self help books.

Reading anything you have to say is actually painful. Patronising, off the mark and cosseted comes to mind.

Nikki's original comment was valid, your argument is just made up of quotes from self help books.

:rolleyes:

Never read a self help book in my life but maybe you should.

'Anger management for dummies'.

'How not to be unnecessarily inflammatory'.

I dunno. Those sort of things might suit you. After all, you just pulled a drama token out of your arse.