Dress You Up (Live)
01-07-85
Leeds Studios, Hollywood, CA
First rehearsal for The Virgin Tour

http://www.mediafire.com/?olycopi5552focn

Live a Virgin Instrumental

https://soundcloud.com/club78boy-1/like-a-virgin-instrumental-01

Very nice!!

This seems to be from tapes sold on eBay last year by a Virgin Tour band member.

As well as rehearsals he sold some audio tapes of full soundboard recordings from a few different shows.

No videos though. :-(

I thought this leaked ages ago???

Only rehearsals of Borderline and Burning Up for VT have ever leaked before now as far as I'm aware. Complete soundboard and live recordings for some live shows like Los Angeles have been around for years though. I got Chicago in the early 90s on CD.

I thought this leaked ages ago???

Nope. These are the very first rehearsals. Notice the dates posted. The compositions are different too.

I'm dying to hear the rehearsed version of Love Don't Live Here Anymore they did.

Is this true???????????????? never heard of this one before: faints- best song on LAV!

Is this true???????????????? never heard of this one before: faints- best song on LAV!

There were written notes by M that surfaced that had ideas for the performance.

There were written notes by M that surfaced that had ideas for the performance.

and actually rehearsed? This is up their with the anonymous I Want You from the DWT :ohmy:

Nope. These are the very first rehearsals. Notice the dates posted. The compositions are different too.

Oh these are US date format! I'd forgotten that. So it's 7th January? Did she start rehearsals that early? The tour started 10th April. LAV was still in the charts!

Sticky and Sweet rehearsals were three months and that's a far more complicated show than VT. She could have knocked this one out in a few weeks.

I meant, it seems so strange that it was so early in the LAV era that a tour was being put together. There was very little info on the tour at the time. There was just the DYU video late in the year so the period time-shifts for me.

Looking back at the early years, I just seems odd when one era is taking place and we found out she was working on another. So, for me 84 is all about the first album but LAV was already in the can by summer. 85 was DSS, ITG and LAV LP but she was working on TB.

It's not the same since the internet. Now we know when she's in the studios. In the 80s, we never really new much until an album dropped so they were more fixed in their start / end points.