I'm Watching The MDNA Tour For The First Time

Joey

Oh, i thought it was a bit random that part. The rest of the concert flows, has a concept... i think she made that section just because she felt she had to include GMAYL. I don't know...

But yes, if she had included another one it wouldn't have seemed so random. A bombastic song from the first album, CAC would have been great too! Or why not Holiday full of drums and trompets with some great majorette routine? ?

WHAT!!?!??!???? There IS a concept!

Some people have mentioned in other threads that they feel MDNA had it's flaws. Im interested to hear more about this as I love the tour and think it's flawless. My only gripes (and they aren't major gripes) are the criminally short versions of PDP and Vogue and the misplaced Majorette section. I feel the Vogue section would have been better and would have continued the edgy, stylish and cinematic feel of the opening section. Imagine her coming out with Vogue after all that darkness. The tour could have closed with Majorette and then a quick costume change for Celebration. Just my two cents worth. Everything else is amazing, visuals, costumes, choreography, themes and style is incredibly well done and detailed.

Her best tour.

I also think that Transgression should have been followed by Masculine/Feminine section. The second section was to cheerful and would have been better as the 3th or 4th section.

I think MDNA has flaws, like every Madonna tour.

It is well packed, looks perfect thanks to modern technology. But I also think that the next tour will be even stronger than MDNA Tour in terms of production and fans will praise it more than MDNA Tour...

Personally I think GGW was bad song for opening and Celebration bad song for closing the show. I think Madonna just chose to perform some songs because of themes and lines. She performed Revolver just because of the word revolver, because the word fits the violent section. Celebration has been chosen beacuse Madonna wanted the last part to be a celebration. It shouldn't have been literally.

have you seen it live?

I can assure you CELEBRATION had such a great vibe and was a killer closer!

No, I have not.

But I don't like to compare the live experience to DVD/internet experience. Because when you watch Madonna live then you can like any songs she performs, because you are just happy to see her live.

WHAT!!?!??!???? There IS a concept!

yes, i mean a concept flowing from one thing to another. But when the majorette thing comes it's a bit "uh?" and then it goes away and comes another very different thing and you are "eh?"

No, I have not.

But I don't like to compare the live experience to DVD/internet experience. Because when you watch Madonna live then you can like any songs she performs, because you are just happy to see her live.

in my case it's not totally true:
There is some let down, sometimes. For example, I didn't like I'm Sinner and Cyberraga when I saw it live. I must admit I don't like those songs and I'm not fond when she plays guitar.
However, I'm really not a big fan of Candy Shop. But when I saw it live, during MDNA, I was so amazed. It was a magical moment to me.

in my case it's not totally true:
There is some let down, sometimes. For example, I didn't like I'm Sinner and Cyberraga when I saw it live. I must admit I don't like those songs and I'm not fond when she plays guitar.
However, I'm really not a big fan of Candy Shop. But when I saw it live, during MDNA, I was so amazed. It was a magical moment to me.

Candy Shop was good and better than the original, although I still don't like it. Celebration visually was perfect, but as a song...

I think it is one of her worst songs and the most generic ones. If she has made it in the 80s then it could have worked, but in the 2000s... It has message which is good for closing (Come join the party...), but to me it didn't work. It was also weird because it was mixed with Give It 2 Me, which made it even more generic. The song is souless. I think GGW, which is also generic, would have been better choice as closing song.

yes, i mean a concept flowing from one thing to another. But when the majorette thing comes it's a bit "uh?" and then it goes away and comes another very different thing and you are "eh?"

No.

Flaws:

I don't like the opening. It's too long with that chanting. Don't like the use of the rifle either. I think the confession booth looks naff. I also don't like GGW on the whole but the live version became better when it got mixed up and louder half way through.

I don't like the GMAYL version, I prefer the album mix.

Like a Virgin bored me. I think Falling Free would have been better.

I didn't want to hear Candy Shop or Human Nature again in any form.

Some Girls and Beautiful Killer should have been in there somewhere.

I hated the version of Open Your Heart.

Having said this I really enjoyed the show in London even if the venue was poor. I much prefer MDNA to S&S.

:angel:

Finally bought the DVD & watched the concert for the first time. All I can say is holy fuck its amazing!!! It's now tied with blond ambition & the girlie show as my favorite tours of her! Loved the way the DVD was filmed I saw no issues with it, it was like a film rather than I concert DVD, you can certainly see why it took so long to edit.

All I can say is the like a virgin & love spent section has to be the best performance art she's ever done. Loved it being in black & white, it also has to be the sexiest like a Virgin performance ever. All I can say is fuck she's a sexy woman!

Finally bought the DVD & watched the concert for the first time. All I can say is holy fuck its amazing!!! It's now tied with blond ambition & the girlie show as my favorite tours of her! Loved the way the DVD was filmed I saw no issues with it, it was like a film rather than I concert DVD, you can certainly see why it took so long to edit.

All I can say is the like a virgin & love spent section has to be the best performance art she's ever done. Loved it being in black & white, it also has to be the sexiest like a Virgin performance ever. All I can say is fuck she's a sexy woman!

:clap: Well said.

Guest Rachelle of London

MDNA kicks ass!!!!!!

I like the burst of energy from GMAYL then the megamix and then the joyful TUTR...it really is a great experience live

Oh forgot to say to all the reviewers who said it was boring or that a certain performer had more energy/dancing than the whole MDNA show well they must either have been blind or didn't see the show! The first segment alone should have silenced the critics it was amazing! There was no boring parts of the show at all!

Guest Rachelle of London

Do you know what as much as I love Madonna when I rewatch any of her tour DVDs theres always a song I skip, like even my beloved S&S I skip LIB as that version annoys me. but on MDNA I dont skip ANYTHING!

With MDNA i skip the whole basque thing (it's too long and bores me). The rest I like a lot.

For Confessions I skip the Confession of the dancers and Live to tell (too long too, after watching it for 5 times, i can't watch it anymore).

I skip A LOT of Confessions Tour, even though I love it.

large swathes of Confessions are either boring or general misfires, but the pacing and setlist make it so impressive as a complete show. When it needs to be exciting, it is, when a hit is required, it's there and when it should be quiet, an intense ballad appears. The opening sequence is thrilling, and the final five tracks whip everything up into a perfect frenzy.

:dramatic:

Of course, it helps that Stuarts arrangements are all fantastic and she looks flawless.

large swathes of Confessions are either boring or general misfires, but the pacing and setlist make it so impressive as a complete show. When it needs to be exciting, it is, when a hit is required, it's there and when it should be quiet, an intense ballad appears. The opening sequence is thrilling, and the final five tracks whip everything up into a perfect frenzy.

:dramatic:

Of course, it helps that Stuarts arrangements are all fantastic and she looks flawless.

The reinvention of old songs was brilliant. It was like she has made new songs exclusively for the tour.

She should work with Price again on the next tour.

With MDNA i skip the whole basque thing (it's too long and bores me). The rest I like a lot.

For Confessions I skip the Confession of the dancers and Live to tell (too long too, after watching it for 5 times, i can't watch it anymore).

I skip often:

best Friend

Open your Heart and that speech

Justify My Love

Vogue

Like a Virgin

I'm a Sinner

I skip A LOT of Confessions Tour, even though I love it.

CHEESUS FORGIVE EM.....!!!!