Roger Waters Passes Madonna for Solo Boxscore Record with $459M

lasky

I don't believe that's entirely true. I think this is completely a Body of Evidence situation where Madonna is Rebecca Carlson and Australia is her bitch. She teases us because she knows we want her so badly. After the first 10 years of her career she decided to give us a treat for obeying her desires and it's fitting that it was the Erotica album/ Girlie Show that she toured here with. Afterwards she decided to heighten the stakes and doubles the waiting time to test our faithfulness. With each tour that passes, she whispers "Don't fear, I'm coming soon Australia." We continue to give her #1 albums and songs to please her. We need to earn our slice of Madonna as she enforces that we must justify her love.

The belief that she doesn't care for Australia is false, it's truly the opposite. She gives Europe and South America the impression that she loves them the most, but it's Australia that she dances with due to that deep passion and desire that we have. So don't fear Australia, she's coming soon.

VeronicaElectronica :lmao: Congratulations on making Australia sound so exotic and exciting. This should be the official reason noted from now on why Madonna does not tour Australia.

Maybe you should move to the cool side of the Earth? Sorry Jaz, San etcetera. :kiss2:

:rotfl: But we have Kangaroos, Koalas, Wombats and platypus. Her kids would love seeing those animals. She will tour here for the sake of David and Mercy seeing our cute and cuddly creatures.

yes but dont forget that the aussies are REALLY critical when it comes to tours of popstars (unless they're pink or gags).. so if she opens there and they don't like it, I fear for the reviews of other dates, as they somehow have such a huge influence when it comes to these things..

i also dont know if they'll forgive her so easily.. they may hold up a grudge against her now. her next tour has to be REALLY good with amazing vocals from the start of the show and tour.. i'm talking frozen from RIT which they showed everywhere at every city she played at on every news station. those amazing vocals plus the madonna name made the astonishing reviews and sold the tickets themselves. I really hope she does a more casual fan friendly tour, such as the girlie show and RIT (especially when it comes to vocals, and the live band)

Nikki, gotta love you but we don't have that much influence. Plus, Madonna is such a superstar compared to all of the other girls out there. I have seen so many stars live and none of them had the same impact and genuine excitement generated by the crowd as Madonna had at the MCG. I am pretty sure she would have the same impact again as she still is a brilliant entertainer.

Guest bluejean

The Australian media and alot of the public wouldn't have appreciated the MDNA tour. Reinvention and Sticky & Sweet were (sadly) the shows that would be most appreciated here. That's partly because she's never brought a hits heavy tour here and when you've never seen her that's what you really anticipate. Personally if there were any post 80's/90's shows I wish I could have seen in person it's Drowned World and MDNA. But I'm probably in the minority.

Guest bluejean

People rushing to see her would expect the setlist to run like the 1 disc Celebration album basically.

No doubt they moaned over the lack of hits in TGS too but it would be worse now since the wait has been much longer and she's viewed as being "past it." Maybe that's another reason she skipped us, perhaps the promoters felt a more hits friendly tour would be required for the greatest sales and profit. When Prince came last year they really pumped up the fact he'd be playing his hits and the show sold amazingly.

People rushing to see her would expect the setlist to run like the 1 disc Celebration album basically.

No doubt they moaned over the lack of hits in TGS too but it would be worse now since the wait has been much longer and she's viewed as being "past it." Maybe that's another reason she skipped us, perhaps the promoters felt a more hits friendly tour would be required for the greatest sales and profit. When Prince came last year they really pumped up the fact he'd be playing his hits and the show sold amazingly.

As long as she sings my beloved Rain, she can do whatever.