Secret Project REVOLUTION! THE QUEEN OF LIFE!

Guest Pud Whacker

One thing I notice, Madonna believes in her dancers so much and gives them all the opportunities to shine and even be personalities themselves. Madonna has a huge ego but not of the stereotypical spotlight-insecure diva. No one is really like her.

Watched it again. The whole thing is really mind-blowing and amazing beyond words.

Also, I would loooove to see videos of the other perfomances.

Maybe they will also show up sooner or later?

http://www.gettyimages.de/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=de&family=editorial&assetType=image&mt=photography&p=madonna+steven+klein+2013

Edited by alquemist

Can someone tell me if Brahim was there?

I'm honestly worried, I don't want them breaking up.

Please tell me he was there.

I think he had to go to the bathroom:

M-SK_SP_09-20-13_052.gif

No, seriously. I think he's "dancing with the stars" in France, isn't he?

I just watched the whole thing. WOW!! What an amazing short film, even better than i hoped it would be. I really love when she's doing dark art, it's always so captivating and haunting.

The interview was definitively one of her bests, i haven't saw ALL her interviews but this is probably the one i enjoyed the most. So intelligent and articulate.

And that performance... One of my favorites. That woman seriously can sing, i really hope she's gonna do some acoustic music in the future, it suit her voice very well.

I'm just so proud of being a fan right now.

Wow. MADONNA. WOW.

I LOVE that Imagist review just posted because it tells what this project really is: a DIDACTIC art. Art that squarely expresses the precise POV of the artist and what that artist (Madonna) WANTS her audience to derive from it and what they'd hopefully DO as a result of being exposed to it. And since its a POV, derived from the artist's own thought process and, more importantly, from her specific experiences, it is thus necessarily unequivocal and narrow-- or, better yet, FOCUSED: it doesn't bother with details ( like your contention of what's the real deal with S. America, etc.) that make for a BALANCED world view: she wants you to zero in on what she thinks is wrong, get unbalanced and agitated, and then DO something about it.

Also, she does not condemn governments per se, but government actions-- even from BENIGN governments she even supports-- that are inimical to actual freedoms or the concept of freedom. But she mostly rails against the people's own apathy to their own freedoms.

On a side note, is this the end of Madonna the postmodern artist who lets her audience decide for themselves what her art means, and the beginning of Madonna, the didact? Or has she always been both?

I think you can't start a revolution unless you know who or what you're fighting against. If it's apathy, then you should concentrate on battling its origin, fighting the source of why people are in their comfort zone. Screaming out that people are apathic (even as elegantly as she has) is a comfort zone itself. Criticizing without proposing is a comfortable area. I find SP is not didactic for then I should learn something from it, and not only be urged to do "something". I wanna learn what, why and when, but mainly: who. If it's some kind of self awareness test where you can fight that within yourself, I think it bites more than it can chew both as a work of art and as a political statement. I appreciate she has the motivation to ask us to "do something" but I find it bland. But it's just my input.

It's on Youtube and the internet and it's free. Youtube has a much, much, MUCH larger audience than HBO.

I love my fellow Madonna fans, but you guys need to stop living in the past. You're holding on to something that happened before. If you guys keep going with that attitude it's going to be one disappointment after another.

I don't see any problem with her having made this film, distributing it the way she has, or with the repeated themes. I'm just responding to your suggestion that she's repeating many of the images/themes from the tour to reach a wider audience. It's not about living in the past. She could have streamed the tour online or, hell, posted it on YouTube. My tangential point was that I wish more of the general public could see her tours, which is where she really shines. It's been many years since CT on NBC, which was a total botch job.

Can I just ask what Lindsay Lohan has done to her cheeks, nose, lips by the way

She's not even 30 yet

Very odd

I was just thinking that they look the same age. Don't know if that's a compliment to M or a swipe at Lohan though!