BEAUTIFUL STRANGER

IsaacHarris

BS came out when I was 8 years old, so forgive me for being late to the realization that it is FANTASTIC. :wow:

mad12.gif

Strangely, there is NO VIDEO on Youtube, but whatever. The beat is everything; upbeat, kinda funky, kinda electronic. It makes me feel like I'm in a desert hookah lounge or something. And it's groooovy as hell too! Best thing William Orbit has ever created IMVHO.

I love a good dose of Bitchdonna every now and again (I Don't Give A, Gang Bang) but I'M ALL FOR her groovy little love songs. Lyrically, it's got that lightheartedness of True Blue and I don't mind that one bit. The way she sings 'if i'm smart then I'll run awaaaaaaaaaay. but I'm not, so I guess I'll stay..." is so warm & lovely. One of the few Madonna songs about affection that I can actually relate too. :inlove:

And isn't she HOT as fuck in that video? THOSE MOVES! I didn't remember her molesting Mike Myers though :rotfl:

tumblr_mtasrprYB11qzjr2jo2_r1_500.gif

mad7.gif

It's my favorite late-90's hindu-yoga-mama-goddess-Madonna track! :wow:

Guest Not4Pussies

she oozed sex in this video

which was great to see her being sensual and playful after the seriousness of ROL

love the song. my favorite parts: to know you is to love you, to love you is to be part of you.

I was just thinking about this track earlier when I was listening to Amazing. I don't really get why people say they (and I'm A Sinner) sound the same/are rehashed ideas of one another. Yes, they all go for that specific sound, but there are many differences and, either way, they're all fantastic. Beautiful Stranger is an A+ track.

I wouldn't call it one of her best songs but it works and I still listen to it every now and then. My favorite part of the video is when she turns around and starts inching her shirt up. Interesting move, very Madonna.

The video was on Youtube as late as a month ago. Hmm, guess it got deleted.

Oh I love that VMA clip! Did she not hug/kiss Henny? They cut away so we will never know, but.."DINNER IS OVER!"

Oh look at the diva himself Prince looking all snotty at 1:24. Wtf is he wearing anyway?

I was just thinking about this track earlier when I was listening to Amazing. I don't really get why people say they (and I'm A Sinner) sound the same/are rehashed ideas of one another. Yes, they all go for that specific sound, but there are many differences and, either way, they're all fantastic. Beautiful Stranger is an A+ track.

yes yes yes! Preach it baby! I've been trying to say this for years! Yeah, I'm a Sinner does include a dosage of Orbit's fav "Ease on By" sample, but it's really at the end of the song. And I saw that as paying homage to M's previous work with WO. And that sample is used heavily on his ROL remix. You can hear it a little bit in BS, but I don't see it in Amazing.

Anyway, Beautiful Stranger is very UK swinger, while Amazing has a 60's surfer vibe. They are 2 different songs in the end.

What was that face for? Was that when her and Jlo were having that minor beef or something?

It's just typical Madonna being a brat. I think award shows are something she's never been able to stand. So when she won and everyone went crazy, she looked at Guy was like "lol"

I wouldn't call it one of her best songs but it works and I still listen to it every now and then.

Agreed. I appreciate it for being mainstream in sense of bringing in new fans. But will say she looked hot as hell in video. Miss Tandonna.

Edited by Wally

But YAS baby. The song is fantastic! I was 9 at the time, and it was so great to hear a new M song just almost after a year of ROL being out. It was a groovy track, and the video was smoking hot! I always had to tune into VH1 and MTV everyday just to see the video. Ugg, the summer of 1999 <3 <3 <3

I totally agree with you! I think they are so

different except for all having a 60's vibe.

OMG you were in AC!?!????!?

Yes I was! I went with my family and it was fun :wow: I really didn't think that I was going to win anything! but I was lucky to get 21 dollars after investing just 2 dollars. :lmao: ...Anyway, after that I heard Queendonna's beautiful stranger :wow::bow: and it was a perfect night.

It's just typical Madonna being a brat. I think award shows are something she's never been able to stand. So when she won and everyone went crazy, she looked at Guy was like "lol"

It's because she didn't know she was winning that award.