Madonna and Kabbalah: has 'the Light' finally gone out?

XXL

Madonna and Kabbalah: has 'the Light' finally gone out?

20120414-news-madonna-truth-or-dare-macy

Madge was absent from Philip Berg's funeral this week. Was it because she wouldn't be the headline act – or something more profound?

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/lostinshowbiz/2013/sep/19/madonna-kabbala-philip-bergs-funeral

All things must pass, according to my £289 copy of Kabbalah's holy book, but has there been a cooling between the faux-Jewish set and its most famous devotee? Lost in Showbiz is moved to ask after Madonnawas nowhere to be seen in photos taken at this week's funeral of its founder, the erstwhile insurance salesman Philip Berg.

On one level, the singer's absence might be expected. With the obvious exception of their own sendoffs, a funeral is an event at which attendees are merely on the bill, as opposed to headlining. And it may very well be that Madonna simply declined to part of an ensemble piece. Or maybe she couldn't join the likes of Ashton Kutcher in managing to get to Israel to see Berg entombed in the huge mausoleum that had been purpose-built for him.

On another, this is the man who brought her into the sect, and at whose Shabat table she was given a VIP place whenever she was in town. This is the man for whom she lobbied Downing Street, claiming that Kabbalah water had removed all radioactivity from a lake in the Chernobyl exclusion zone, and was the answer to the global problem of nuclear waste. This is the man whose wife she reportedly took pride of place next to at Kabbalah services, and whose merchandise – $26 bit of red string, anyone? – she allowed to be sold alongside her own on world tours. A stroke confined him to a wheelchair some years ago, but this is the man whose guidance she continued to seek even after his wife and sons took the reins of the Kabbalah Center.

Who knows, perhaps Madonna's absence from the Rav's funeral forms a companion piece with the 2011 document that shows how she cut all Kabbalah's ties with her charity, Raising Malawi, following the damning audit that revealed $3.8m had been spent on a project that was never realised.

Either way, it is to be hoped she will take the earliest interview opportunity to put the confusion to bed. Is madam still seeing what Kabbalah calls "the Light", or has she seen the other kind of light? Inquiring minds want to know.

rabbi-philip-berg_2678060b.jpg

article-2423891-1BE1EA7D000005DC-188_634

article-2423891-1BE1EA3C000005DC-314_634

article-2423891-1BE1CD6E000005DC-554_634

Guest Not4Pussies

she still studies and visits the kabbalah center in ny

but she definitely has cut her ties with the Bergs

and i am glad she snapped out of it.

2002-2005 was hardcore kabbalah times

selling the red string at RIT was pushing it

divorcing Ritchie and distancing herself from the Bergs

brought a spark back in Madonna that i think was missing

since 2000.

I love the pictures they choose for Madonna's articles :lmao:

Let me get this straight.... they praise humbleness and killing your ego.

While their leader is entombed in a huge mausoleum?

tumblr_inline_mhi4t7JNM21qz4rgp.gif

That's nice...

I speculate that Madonna had long separated kaballah from Berg and is still being true and faithful to what kaballah is about, but she has cut Berg off after he (maybe) proved shady. We wondered if she had gone the deep cult end, but, really, NOBODY fools her and gets to stay on her good graces. Or is it just that what Madonna really worships is her schedule. :lol:

I don't remember red strings being sold on the RIT. But I do remember at the end of the RIT shows when the lights came on, some pushy SFK reps were on the floor level handing out BROCHURES as the audience exited out. :crazy::lol:

Indeed it was!

In a red string, but not THE red string.

Anyway,

“Everything changed once Madonna began to study,” comedian and Kabbalah Centre member Roseanne Barr told the Los Angeles Times. “Madonna had great intentions, and has done a lot of good things in the world, but her fame was so immense that there was no way that God or Kabbalah or the rav [Philip Berg] or Karen Berg or heaven and earth could remain the same in the face of it.”

ROSEANNE.