This papa don't preach > The REST!

drunkbysix

I may be wrong, but I feel like there is something off with that video...

Whoever "remastered" it, it's like they took the audio from a different show, it doesn't match up 100%

I may be wrong, but I feel like there is something off with that video...

Whoever "remastered" it, it's like they took the audio from a different show, it doesn't match up 100%

I like the japan one the best, but it seems I can't find it, all the ones are ciao, unless im listening wrong.

I don't think I've ever watched this show completely from beginning to end and I don't think I want to.

It's worth it. For many people here that were fans since youth, this vhs had many replays throughout peoples childhood.

Highlights: Open Your Heart, White Heat, Lucky Star, Papa Don't Preach, Look of Love, Who's That Girl, Holiday.

It's her first tour to use a video backdrop. (well VT did use projections during the intro)

It's worth it. For many people here that were fans since youth, this vhs had many replays throughout peoples childhood.

Highlights: Open Your Heart, White Heat, Live to Tell, Papa Don't Preach, Look of Love, Who's That Girl, Holiday.

It's her first tour to use a video backdrop. (well VT did use projections during the intro)

I'm not particularly crazy about any of those songs. :lol: It's the setup, the production, the look, the costumes, the setlist, the voice. None of that about this tour appeals to me. I respect it, but it's not for me. I will continue to wear the tshirt I have with the logo for this tour on it, though. :cool:

I don't think I've ever watched this show completely from beginning to end and I don't think I want to.

It's a religious experience, you will be a different person afterwards. This is when she became a global superstar. No screen, yes! Full live band, yes! The dancing, yes! That body, yes!

Wow! I would think anything from this era would be essential listening/watching for all fans. This was an awesome time to be a fan. Everything she released seemed to turn to gold. She was climbing that "Mega Star" ladder at this time.

Who's That Girl Tour is highly underrated if you ask me.

Sure it doesn't have the special effects and troop of backup dancers like her later tours, but to me its Madonna doing what she does best. Pretty much by and large owning the stage on her own performing her ass off.

Guest Not4Pussies

I'm not particularly crazy about any of those songs. :lol: It's the setup, the production, the look, the costumes, the setlist, the voice. None of that about this tour appeals to me. I respect it, but it's not for me. I will continue to wear the tshirt I have with the logo for this tour on it, though. :cool:

Shocked.gif

You should give it a chance because it's amazing.

That's where you can see and feel how this woman is very incredible on stage. She gives everything she has. Raw and perfect.

You should give it a chance because it's amazing.

That's where you can see and feel how this woman is very incredible on stage. She gives everything she has. Raw and perfect.

It's cool to see how much her shows have changed tour by tour, especially with this one.

You also notice so many things (and in VT too) that she has done again in her more recent tours. I think people have forgotten that Confessions wasn't the first time she humped a boombox.

I can't believe people would pass over the Who's That Girl era and tour.... it really was when she became the 'mega global superstar'...which then lead to the god-like status of BA. This was when she really established how powerful and serious she was about her performance. Yes, the precursor to the theatrics and (later) video screens is all here...but the focus is Madonna and her sheer raw drive to be the best she could be. And it's of a time when big, full bands played out great live music on stage tours. And you get Causing A Commotion, Who's That Girl, Papa Don't Preach, Open Your Heart, Live To Tell, etc....and the 'reinventing' of the sound of her already classic early hits even started here.

Plus, there was a lightness...an innocence...in this era that she was still taking in and being amazed herself at what she was becoming.

ps. Don't read youtube comments.

I'm convulsing @ those vocals during 1:58 - 2:13

'Whut I need rite nah, is some GEWD ADVIIIIIIIICE! PLEEEEEEASE!"

This clip is EXACTLY what I want & need from Madonna, from the stripped down stage to the unhinged vocals (even the hair-do & the poofy skirt). She's eternal, but there's just something about that 80's era that can't be matched. The energy. The passion. The VOICE! I'd give anything to telaport through space n' time to see her first two live tours.

And Adreeeeeyan, WTG is definitely her 3rd best tour EVER so get with the program! :wow:

im shocked, adreeyen is turning into a flop fan (i kid, i kid)

but ya def need a recent viewing of sum premium who dat girl tour (watch the tokyo gig, it captures the m's opening better than ciao italia)

we can always do it room 23 style

3X07_KarlRoom23.jpg