Happy 13th Birthday "Music"

CMoody

Her 3rd best album!!!

And what a great album to launch Madonna's millennium presence. She rocked the interwebs!

madonnamusic.com_01.jpg

What a beautiful website!

And the record breaking Brixton Academy show

57+Brixton+Academy,+London.jpg

What a fucking era! Like no other!

Her 3rd best album!!!

And what a great album to launch Madonna's millennium presence. She rocked the interwebs!

madonnamusic.com_01.jpg

What a beautiful website!

And the record breaking Brixton Academy show

What a fucking era! Like no other!

Signed signed signed :drama:

Amazing record

Impressive Instant, Amazing, Music, Runaway Lover, WILFLAG are my fav tracks

Happy Birthday!!

Thank you Madonna and Mirwais :clap: :clap:

Not among my fav. albums, but good nevertheless. Quite spotty, some kind of let down after ROL. Well lets say that Mirwais isnt my cup of tea, but I have favs here: Impressive Instant, I Deserve It, Dont Tell Me, Amazing and of course Pardise...

Great album.

I remember the first time I heard it loving the hell out of her crisp clear vocal in songs like I Deserve It and Gone.

The whole album in general gives me the vibe of laying out under the stars somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Most of it transports you to another place.

Also remember seeing a teaser to the MUSIC video on the late night entertainment shows and my jaw hit the floor. Seeing Madonna all pimped out looking hot as hell in the back of a limo was something I wasn't expecting after her Ray of Light era. I loved it.

i never understand the indifference to this album, I think it's amazing. i'm sure it could have been exploited more with further singles and videos, but it's modern and daring. to this day no other album sounds quite like it

i never understand the indifference to this album, I think it's amazing. i'm sure it could have been exploited more with further singles and videos, but it's modern and daring. to this day no other album sounds quite like it

I would have LOVED more single and videos! God, she should have made a video for each song!

I would have LOVED more single and videos! God, she should have made a video for each song!

Agree! At least we had P(NFM) on the tour!

This album is fantastic and still sounds fresh. :bow:

Guest bluejean

Great album. Great singles. Great videos.

I've been listening to Paradise alot lately. And of course, Music is one of the greatest singles of all time.

Guest Xanthium

Such a thrilling album and era. Madonna's influence and artistry was unstoppable. I worked in a department store at the time and the juniors department literally started carrying cowgirl wear because of Madonna's new look. Impressive instant was glorious on first listen. Still is.

OMG 13 years already! Music was the first Madonna album i anticipated and i followed every step until its release! I became a hardcore fan exactly during 1999-2000 and i was so in awe with her ROL album that i literally spent every single day obsessed with the upcoming Music album! So many nice memories when i used to assault the school archives to cut and steal pictures of 80's/90's magazines! :inlove:

So many memories from this era but the biggest was my sister getting knocked up and the whole time she was singing Amazing to her BF at that time .9 months later we had a bouncing baby boy and unfortunately the supposedly amazing guy left her but she still loves the MUSIC album though.

I remember the website having this interactive "make your own Music remix" page, where each component of the song was split up and you could play them together or separate. Pretty neat, and pretty cutting edge for that time!

The album of my teenage years (I was 16 when Music was released)... That song (Music) still gets me going at the gym every time it pops up in my playlist!

Not one of my favorites, honestly. I love the singles and the sound has held up well. But it is very uneven, and way too short (yes, I'm one of THOSE types).

Plus I found her entire persona of that era unpleasant. Don't know why.

Not one of my favorites, honestly. I love the singles and the sound has held up well. But it is very uneven, and way too short (yes, I'm one of THOSE types).

Plus I found her entire persona of that era unpleasant. Don't know why.

Guy Ritchie

Guest bluejean

:lmao:

Yeah. And also she had a new born baby and she was now living in London. The music was brilliant but when you compare her to the Madonna of today she's like a different person. It's weird how Madonna really does change over the years depending on where she's at in life. Of course I love all incarnations but some better than others. She was definitely more uptight in the Guy Ritchie years compared to Ray of Light or MDNA. I think too when her kids were small she was in this serious wife/mother mode and that came across in interviews. It wasn't til Confessions she started to loosen up abit.

You guys are obsessed with Guy Ritchie :rotfl:

Music was astounding in quality and she wasn't restrained or bitchy or cold in this era at all

Sometimes I wonder if some of you think that Guy Ritchie forced her to write the children's books as well :lmao: