The power of Madonna!!!! New fan

karbatal

So my bf is not into Madonna very much. He's much into vocalist, you know, and voice technic and things like that and his idea of Madonna was this old hag dancing around in her underwear doing some mimicks. But he's very much into espiritual things, so i told him yesterday "hey Jari, just watch a bit of this concert" and played the whole Redemption part of MDNA

He got goosebumps! He was mesmerized with I'm a Sinner/Cyberraga and was blown away with Like a Prayer! He even told me "oh, next tour we go there". He as a bit 'scared' because he says i'm changing him too much.

The only negative part is that is a pity that Madonna does so much postproduction in her tours. I mean, i watched the other day 'Celebration' from the MDNA but from YouTube and she was singing live. And in the DVD she's not. And for Like a Prayer, Jari told me "oh, she's miming". He knows because he learned a lot about music and knows just when you move your microphone how the voice changes. I explained to him that it was live normally but in the DVD it's much more arranged. And he told me "well, it's a pity because every person who knows a bit about music will think that she can't sing live"

So, at the very end, Madonna is to blame when some people don't give her credit!

Months and months ago I was at my best friends house and when his back was turned I took control of the TV and started clicking on youtube clips of the show from the first section. He put up a big stink but eventually he shut the fuck up and sat there and watched.

He is someone that ALWAYS hates on her. Most of the time I think its simply because he is trying to egg me on, :lol: but even he had nothing negative to say after I showed him the clips. He even said something like, "I didn't know you could airbrush youtube videos."

Translation: His way of saying Madonna looked good without having to say it.

My straight roommate laughed at me when I said I needed the TV to myself Tuesday night (the night the DVD came out).

The moment GGW started, he was mermerized. By the end of Gang Bang, he yelled, "That was awesome!" He loved I'm a Sinner, Open Your Heart, Celebration. At the end he said, I kid you not, "I had no idea she did all that, or that she rethought old songs. Thank you."

But I agree about the downside of messing with her vocals too much. People notice and then they think she can't sing live.

Those stories about new fans doesn't surprise me tbh. Any person who REALLY hates on her and call a "talentless slut who became famous only by selling sex" just doesn't know anything about her discography or her as an artist. I do have a friend who's not exactly a fan but he pretty much dislikes pop music yet he started to really respect Madonna since he discovered her discography and tours (because of me lol).

The truth is: even if Madonna is the best selling female artist ever, she's also VERY underrated. Even with all her accomplishments, a lot of people still think she's a talentless disco bitch. I think it's mostly because of the medias who talk shit about her all the time.

I made my über-heterosexual older brother watch CT & S&S back to back. He wanted to borrow BOTH DVD's by the end of the night :wow:

He too complimented her reinventions; he thought the original version of Hung Up was 'gay as hell' but the rockified, Pantera 2008 remix was right up his alley. He's seen the light, yall!

Those stories about new fans doesn't surprise me tbh. Any person who REALLY hates on her and call a "talentless slut who became famous only by selling sex" just doesn't know anything about her discography or her as an artist. I do have a friend who's not exactly a fan but he pretty much dislikes pop music yet he started to really respect Madonna since he discovered her discography and tours (because of me lol).

The truth is: even if Madonna is the best selling female artist ever, she's also VERY underrated. Even with all her accomplishments, a lot of people still think she's a talentless disco bitch. I think it's mostly because of the medias who talk shit about her all the time.

this, but also because, imo, of how she presented herself on various occasions (not that i blame her, but it's how she is perceived)

answering to karbatal, i always hate that in her tour dvds they "adjust" their voice instead of keeping with the original (even if it's off key sometimes...)

We have just watched the LAV waltz and Love Spent and he told me that the audio for Love Spent was not the one from the images. It's simply a pity because her voice is so amazing there! And it's clearly live, but not from that footage.

My big hunk Bulgar macho cried at the end of Love Spent (I had explained all the Guy Ritchie story). He cries a lot when people are misrespected. He's an angel.

this, but also because, imo, of how she presented herself on various occasions (not that i blame her, but it's how she is perceived)

answering to karbatal, i always hate that in her tour dvds they "adjust" their voice instead of keeping with the original (even if it's off key sometimes...)

True.

We have just watched the LAV waltz and Love Spent and he told me that the audio for Love Spent was not the one from the images. It's simply a pity because her voice is so amazing there! And it's clearly live, but not from that footage.

My big hunk Bulgar macho cried at the end of Love Spent (I had explained all the Guy Ritchie story). He cries a lot when people are misrespected. He's an angel.

Are you serious with this?

Which part? The audio one? I was very very sure that LAP or LS was live,but it seems to be live vocals from different performances or from another performance. When Madonna moves the microphone, the voice doesn't change as it should be (according to my boy, maybe he's wrong but i trust him, he did loads of singing lessons and music lessons some years ago).

So my bf is not into Madonna very much. He's much into vocalist, you know, and voice technic and things like that and his idea of Madonna was this old hag dancing around in her underwear doing some mimicks. But he's very much into espiritual things, so i told him yesterday "hey Jari, just watch a bit of this concert" and played the whole Redemption part of MDNA

He got goosebumps! He was mesmerized with I'm a Sinner/Cyberraga and was blown away with Like a Prayer! He even told me "oh, next tour we go there". He as a bit 'scared' because he says i'm changing him too much.

The only negative part is that is a pity that Madonna does so much postproduction in her tours. I mean, i watched the other day 'Celebration' from the MDNA but from YouTube and she was singing live. And in the DVD she's not. And for Like a Prayer, Jari told me "oh, she's miming". He knows because he learned a lot about music and knows just when you move your microphone how the voice changes. I explained to him that it was live normally but in the DVD it's much more arranged. And he told me "well, it's a pity because every person who knows a bit about music will think that she can't sing live"

So, at the very end, Madonna is to blame when some people don't give her credit!

edit: ok i just watched it again to get a better idea of it. they edited it too much and he bases it off that. i know she sang it 100% live every time i saw her because she always sounded different and just.. "live". you know it when you hear it. you can clearly hear they didn't touch the end notes of LAP as much on the dvd when she stands in front of the crowd. it sounds more "live" than the middle bits. but yes when she walks around on stage she always sounds the same.

i know what you mean with madonna (or her people) sometimes ruining it by trying to "perfect" everything.

love your friend's taste tho. he loves what I love the most on the tour as well ;)

but that said it's mostly the media that just ruins it. she shows her boob in a performance where it makes sense and has a message and they completely change its concept to "flashing her tit for headlines.." same with the "crocodile tears" during lav.. they've always done that. they treat her so unfairly compared to other artists. they're saying she is in poor taste and so desperate to release a pic of herself with a gun 2 days after a shooting.. and it's for her secret project, which of course they purposely fail to mention (the SP announcement is known as that's where the pic is meant for in the first place. i don't see them pulling that shit for other artists.)