karbatal

Best Like a Prayer?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Best Like a Prayer in a Tour?

THAT WAS REALLY RAELLY REALLY TOUGH!!!

Reinvention was def out of the mix for me. SO DULL

BA is CLASSIC

S&S was fucking EPIC seeing LIVE

SUPERBOWL does it for me. The environment, the energy, the stage design, the amazing exit, the mix of the song...it is such a special moment for Madonna...

(MDNA was just a rehash of that..)

Blond Ambition and MDNA are the only ones that matter

Everything else....

329304_original.gif

Though Live8 was nice

And Sticky Theater Extravaganza was cool.

But really, just BA and MDNA

For me, it would be the Blonde Ambition version or the MDNA version. In the MDNA version I particularly like the part near the end where the chords sound a bit different from in the original (I'm not sure how to describe it technically, maybe major instead of minor?). It's from about the 4:40 mark in the video posted above. I think the plodding RIT version sucked the life out of the song, to be honest.

It's tough because i like BA so much that sometimes i have to think it over. LAP in BA is gorgeous, but the song has so much history when she performs it now. The Superbowl was incredible, but too "cold". MDNA is simply Madonna giving her love.

So yes, it's either BA or MDNA.

what do you mean? People didn't sing??????? Not even in front of Madonna holding her mic?

Just felt the bad singing on the dvd ruined the version yeah it was nice showing the interaction with the fans but I would just preferred to hear madonna singing.

MDNA! It was perfection and the audience LOVED IT. I liked it even more after watching the dvd with all the clips from different cities singing along, it was emotional for me. :wow:

BAT comes in close second, although I believe that if I would've seen it live it would be my number 1.

There seemed to be a sense of finality of the MDNA performance. I don't think we will see it performed again because let's admit it, LAP in MDNA was the way it was always supposed to be performed - No theatrics, Crazy rave reinvention or boring RIT kabbalah gimmicks. It took 24 years to get it right unfortunately and I think even M knows it. You had the choir and the arrangement was the one we've all grown to love. Classic. If you consider the context of that part of that show, Redemption, she truly owned it during her performance given MDNA's emotional arc, and Like A Prayer is really about finding light, joy and love.

MDNA, no question.

Edited by cameron_sison

But what about "Hope for Haiti"?

Sweet for the occasion! But those vocals were pretty awful.

I personally think the S&S version has the biggest punch. It really grabs you. And I love the sample of "Feels Like Home" in it.

Of course, BA is classic. Superbowl was quite surreal based on the fact, it was performed for a crowd of people who aren't huge fans of her. It obvously was a great choice as it has become one of her biggest signature songs that is univerally loved. MDNA was pretty much an extension of that performance.

if everyone loves MDNA so much....Why is Superbowl being overlooked?! MDNA IS Superbowl! (Minus audience interactions, but same setup with choir and musical arrangments...kind of..lol) MINUS YUCKY CEDRIC the entertainer though, Superbowl is everything!

if everyone loves MDNA so much....Why is Superbowl being overlooked?! MDNA IS Superbowl! (Minus audience interactions, but same setup with choir and musical arrangments...kind of..lol) MINUS YUCKY CEDRIC the entertainer though, Superbowl is everything!

It's incredible too, but it's Madonna the star delivering, not Madonna the artist. I don't know if i explain myself. Ok, i choose MDNA. (the first time ever that BA doesn't come first for me!!!!!!)

To see the S&S Version LIVE is an experience. Sorry yall, but :wow:

I know LAP is one her 'classics' but it never really did anything for me, musically! Way too dated (don't crucify me, I was a young fag at the time). But once I witnessed it, remixed and amplified as it was in 2008, I was CONVERTED. And it aint just me, it was the crowd favorite!

I'll probably be the only vote, but as far as I'm concerned it's the ONLY performance tht matters.

Guest bluejean

MDNA version is the best vocally, very powerful and a great performance but nothing could ever top the musical arrangement and the incredible performance of BAT. THAT is perfection.

PS don't forget the American Life promo tour and the Haiti A Capella versions.