Appreciate: Giovanni Bianco

ryan

I most likely will not win on this for 2 album covers, so I'm NOT even gonna post them! :lol:

But he has designed some fabulous fucking work for the queen:

W_MADONNAUNBOUND_2003_001.jpg

%20XSTATIC_001.jpg

XSTATIC_003.jpg

MADONNA_REINVENTIONTOUR_001.jpg

MADONNA_REINVENTION_2004_001.jpg

MADONNA_REINVENTION_2004_002.jpg

MADONNA_REINVENTION_2004_011.jpg

MADONNA_MDNA_TOUR_2012_001.jpg

MADONNA_MDNA_TOUR_2012_018.jpg

MADONNA_MDNA_001.jpg

Didn't know this guy by name (thank you for bringing it to my attention). Oh god don't even get me started on that W cover, photoshoot and REINVENTION TOUR PROGRAM. We'll be here all day. Reinvention Tour Program was her best ever. Loved it all so much and these works are big reasons why I love the American Life era. Love the music and everything (Remixes were grand!) but her photo work during those days (I count as AL Era) were some of her modern best.

RIT is prob her best tour book since BAT. He did the one for Confessions which was FUCKING UGLY-her all time worst! :lol: He did improve it though when he did the packaging for the DVD (yes, and I don't even mind the cover)

The Sticky Theater Extravaganza was lovely, that's about it.

But MDNA is gorgeous! It's everything CT tries to be. It's subtle, yet well executed. Lots of contrast, and lots of beautiful imagery.

He's fab.

Guest Not4Pussies

No... I wish I could do that, but my conscience doesn't allow it :lol:

What about you?

i use the original one but want to use one of the fan made covers i posted for the unreleased demos

I like the second one you posted Mat.Guy. I actually like that concept, of removing the candy theme compltely and sticking to what the original photos meant. I would have just called the album "Give it 2 Me" though. I've been meaning to re-make a cover n booklet a lot like that, I've started it but never got around to finishing it.

I found another one in that style that I just love:

jgif7m.jpg

This was the one I was working on a few months ago, still need to do more work for it thought

16kple.png

As much as I love the fan made covers, and love making them too, I would never use them or replace them. I like to keep my itunes library as official as possible. I actually really don't mind Hard Candy. It's not my all time favorite cover, but I like it for what it is.

RIT Tour Book really is something special!

Oh and let's not talk about alternative HC covers again, it's just depressing... :laugh:

That's why I didn't bother including it in the first post. I know how people feel about the cover. It's kinda the same thing with COADf.

That's why I didn't bother including it in the first post. I know how people feel about the cover. It's kinda the same thing with COADf.

Actually I don't mind it that much. I like the image (although there are better ones from the shoot). That whole old hooker look kinda fit at that time and was ballsy and provocative, which is good. But the tacky candy theme ruined everything. It's just sad seeing that most fan made covers look so much better.

That said, I do like the name Hard Candy. It sounds more like an album title than Give It 2 Me, if that makes sense. Just a feeling

I like the second one you posted Mat.Guy. I actually like that concept, of removing the candy theme compltely and sticking to what the original photos meant. I would have just called the album "Give it 2 Me" though. I've been meaning to re-make a cover n booklet a lot like that, I've started it but never got around to finishing it.

I found another one in that style that I just love:

jgif7m.jpg

This was the one I was working on a few months ago, still need to do more work for it thought

16kple.png

As much as I love the fan made covers, and love making them too, I would never use them or replace them. I like to keep my itunes library as official as possible. I actually really don't mind Hard Candy. It's not my all time favorite cover, but I like it for what it is

I agree with everything you said!

In the beginning, I always thought "Give It 2 Me" would be a better title and I also thought they should have sticked with the original idea of the shoot. Of course I've learned to love Hard Candy and the cover as well! It's very Madonna I guess.

Ohhhh that picture that you were working on is one of my favorites!!! You should finish one day and if you do, please share with us. I would like to see very much! It looks promising.

I can't change the covers too. I'm very extremist about covers. :lol: BTW I hate how on iTunes the singles covers become the official album covers on display. Do you get what I mean? Grrrr...