who else loves Stay '81??

Genevieve Vavance

Guest rayoflightCOADF

ive been getting into 80s stuff again.

palying all of madonnas old stuff.....just picked up Cyndi lauper and culture club cds this week.

im in a retro mood lately. :mohawk::madonna2::phoneslut::fag:

love love love the 80s. Culture Club is so great. Wish I was in my 20s during the 80's in NYC that's my "midnight in Paris" time frame for sure LOL

Yes it was. Steve Bray wrote a bit about the songs and what state of quality they were in when he was collecting them for the release, I'll have to check the liner notes again, but I believe

he said Stay ('81) was not the best quality so he had to recreate most of the music. Its pretty true to the original though.

I think this song (of all the early recordings) is my favorite simply because its got all the elements of a classic Madonna song: it's danceable, emotional vocal delivery, simple yet effective lyrics, and a wee bit of sadness. I love the good ol' Desperadonna songs.

:clap::inlove:

:)

I scanned the liner notes, i was almost right LOL.

ScannedImage132570000_zps384da750.jpg

You actually got it the other way around ;) Since the vocals were premixed with the music they couldn't really reconstruct this one. So it's presented pretty much as it was.

I think everyone loves it!

This is one of the highlights from Pre-Madonna, along with "Laughing..." and "Don't You Know."

Madonna did 80's music so well. Looking back, the first album is such a stellar mix of what the 80's represent. I'm so glad Bray managed to get this little collection out in the open. It's fantastic! An item every fan should have!

You actually got it the other way around ;) Since the vocals were premixed with the music they couldn't really reconstruct this one. So it's presented pretty much as it was.

Yeah, that kinda what i meant by 'almost'. Since Stay '81 and Dont You Know became Stay from LAV, after 15 or so years,my memory switched it. Glad I read through the liner notes, though. The descriptions are brief, but detailed. Hearing the 4 song demo that had become almost legendary in the Madonna Myth, its a lovely companion to the Madonna album.

on a side note Burning Up is on Pre-Madonna, too… but it wasn't on the 4 track demo tape for Sire Records.

It's interesting that Paul Pesco is credited for guitar on these tracks..., was he brought back in 1997 to play the guitar in the remastering/re-recording, or did he play guitar on the original 1981 demos? If so, I had no idea that M's working relationship with Paul started that early on.

Yeah, that kinda what i meant by 'almost'. Since Stay '81 and Dont You Know became Stay from LAV, after 15 or so years,my memory switched it. Glad I read through the liner notes, though. The descriptions are brief, but detailed. Hearing the 4 song demo that had become almost legendary in the Madonna Myth, its a lovely companion to the Madonna album.

on a side note Burning Up is on Pre-Madonna, too… but it wasn't on the 4 track demo tape for Sire Records.

Who cares that you were wrong? You're beautiful which trumps everything.