MadonnaNation.com Forums
XXL

MDNA Tour DVD/Blu-Ray. Reports of defective Blu-Ray discs!

lori    0

I was at the MDNA premiere in NY & I swear I thought the dubbing was really impressive...everything looked & sounded like every song was sung live. The blu-ray however, ATROCIOUS! What the fuck did they do to screw this up. Now it's just the reverse...practically every song looks lipped. And of course, the audio is very bad as well. Don't know if my blu-ray was defective or that's just the way it is. I returned my copy to Amazon & hopefully the replacement will be significantly better.

VogueMusic    0

Why is it always something with Madonna products? Do other artists have this problem? Maybe they do and I just don't notice because I don't troll their forums...

I've only had time to watch the first act, but I did notice on my DVD that some of the footage looks pretty low-quality - not much better than some of the YouTube videos of the projections screens at the actual shows. And as expected, the editing is atrocious, with not one shot lasting longer than one second. It's nauseating. And of course her overdubbed vocals are embarrassing. But what can I say? This is middle-aged Madonna's m.o.

I do have to say that GGW has some stuff going on that I didn't notice in concert, like the different pillars rising and falling. And GB was clearly meant for the screen and not the stage. It just didn't work for me live, but it was quite cool on the DVD. It's obvious she just tried to translate her video ideas to the stage and I don't think it really worked.

I've dealt with defective product form other artists and companies. It happens. They mass produce these suckers...glitches happen. It sucks...but hey, that's reality.

Just because we're super picky on everything Madonna does, doesn't mean it's exclusive to her.... so, no.

As for the show, I think her ideas translated just fine. In fact, they translate better to film than live.

ryan    0

Wait, they used like camera phone shots? Like ones uploaded to youtube? :lmao:

You're noticing that now? It was always there, since the Epix broadcast. It's used in the very very begining, the red tinted footage, from the top of the stadium looking down to the audience...

Nikki    0

I was at the MDNA premiere in NY & I swear I thought the dubbing was really impressive...everything looked & sounded like every song was sung live. The blu-ray however, ATROCIOUS! What the fuck did they do to screw this up. Now it's just the reverse...practically every song looks lipped. And of course, the audio is very bad as well. Don't know if my blu-ray was defective or that's just the way it is. I returned my copy to Amazon & hopefully the replacement will be significantly better.

did some intern try to ruin this or what?

pedrohdi    0

I hope there's a recall or at least a new edition! Funny that neither interscope, Live Nation or Madonna's camp have adressed this matter. Not even the biggest fan sites! Weird!

VogueMusic    0

^ Because there was a royal fuckup of a production error on the part of the manufacturing company.

It's not the first time defective discs have happened...it won't be the last.
And now it is their responsibility to fix it...and it seems they are, so far.....

joe    0

You're noticing that now? It was always there, since the Epix broadcast. It's used in the very very begining, the red tinted footage, from the top of the stadium looking down to the audience...

I thought that at the end of IDGA, like just before she walks to the pillars, the shot looks identical to a fan-uploaded one with an added filter, but then I thought it must just be a coincidence that they professional filmed

hawes-king    0

^ Because there was a royal fuckup of a production error on the part of the manufacturing company.

It's not the first time defective discs have happened...it won't be the last.

And now it is their responsibility to fix it...and it seems they are, so far.....

Is there plans to reissue the discs?

ryan    0

Is there plans to reissue the discs?

I know Amazon is. I think people from certain countries mentioned of a recall in their area, but I think that might be from amazon as well.

Someone did mention that Universal/Interscope would be posting an official letter about the recall/issue, but we haven't heard anything about that since...

About the pic Hector posted. That def is not intentional, grain should not be lightening the image like that. I remember there being a lot of grain in certain shots of the broadcast, but it was still dark and didn't alter or destroy the picture quality like that picture.

magom    0

Not that I care anymore... But, would this mess affect sales of the items?

Suedehead    0

My Blu-Ray just arrived - I ordered it back in the day from Amazon France because the UK was taking so long to update their Amazon page. Have there been any reports about defective BluRays from France? I've not put it on yet. I'm off to bed now so will find out tomorrow I spose.

Guest Rachelle of London   
Guest Rachelle of London

I've put the CD on in my car and the volume of the songs keeps dipping, sometimes its loud, then it goes a bit quieter, then back to being loud again. I never touched the dial, and I doubt theres a ghost in my car

The HD version on iTunes is identical to the Blu Ray. The grain is intentional. The audio is still inconsistent, for example the last chorus in "Masterpiece" is ridiculously bass heavy compared to the rest of the song but on a whole the 5.1 mix is good.

vocalism    0

Watched some more just now. One thing that bothers me is the different costumes during TUTR. Obviously it wasn't a mistake to include various looks, but it sort of looks like a continuity error.

Also, anyone else notice that BTW isn't credited under the writer credits for EY in the booklet?

le smoking    0

Has anyone in Canada managed to find the deluxe? I've been to every single store in Toronto and they've all said that it's "on order". I'm starting to wonder that like America, we're not even getting it?!

Not4Pussies    0

i havent even bought my copy. i remember when drowned world, confessions and sticky & sweet were released i was so excited

but i dont seem to be for this one and i loved the mdna tour. what is wrong with me?

also why are madonna's video releases so shitty? Celebration DVD and now this?

VogueMusic    0

So if one was going to order one of the Deluxe DVD/CD packages from in the US, which Amazon (or other online retailer that ships to the US) should I order it from?

I might wait a few weeks, or more, until this whole issue is taken care of...but the combo packs weren't affected right?