Question: Where can I find M's "A Body Of Work" documentary from MTV

zephyralexxx

I have it on tape somewhere but not in the best quality. Hopefully someone with a better transfer can get it online. I remember MTV aired it the night before Bedtime Stories came out and it was the first time a lot of us heard bits of "Human Nature", "Take A Bow" and "Bedtime Story". :wow:

• 3 weeks later...

I use to have VHS tape after VHS tape of a lot of those Madonna Day MTV/VH1 marathons. I don't think I have them anymore. I believe when we were moving out of my childhood home 4 years ago, I decided to give in and just throw them out, as I didn't have any method of technology in storing them digitally. Shame.

I also have it on tape somewhere; haven't watched it on eons.

It's a number of her videos, with some interview segments throughout.

so nothing new, nothing made specific for that special only a compilation of old interviews?

Anyone know which interview is this

tumblr_mt16z4UnEi1qby26vo1_400.gif

I think I haven't watched it

Guest bluejean

It's actually from a show called 'Hey Hey It's Saturday' which Molly did a weekly segment on. They did afew episodes in LA referred to as 'Hey Hey It's Hollywood' and that prerecorded interview was featured. She was in a weird mood. I have it on tape somewhere, it's pretty short I think.

Guest bluejean

Yes she does actually. They have been friends on some level for years. He had an accident falling off a ladder in late 2011 and Madonna actually sent something to Australian media to wish him well.

http://mobile.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/molly-meldrum-in-critical-condition-after-fall-from-ladder-report/story-e6frfmqi-1226223355193

I would say he's one of the few journalists/interviewers Madonna truly likes along with Kurt Loader and David Letterman.

Guest bluejean

You don't think she likes Ruby Wax and Vanessa Feltz? :chuckle:

Who is Vanessa Feltz? I'm pretty sure Ruby Wax hasn't entered her mind in over 15 years

Or was she trying to be funny?

I'm not truly convinced Madonna let Lourdes feed on her nipples anyway.

There are pictures to prove it!

Guest Pud Whacker

Who's the koo koo Portuguese woman interviewer? She had a few Madonna an exclusives back in the day. Now she just makes her way to the junkets. Always trying to let Madonna have it.

And I love that Molly one!! While she was filming MTV 10.

Does Madonna even remember who Molly Meldrum is?

Molly Meldrum often talks about his friendship with Madonna and only this year listed interviewing her and becoming her friend as one of the highlights of his career.

Does anyone here have the footage of a question and answer press conference with a big audience that Madonna was doing for Evita and Molly Meldrum asked a question. She gave Molly a lovely smile and went out of her way to say "hi Molly" or something like that. I rememeber thinking at the time how happy she seemed to see him. She has always talked about how much she loved Molly and even asked MTV once to fly him over from Australia to interview her.

So you lucky people from all over the world, we may not see Madonna tour, but she does love Molly. :laugh:

• 3 months later...

Just read the original question of this thread. I also unsuccesfully looked "long and hard" for the MTV Body of Work program online. Reason: in my recollection it was an insanely great and comprehensive 3 hour something chronologic overview of Madonna's career up to that point, with lots of interviews, special footage, videoclips, performances etc.

Would love to see it again...

I remember A Body of Work from MTV, it aired the night before Bedtime Stories came out and my 13th birthday!

MTV did a longer and much more indeph 4 HOUR documentary around the release of Ray of Light in '98, does anyone remember that one?

MTV used to be so great back then, now it's just a reality TV joke.

Guest Rocco Papa

The 1998 Special was called VIDEOGRAPHY (at least on MTV Italy). I watched it 100 times back in the day. I have it on vhs.

me too!! that special was great. they played lots of rare, vintage clips from the "week in rock" segments they used to air. luckily, I became a fan when I did, cuz I caught it on MTV2 in '03. the weekend before "American Life" came out, they aired a marathon of all the Madonna shows MTV did back in the day. Breakfast/Dinner w/Madonna, the making of "Take a Bow," "Bedtime Story" pajama party, etc. so i was able to get caught up. I don't think they ever aired them again.

Guest ditaluver

I have at least a dozen Vhs tapes that are filled with mtv specials. I'm pretty sure it's on there. I have no vcr though. Not sure how to get the shit off them