Rumors of M for Glastonbury festival

Ringmybell

Organisers of Britain's biggest rock festival have sparked speculation over the headline acts for 2014 by stating they have never played the event - fuelling rumours Prince and Madonna are in the frame.

Glastonbury festival boss Michael Eavis has revealed he is on the verge of signing the main stage headline acts for the 2014 three-day event, and he has teased fans by revealing all three performers are Glastonbury virgins.

It has sparked furious speculation as to who the star turns could be, with Prince and Madonna among the main contenders for fans.

The announcement also kills hopes David Bowie will make his live comeback at Glastonbury 2014 - he has performed at the event twice before.

Eavis tells NME: "Next year's headliners are more or less in place. They're three bands who haven't played Glastonbury, and that's important. There aren't many bands left who haven't played the festival, and before we run out I'd like to persuade the ones on my wish list to come down. I think I've managed that with these three."

WENN

http://au.news.yahoo.com/entertainment/a/-/entertainment/18795713/rumours-of-prince-madonna-for-glastonbury/

nme says nothing about Madonna... only Prince

www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/who-are-the-glastonbury-virgins-michael-eavis-is-tipping-to-headline

pff i thought yahoo is accurate...

Ive been to Glastonbury the last few times it has been on, it is WITHOUT DOUBT the greatest festival of all time. Rolling Stones this year were incredible as was (to mine and my friends surprise) Beyonce in 2011 :lmao:

I can see Madonna at Glastonubury.

I would LOVE it to be Madonna & Prince. My first thought when I heard was Aerosmith and Fleetwood Mac ... has either of them done Glasto?

and on the back of their reissues and upcoming album, I'd say the third is bound to be Bananarama :)

Michael Eavis who is Mr Glastonbury said several years ago he would have considered Madonna ten years before that but not then and implied she was passed her best. He could have changed his mind but that does remain to be seen.

My mate is a keen "real music" enthusiast and regular Glastonbury attendee and he is texting me all sorts of links about this and himself v excited. I'd already planned to go with him next year

Bet it won't happen

Michael Eavis who is Mr Glastonbury said several years ago he would have considered Madonna ten years before that but not then and implied she was passed her best. He could have changed his mind but that does remain to be seen.

The fuck is wrong with him........?

How do you get tickets for this festival. I want to go.

I think you need to register interest and then the tickets go on sale on one day but usually sells out straight away. It's so popular I don't think you can sell the tickets on as there was a huge ticket tout problem so you have to take ID that matches your ticket.

You ring for tickets in October (they sold out in an hour last year) you have to be registered beforehand as all tickets are registered to whoever gets the ticket (your photo is on the ticket so you cant sell it on) You pay £50 deposit then the rmaining £150 you pay in April or I think May the following year. Anyone that doesnt purchase the ticket at that time, gets 40 quid of their 40 deposit back then the tickets are put up for re-sale in May.

You can register with a photo on the Glastonbury site now.

Booking a ticket to Glastonbury is like booking a flight with all that registration and stuff required these days, but it's good they are trying to make tickets go to fans and not to touts/scampers/brokers

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/

Would be good if M plays there sometime, but if she doesn't have a new album next year, would she really do a greatest hits show?

Plus Will selldonna make a range off rain boots to mark the occasion if she does play there....