I WANT A NEW ALBUM

elijah

How many years till we get what we all want  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be an eternity again?

• Next year
    • NEVER

Your randomness is only ironically funny.

Oh I do it IRL too. I will do a headstand, twerk, talk about huge uncut Greek cocks, sing the Three's Company theme song, blow bubbles, do the running man in the middle of conversations and at family dinners!

Feels like she is waiting too long to release any new music between albums. It would be awesome if she can release new music soon right on the heels of the MDNA Blue-Ray and Secret Project. Remastered and expanded versions of prior albums and a Blond Ambition/Re-Invention Live DVD would make me a happy fan too(I know like that would ever happen!!).

1385041_557300051030485_2021780238_n.jpg

:rotfl:

Oh I do it IRL too. I will do a headstand, twerk, talk about huge uncut Greek cocks, sing the Three's Company theme song, blow bubbles, do the running man in the middle of conversations and at family dinners!

:dead:

I would love an album inspired by her own secret project. Like her tour it would begin dark and aggressive and blend into an end of joy and hope.

I want another critically acclaimed and Grammy winning album with depth and thought provoking lyrics with more ballads and new pave the way uptempos.

I think that what most people are trying to suggest by implying she needs to release something more "mature" is experimental sonically. Ray Of Light was experimental, now it's a classic, but when it came out it was innovative for mainstream pop. She needs to experiment again and go avant garde

I think,lyrically,she needs to go deeper.Stuff like "Girls Gone Wild" and "Turn Up The Radio" is alot of fun,but she's got to have more on her mind than just going to a club and dancing all night.I want more songs of SUBSTANCE.

I think,lyrically,she needs to go deeper.Stuff like "Girls Gone Wild" and "Turn Up The Radio" is alot of fun,but she's got to have more on her mind than just going to a club and dancing all night.I want more songs of SUBSTANCE.

I wouldn't consider MDNA to be an album solely about going out and partying and clubbing though. She touches on many more subjects on the album.

I would love an album inspired by her own secret project. Like her tour it would begin dark and aggressive and blend into an end of joy and hope.

I want another critically acclaimed and Grammy winning album with depth and thought provoking lyrics with more ballads and new pave the way uptempos.

I don't know... the best Madonna records have been the ones where she did everything effortlessly. I'm afraid that when she tries too hard the results are a bit "weird", like American Life or Erotica. Wonderful albums but responsible of her biggest flops.

I'm afraid that when she tries too hard the results are a bit "weird", like American Life or Erotica. Wonderful albums but responsible of her biggest flops.

Tries too hard? Erotica was produced under causal circumstance and remains one of her finest creations. American Life was producer driven and filled with the kind of abrupt shifts that let you know the process of making that album was intense.

Tries too hard? Erotica was produced under causal circumstance and remains one of her finest creations. American Life was producer driven and filled with the kind of abrupt shifts that let you know the process of making that album was intense.

Agree.

I don't undrestand why are people so obsessed with sales and charts. Erotica wasn't a flop commercialy, but it was a flop for Madonna standards. Anyway, Erotica sold about 7 millions copies. HC and MDNA are Madonna's worst selling albums. Commerical success doesn't represents album's quality.

Erotica is one of Madonna's masterpieces, she was working hard on it and the album shows that.

I always have feeling that some fans like more Madonna the entertainer with cheap and fun songs (GGW, 4 Minutes...) and don't like Madonna the music artist and her more serious works. Those fans don't undrestand when other fans have high standards for her, becuase the truth is she always could have made some bad songs better.

It seems like if Madonna would make another Bedtime Story, fans would't like it because it isn't maisntream and catchy. They would like something like GGW. If I want another GGW I would listen to the popular trash music on the charts.

The main theme was reduction.

The tour WAS the era was the album was the theme. There was no theme because she "reduced" her career from MADONNA to MDNA - get it? It was basically a greatest hits era that wasn't really a greatest hits era. It's almost as if she was restating her whole career and imagery as if to remind people that she still is who she is - probably in an attempt to show that she can do Madonna better than Lady Gaga can do Madonna. I assume that this reduction was needed to get the general public into stadium seats; by wooing them with Like A Prayer (the only song that anyone knows, it seems).

Oh, the Adidas arm-warmers were a central element, too - image-wise. I thought they were cool.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be great if Madonna on a new album only works with women as with Nervo, Sia, Audrey Napoleon ...

• 2 weeks later...

Agree.

I don't undrestand why are people so obsessed with sales and charts. Erotica wasn't a flop commercialy, but it was a flop for Madonna standards. Anyway, Erotica sold about 7 millions copies. HC and MDNA are Madonna's worst selling albums. Commerical success doesn't represents album's quality.

Erotica is one of Madonna's masterpieces, she was working hard on it and the album shows that.

I always have feeling that some fans like more Madonna the entertainer with cheap and fun songs (GGW, 4 Minutes...) and don't like Madonna the music artist and her more serious works. Those fans don't undrestand when other fans have high standards for her, becuase the truth is she always could have made some bad songs better.

It seems like if Madonna would make another Bedtime Story, fans would't like it because it isn't maisntream and catchy. They would like something like GGW. If I want another GGW I would listen to the popular trash music on the charts.

I think most fans would like a really artistic album, even if it's not very commercial. General critics from fans are that her lyrics are sometimes too lazy and that she is able to deliver better singles. If fans wanted mainstream and commercial, they would be praising GGW, which is not the case.

I think most fans would like a really artistic album, even if it's not very commercial. General critics from fans are that her lyrics are sometimes too lazy and that she is able to deliver better singles. If fans wanted mainstream and commercial, they would be praising GGW, which is not the case.

I agree in this day and age why bother with trying 2 cater 2 radio...She can still sell 2m albums on the strength of her name alone, and I believe she would actually sell more with good word of mouth rather than having just one single make it 2 the top ten cuz it's easy 2 digest. Plus, and not that I care, it would b better 4 her reputation.

I agree in this day and age why bother with trying 2 cater 2 radio...She can still sell 2m albums on the strength of her name alone, and I believe she would actually sell more with good word of mouth rather than having just one single make it 2 the top ten cuz it's easy 2 digest. Plus, and not that I care, it would b better 4 her reputation.

Preach this. While I think historically M is known as a pop artist, her actual legacy, and what people expect from her, is something more risky, experimental and artistic. She's always going to sell records, no one cares about a catchy single, but a stunning video, a different song, that would get attention.

Guest Not4Pussies

you always say the right things. kudos.

I don't mind if she goes more artistic and innovative, even though I love MDNA. But the one thing I ask is I hope she doesn't go more "mature" like people are going on about. I don't want her to do any type of MOR/AC boring music like Elton John or whoever or even back to the Something to Remember era, I like youthful cool Madonna even though people complain she's jumping on trends or trying to be young etc.

I don't mind if she goes more artistic and innovative, even though I love MDNA. But the one thing I ask is I hope she doesn't go more "mature" like people are going on about. I don't want her to do any type of MOR/AC boring music like Elton John or whoever or even back to the Something to Remember era, I like youthful cool Madonna even though people complain she's jumping on trends or trying to be young etc.

More mature sound doesn't mean AC music or ballads. Serious music doesn't have to be something avant-garde, mature sound can be fun too.

LAP, E, ROL - they all are mature and artsitic. Fans want that kind of stuff. Music that make you think, feel and dance.

I don't understand why do you always think of AC music when someone mentions mature music.

More mature sound doesn't mean AC music or ballads. Serious music doesn't have to be something avant-garde, mature sound can be fun too.

LAP, E, ROL - they all are mature and artsitic. Fans want that kind of stuff. Music that make you think, feel and dance.

I don't understand why do you always think of AC music when someone mentions mature music.

I don't mind at all if she does something like LAP, Erotica or ROL. But I think of AC music when people say mature, because most artists when they talk about being mature or grown up, usually change to that kind of music. To me, Madonna has to keep a certain fun and dance element to what she does or she's not Madonna.

I don't mind at all if she does something like LAP, Erotica or ROL. But I think of AC music when people say mature, because most artists when they talk about being mature or grown up, usually change to that kind of music. To me, Madonna has to keep a certain fun and dance element to what she does or she's not Madonna.

Every music genre can be mature. Music and AL also were mature, the passion was evident.

The thing I like about Madonna is mature and artistic pop music. She didn't just make pop songs that were big hits, it really was something great.

Every music genre can be mature. Music and AL also were mature, the passion was evident.

The thing I like about Madonna is mature and artistic pop music. She didn't just make pop songs that were big hits, it really was something great.

Guess we have a different definition of mature. When I hear the word "mature" I think of something that moves away from pop music, into acoustic, slow boring music based around pianos or acoustic guitars with no or few drums or electronic beats which has never been Madonna.