APPRECIATE : Girl Gone Wild

cross

I think this one really captures how epic it was live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRZSsrjqFIM

wowowwoowwowowowowow. OH MY GOD, now i understand why people complain that the DVD doesn't make justice. Those visuals!!!!!! The power and energy! Well, is that Philly show avalaible to download in Torrent or something???

I really like it because it harks back to the Erotica album for me from the point she sings 'It's so hypnotic...' I loved the video, especially the dance segment...the dig at Caca at the end was also a nice touch. I love the MDNA tour version too. The song is obviously not on par with the Madonna canon like Vogue, Into the Groove or Like a Prayer but it's definitely on par with songs like Deeper and Deeper and Gambler. I loved the fact that GGW saw the return of one of my all-time favourite Madonna looks too:

GGW on par with Deeper and Deeper and Gambler? OK, Gambler is a weak catchy song, but to compare GGW to Deeper and Deeper is a sin. How can they be on the same level if GGW is just a trashy generic pop song and D&D is a pure pop perfection with mature lyrics.

I like the song much more now after watching the concert. Besides, i LOVE those mashups with Applause, this song with a better voice (not the chipnuk crow) and more up to date production would have been a MONSTER HIT!

I agree about the voice. That's why I really like the "pitch shifted" version someone posted on YouTube a few weeks ago:

If someone has an mp3 of this version, I would really appreciate it if you could post it.

I think the album version of the song is way too overprocessed - it just does not sound naturally. The tour version is better, but her voice was not at her best. The video and performance are cool though.

I agree about the voice. That's why I really like the "pitch shifted" version someone posted on YouTube a few weeks ago:

If someone has an mp3 of this version, I would really appreciate it if you could post it.

Wow this is so much better! Obviously it's not perfect as someone has done this at home. But my god it makes me like a the song bit more. The pitch on the tour version is soooooooooo bad. She'd have been better lowing it.