Donna Delory dishes on Madonna

CMoody

We kinda talked about this a few months ago in a Niki Haris thread, about how Donna was the true mean dog (not Niki) and not as sweet as she comes off as.

And I thought Donna was very into Kaballah and all that stuff....

I adore Niki, Donna I always found boring, she has no personality...but she would do interviews around

the time of BAT & it was quite obvious she wanted 2 b a star. She flopped & then she started drinking

herbal tea....in a nutshell.

I hate how, in the DWT DVD for example, Donna takes her singing to another level like she's in some mystical trance. She'll close her eyes and shit and move her hands in the air like she's going to break into some kind of hindu dance or something. Give it a rest girl.

I hate how, in the DWT DVD for example, Donna takes her singing to another level like she's in some mystical trance. She'll close her eyes and shit and move her hands in the air like she's going to break into some kind of hindu dance or something. Give it a rest girl.

:rotfl:

Nothing negative. If anything, I admire her honesty and the fact she seems to have a balanced perspective.

There is one reason and one reason only that Donna didn't do the Sticky and Sweet Tour - she was pregnant. Here it is from the horse's mouth:

"I remember when Nicki Richards called me from Madonna's promo tour in New York. She told me that they would be calling me to tour for the Sticky and Sweet tour. I was already pregnant with my 2nd child Luciana. I knew that I would not be able to do the tour."

Why let the truth get in the way of a good story, though?

Well, it looks like I was mistaken when I said Donna was dumped but it was an honest mistake. I was sure I'd read another, possibly later interview in which Donna didn't mention being pregnant as the reason for not being part of S&S, and she sounded disappointed not to have been asked, which made me think perhaps the pregnancy thing was a way of saving face. And why didn't she do the Hard Candy promo tour if they weren't aware at that point that she was pregnant and therefore asked her to join S&S? But I've googled it and can't find any other interview so...

Because she asked you to wear a symbolic piece of string as a sign of strength and unity? Okay...

So should the dancers on the MDNA tour have told her to stick her catholic iconography because they didn't wanna wear it?

No. Because if she practices what she preaches, she wouldn't push her belief system on anyone. It may be a representation of strength and unity for her, but that isn't what it represents to me.

The dancers wore what they were told to wear for a stage show.

See the difference?

Guest bluejean

Except even according to that video, Donna didn't say shit to her. She got the solo in LAP because it was the 'gospel' part of the song -I sincerely doubt that Donna ever expected or even wanted that solo.

Me too. It's very obviously not suited to Donna and Donna would surely know that.

I think there's more to it than Siedah realises. Maybe Donna didn't like her for completely different reasons and Siedah just jumped to conclusions based on what others said.

I also find it quite odd that a person who has written numerous hit songs and recorded a #1 duet with Michael Jackson 15 years prior was so ecstatic to get a 30 second solo in Madonna's concert. She sounds like some 20 year old backing singing getting her panties wet over such an opportunity. It's unexpected from someone who has worked in the industry for so long.

And personally I think Donna's role in BAT and TGS was far bigger than some 30 second solo stint on the Reinvention Tour

Guest Rachelle of London

Why do I remember reports of Madonna forcing her dancers to wear red strings on RIT?

Plus the red string M wore on GS was on her right hand, that's a different thing to the Kaballah red string which is worn on the left

I adore Niki, Donna I always found boring, she has no personality...but she would do interviews around

the time of BAT & it was quite obvious she wanted 2 b a star. She flopped & then she started drinking

herbal tea....in a nutshell.

I agree..Donna is one sneaky, shady bitch.

Very passive aggressive ways in her..very much like that Paltrow flop chick.

Guest Rachelle of London

The string on TGS symbolized the number of women who died from complications

due 2 illegal abortions.

Acko I just spat out my drink hahahahhaha

Well, it looks like I was mistaken when I said Donna was dumped but it was an honest mistake. I was sure I'd read another, possibly later interview in which Donna didn't mention being pregnant as the reason for not being part of S&S, and she sounded disappointed not to have been asked, which made me think perhaps the pregnancy thing was a way of saving face. And why didn't she do the Hard Candy promo tour if they weren't aware at that point that she was pregnant and therefore asked her to join S&S? But I've googled it and can't find any other interview so...

All good :) This interview was published last year, so it's pretty recent. As for her not being invited to do the promo tour, maybe they only wanted one back up singer for that particular job and chose Nicki for it? The "saving face" implication might have substance, but it's probably unlikely that Donna would make up a conversation with Nicki when Nicki could very easily dispute that (i.e. it would have made more sense for Donna to say that she was contacted about the tour, without mentioning anyone in particular). It was probably just a case of Guy and Madonna talking about personnel for the promo tour, deciding that they only wanted one back up vocalist for the promo tour, choosing Nicki and then making it clear that they wanted both Donna and Nicki for the full tour.

I find all of these background stories fascinating :)

Jazzyjan - thanks for the love :)

There is one reason and one reason only that Donna didn't do the Sticky and Sweet Tour - she was pregnant. Here it is from the horse's mouth:

"I remember when Nicki Richards called me from Madonna's promo tour in New York. She told me that they would be calling me to tour for the Sticky and Sweet tour. I was already pregnant with my 2nd child Luciana. I knew that I would not be able to do the tour."

Why let the truth get in the way of a good story, though?

That's what I had thought. I thought she was pregnant, but couldn't remember when making my last post. And Nicki (the original) had either been pregnant when RIT came a long, I thought or had some other committment. But yeah, some people rather drum up some sort of animosity.

I miss the days when Donna and Nicki used to tour with Madonna.On the tours that they participated on,Madonna made them a real part of the show.They were very visible.Nowadays,she just sticks her background singers in the background and you don't really see them at all.

Guest bluejean

That's what I had thought. I thought she was pregnant, but couldn't remember when making my last post. And Nicki (the original) had either been pregnant when RIT came a long, I thought or had some other committment. But yeah, some people rather drum up some sort of animosity.

Well Nicki did call Reinvention the Regurgitation Tour. So there was clearly some animosity there. She also appeared on some show discussing Madonna's personal/love life. We can be pretty sure Madonna would HATE an ex employee and friend making money discussing her dirty laundry like that. People say Donna is passive aggressive but in truth I think she just doesn't speak badly about Madonna because she's professional and respectful. And lets be honest both of those 2 would get asked about Madonna everytime they do an interview. They can't really refuse to talk about her since noone would really want to interview them then :lol:

Guest bluejean

Nowadays,she just sticks her background singers in the background and you don't really see them at all.

Background singers stuck in the background? Well I never! :D

Didn't we just discuss all this recently? According to our own lovely m.d.n.a who knows Niki, Donna was asked to do the promo tour but couldn't, after that she was not asked to do the proper tour. Donna did indeed give an interview stating that:

"I remember thinking, “I don’t think it’s going to happen.” I remember in that moment, I already missed it: “I’m not going to be on another Madonna tour!” But she’s a person who moves on. She fills a space and moves on"

But Demure Donna is always philosophical and complimentary about her time with Madonna. Never any shade there AT ALL unlike Niki.

However much the story has changed over the years, it's a fact that Niki told a fansite, even as preparations were underway for the RIT, that she "hadn't heard anything yet, hadn't been asked". I remember that distinctly. According to m.d.n.a this created a rift between Donna and Niki as they had promised to always stay together, leading to bitter old Niki even ignoring Donna at some church (of all places).

• 2 weeks later...