Camille Paglia, TIME: Todays singers r simply aping feeble imitations of M

realityisalways

I agree.

That's why I don't understand why Madonna is trying to sound like the current pop girls who are obviously inferior to her.

She needs to go back to making quality music like Ray Of Light, American Life and COADF. :Disco_Ball:

Music 'quality' is relative, younger stans who didn't live the 80's & 90's tend to hold COADF high as a pop masterpiece and for me it was just an ok album.

I can't possibly compare COADF to Like a Prayer, Erotica or even Bedtime Stories (With gems such as 'Love Tried to Welcome Me', 'BS', and 'Inside of Me').

And I don't think she is trying to sound like what you call 'current' pop girls (since Madonna is so current she tops Forbes above those 'current' pop girls and makes front page headlines for the most trivial things til this day); I just think she wanted to do a fun dance album with hints of darkness which is exactly what she did.

Pop you are a dickhead, you don't belong here, you know nothing and your opinion is not valid nor wanted. You sound like a 15 year old who is completely out of their depth. You were not involved in the recording process of said albums so your opinion holds no weight around here among fans who have truly followed Madonna all the way. Some of us have been on this ride for 30 years, poured over every interview, followed her creative process through the quotes of her collaborators and her own interviews. We have watched the tours, the films, the interviews, ridden out the highs and lows and been there through thick and thin so don't talk like you have all the answers. You seem to have a very basic general knowledge of Madonna, clouded by the bias of being a Lady Gaga fan. Madonna has always made pop music, ever since the beginning with a Like a Prayer here or an Erotica or a Ray of Light there, albums that come about once every decade or so. Some of us enjoyed MDNA just as much as we did COADF and just because you didn't doesn't mean her work was phoned in.

Pop you are a dickhead, you don't belong here, you know nothing and your opinion is not valid nor wanted. You sound like a 15 year old who is completely out of their depth. You were not involved in the recording process of said albums so your opinion holds no weight around here among fans who have truly followed Madonna all the way. Some of us have been on this ride for 30 years, poured over every interview, followed her creative process through the quotes of her collaborators and her own interviews. We have watched the tours, the films, the interviews, ridden out the highs and lows and been there through thick and thin so don't talk like you have all the answers. You seem to have a very basic general knowledge of Madonna, clouded by the bias of being a Lady Gaga fan. Madonna has always made pop music, ever since the beginning with a Like a Prayer here or an Erotica or a Ray of Light there, albums that come about once every decade or so. Some of us enjoyed MDNA just as much as we did COADF and just because you didn't doesn't mean her work was phoned in.

Mmmmm hmmmm

and Pop dear, you do realize that the Lady Gaga the public knows today would not exist without Madonna right? Now....I'm not saying she wouldn't be around in some capacity but her faux outrageous schtick, image changes, overt sexuality and her brand of dance-pop in general would be non-existent without Madonna. The lifespan of female pop stars in general has drastically increased because of Madonna.

It speaks volumes that Lady Gaga was literally parading around in nothing at the VMA's and I've barely seen a blurb about it......now, let's imagine for a minute if that had been Madonna parading around the VMA's in what LG was wearing that night (after all barely a year ago she got MASSACRED by the press for showing nudity at HER OWN SHOW)......there would've been mass OUTRAGE. Consider the fact 2-3 days prior Madonna was on the cover newspapers around the world for simply wearing GRILLZ on her teeth.....LOL.....Lady Gaga WISHES.

Agree with Paglia. Awesome review. Pop sucks. Always will. Copycats been around since before Debbie Gibson and Sam Fox. Madonna is beyond anything Pop music could imagine.

Mmmmm hmmmm and Pop dear, you do realize that the Lady Gaga the public knows today would not exist without Madonna right? Now....I'm not saying she wouldn't be around in some capacity but her faux outrageous schtick, image changes, overt sexuality and her brand of dance-pop in general would be non-existent without Madonna. The lifespan of female pop stars in general has drastically increased because of Madonna. It speaks volumes that Lady Gaga was literally parading around in nothing at the VMA's and I've barely seen a blurb about it......now, let's imagine for a minute if that had been Madonna parading around the VMA's in what LG was wearing that night (after all barely a year ago she got MASSACRED by the press for showing nudity at HER OWN SHOW)......there would've been mass OUTRAGE. Consider the fact 2-3 days prior Madonna was on the cover newspapers around the world for simply wearing GRILLZ on her teeth.....LOL.....Lady Gaga WISHES.

What's a bet, lady godiva wears grilliz on her flap jack tits next to try and up one on Madonna, but to just come across as shit as usual!