Deeper and deeper (rain tapes)

drunkbysix

Don't know about this, since there are a lot of speculation on the songs that have surfaced apart of the rain tapes, but I do love it! Especially her vocals. I think it's really soulful, which I think although the final cut is good, was missing some of those moments vocally to really hit the spot. I also like the cuts where you hear her voice alone and get to see what those harmonies were in the hooks before the chorus

What do you guys think?

Only songs to leak in full are Erotica, Bue Bye Baby, Bad Girl, Thief of Hearts, and Goodbye to Innocence.

Anything else is fake. And no clip of D&D was ever leaked

Sorry baby girl :(

Only songs to leak in full are Erotica, Bue Bye Baby, Bad Girl, Thief of Hearts, and Goodbye to Innocence.

Anything else is fake. And no clip of D&D was ever leaked

Sorry baby girl :(

:( where do you think the vocals are from?

There are demo vocals out there, aren't there....it is clear they are far less "on par" than the final acapella. Play them side by side and they are clearly very different.

^ I think they are indeed the exact vocals that were used in the final version. The only thing I'm hearing is the harmonies brought to the forefront and an extra "and I show it!" lyric toward the end.

I really love her voice during the bridge, and the harmonies are beautiful. Her vocals on Erotica don't really get the attention they deserve. I always thought they were a step down from what she had done in the few years leading up to 1992, but when you hear them bare, it's clear she was in top form. Not quite as soulful as "Rescue Me," but pretty close.

Yeah the whole acapella collection and harmonies leaked years ago, inculuding an alternate vocal take. It all goes back to 2001 when there was a promotional remix contest during GHv2 held by Sonic Foundry/ACIDPlanet. The songs that were available to be remixed were Music, Ray of Light, and Deeper and Deeper. They provided studio acapellas to use. The Music one however was the HQ2 acapella that had all those reverb effects. It's a shame that a studio acapella of Music hasn't leaked, as I would love to make a proper studio version of the DWT performance. :(

Yes, there's over 20 acappella files for D&D from full version and backing vocals to specific snippets.

For that competition, I only really remember Music having some really interesting remixes come from it.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Also those files containing the separate harmonies of Rain, they are very interesting, you can hear her vocal range and know she really can sing.