ReInvencion - The Book

unruhe

Hi guys! Last year a dear friend of mine who writes poetry and compiles other people's works into beautiful editions called me and asked me to help him with a new project. He's a Madonna fan and actually we met through ICON fan mail (nerd) back in the late nineties when we were in our teens. He wanted to ask different poets and visual artists to intervene Madonna songs and he wanted me to be the curator of the selection, so I chose 37 songs and provided the artists with the mp3s and some texts I scrabbled with a background for each composition. The result was ReInvencion, a handmade book we presented last April here in Buenos Aires (very off circuit though) limited to 100 copies, and like I enjoyed the experience a lot I decided to put all of it in a website (it's pretty rustic, for it was my first time making one), which sadly is only written in spanish for us castilian speakers to check, but if you don't know the language you can go to LAS CANCIONES Y LOS TRABAJOS and check the visual arts for she's not me, rain, this used to be my playground, love tried to welcome me, future lovers, words, spanish eyes, causing a commotion, skin and I'm addicted (my favorite one). I think some are good, some are crap, but they are all singular and I loved being a part of this project, so I wanted to share it with you people.

http://www.reinvencion.com.ar