VMAs

vocalism

I know, I actually thought of the same when I wrote it. But I just don't get that freakshow, it comes off as so try hard. Put in some blood and hang her somewhere and voila, done! I dont really like britney's performances either. or most of those new stars on award shows (or any show..) I expect a bit more quality and class from an "amazing performer" (which she is NOT.) Madonna has something special. she has charisma and it always feels like I'm watching an actual true icon. a natural.

I'm not really a big fan of Madonna's like a virgin performance either, though.

I think the hate for Gaga is a bit much, but I don't get her self promotional tactics. She's a bit too acessible. She needs to pull back. I can't say she's gonna last as long as Madonna or even ten years from now, but I recognize the drive and talent she does possess. She just distracts everyone from it by her odd behavior and comes off a bit desperate for attention. But again, a lot of people thought the same of Madonna when she was rising to mega-stardom. I still remember during the whole LAP era, when she was reaching a huge peak in her career, people were still doubting her and calling her a "no talent" and uses controversies and stunts to get attention. So it's quite humorous to me to see so many people even Madonna fans blasting way at Gaga because Madonna did suffer a lot of the same hate. Again, I am not comparing Madonna and Gaga's talent and persona's. They are world's apart. But I refuse to join the bandwagon and bash her and other artists to prove Madonna is queen bee. But fast forward a couple decades and now and unfortunately Madonna is casted as an aging pop star, clutching at her heels for another huge peak. I don't see it that way though. Music/entertainment is subjective. Plenty of aging musicians manage to do quite well for themselves as they got older. Madonna will do the same. Meanwhile, I do enjoy the plethora of younger talent that try to emulate past pop and rock stars. It's all good to me. Music is to be enjoyed. ;)

I think the hate for Gaga is a bit much, but I don't get her self promotional tactics. She's a bit too acessible. She needs to pull back. I can't say she's gonna last as long as Madonna or even ten years from now, but I recognize the drive and talent she does possess. She just distracts everyone from it by her odd behavior and comes off a bit desperate for attention. But again, a lot of people thought the same of Madonna when she was rising to mega-stardom. I still remember during the whole LAP era, when she was reaching a huge peak in her career, people were still doubting her and calling her a "no talent" and uses controversies and stunts to get attention. So it's quite humorous to me to see so many people even Madonna fans blasting way at Gaga because Madonna did suffer a lot of the same hate. Again, I am not comparing Madonna and Gaga's talent and persona's. They are world's apart. But I refuse to join the bandwagon and bash her and other artists to prove Madonna is queen bee. But fast forward a couple decades and now and unfortunately Madonna is casted as an aging pop star, clutching at her heels for another huge peak. I don't see it that way though. Music/entertainment is subjective. Plenty of aging musicians manage to do quite well for themselves as they got older. Madonna will do the same. Meanwhile, I do enjoy the plethora of younger talent that try to emulate past pop and rock stars. It's all good to me. Music is to be enjoyed. ;)

ACX7kc4.gif

That's all well and good except Gaga is uninspiring, fake, shit, an awful dancer, has an unpleasant vocal one, doesn't write timeless songs, talks shit, looks like shit and just desperately wants to be Madonna. Madonna was idolising Bowie when he was culturally very active but do you get echoes of him in her work? No. Madonna is Madonna. Lady Gaga is a dollar tree Madonna keying that was eaten by a large animal and then shat right back out.

That's all well and good except Gaga is uninspiring, fake, shit, an awful dancer, has an unpleasant vocal one, doesn't write timeless songs, talks shit, looks like shit and just desperately wants to be Madonna. Madonna was idolising Bowie when he was culturally very active but do you get echoes of him in her work? No. Madonna is Madonna. Lady Gaga is a dollar tree Madonna keying that was eaten by a large animal and then shat right back out.

Well said!

preach it gurl!

:clap::clap::clap:

GU, brilliant. You tell it exactly how it is.

:clap::clap::clap:

Sabrina ! Great to see you back. Have missed you.

You are wise!

I've only seen the list of nominee's and winners for this year, and just watch the Miley Cyrus/ Robin Thicke car crash, but my god, I really hope it's not a true reflection of US music right now. It's like the same 5 or 6 artists nominated in every category, most of whom are absolutely awful, and yeah I know it's all just a big old publicity campaign for whoever the record companies want to decide on our behalf is what we should be buying. Cowell has thrown a deal at someone and bagged one direction their obligatory 'we made this category up' 'Song Of The Summer' award, and the Cyrus / Thicke performance is not untypically absolutely horrendous 'base level' pointlessly over the top trashiness.

I must be getting old, coz I long for the days of Madonna, Prince, Springsteen, George Michael on these things.

oh fuck off with that shit - bash her to prove madonna is the queen *eye roll*

just admit u fuckin love lady gags, lol

anywhooo, better performers than her on this years VMA: bruno mars, justin timberfag, miley, robin thicke.hell even rihann with her 'i cant even be bothered' look was more entertaining. oh and to prove i dont JUST hate on gags, taylor is a bitch cunt! lol

tumblr_inline_mma0x0FHtt1qz4rgp.gif

GU, you bytch. You slay.

I barely remember anything about Gaga at the 2009 VMAs either. Just something about her hanging in front of some stain glass projection. It was all about Taylor Swift and Pink swinging from ribbons that year.

Why hasn't the internet finally destroyed the label industry yet? I thought we'd be past this mega stardom bull by now. Universal, WB and Sony still think they can dictate what we like and it's sickening to see some haven't figured out you can find your own taste in music not predetermined by marketers.

I don't even remember it. I just know she had blood. So please don't speak for me.

Oh, do get over yourself. I was referring to the general public; not the Madonna fanbase.

As if I'd want to speak for you (or anyone other ageing queen in this joint for that matter).

So do we know why she left? I'm confused. To me it looked like it was in the Macklemore performance where she looked pissed off as the introduced him for championing gay rights but others say its cos 1D got booed.

Attention seekin bitch

So do we know why she left? I'm confused. To me it looked like it was in the Macklemore performance where she looked pissed off as the introduced him for championing gay rights but others say its cos 1D got booed.

Attention seekin bitch

actually it was that comedian who made fun of the 2 ex-NSYNC members being fat and how hard it was for them to keep up with the dance routine. Gaga felt offended by these remarks and left.

from what i read ,all the gifs and pictures this morning it seems like it was some ghetto show attended by a bunch of no bodies. i never watch a music show unless Madonna is going to be there. mtv is just like caca it seems.

Terrible show. Everything was like watching a piss poor high school talent show.

The only good thing was the bevy of former Madonna collaborators... Justin, Pharrell, Nile Rodgers and Mary Lambert (okay, not thee Mary Lambert BUT the name was there). Madonna's grill and DAD boxing cloak even made an appearance courtesy of Katy Perry.

Guest Not4Pussies

"When Madonna published her Sex book and presented the Like A Virgin video, she was using imagery that still had the capacity to shock. When Gaga – who cops so many moves from Madonna she may as well just sign up with a lookalike agency – tries to be similarly provocative, it feels fake in a way that dear old Madge didn’t. Like Bowie before her, Madonna at her best was a shapeshifter, someone who put on new looks with ease. Today’s pop provocateurs, with their twerking and jerking, just look foolish and derivative." - The Telegraph UK