MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
drunkbysix

Drowned world tour appreciation thread!

Guest cailohfornia
On 7/25/2016 at 1:11 PM, Kilt said:

HBO shot entirely the August 25 2001 show. She looked much better than on the aired show.

oh my fucking GOD! Where is this show!!??!

@Kim just informed me about the August 25th show days ago (sorry for the naivete) AND I HAVE BEEN SO DESPERATE IN EVEN HAVING A 1 MINUTE GLIMPSE OF THIS SHOW. The hair and the makeup looked so much better - the straight hair. Why they didn't choose this show for the HBO broadcast I DON'T UNDERSTAND. Ugh.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS THIS OR OTHER DWT PRO-SHOT VIDEOS IN FULL... I WILL PAY REALLY HANDSOMELY.

Had anyone else done such a big visual/video based tour before this one?? I was just watching clips or other big artists tours from around 2000 and they're just nothing like the DWT. It definatley set the  benchmark for the rest of her tours, and everyone else. 

I love this tour too much. Just perfect in every way. Along with Confessions it my most played live album.

On 30 October 2017 at 2:00 PM, luluthecat said:

Had anyone else done such a big visual/video based tour before this one?? I was just watching clips or other big artists tours from around 2000 and they're just nothing like the DWT. It definatley set the  benchmark for the rest of her tours, and everyone else. 

I love this tour too much. Just perfect in every way. Along with Confessions it my most played live album.

Then all of a sudden Kylie Minogue comes out with the Fever tour full of watered down elements of the Drowned World tour. It was the same prototype, four sections, four interlude videos, video screens, a dance troupe etc. My friends and I were laughing during her concert. Some of it was very good and well done but like most of Kylie's tours, some of it was very shit.

22 hours ago, Rugbyguy said:

Then all of a sudden Kylie Minogue comes out with the Fever tour full of watered down elements of the Drowned World tour. It was the same prototype, four sections, four interlude videos, video screens, a dance troupe etc. My friends and I were laughing during her concert. Some of it was very good and well done but like most of Kylie's tours, some of it was very shit.

:clap: 

On 3/11/2017 at 12:54 PM, Rugbyguy said:

Only Kylie tours that are worthwhile are showgirl, X and Aphrodite TBH. Fever had good moments (I really liked her opening) but others were veyr kitschy.