MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
drunkbysix

Drowned world tour appreciation thread!

Jaz    0

There's so much I could say about this tour, and it was more than just a show for me. The Geisha section, the atmosphere of La Isla, the WIFLFAG video interlude, Paradise, Sky Fits Heaven, Lo Que Siente La Mujer, Impressive Instant. Just sublime, and I loved the choreography. You feel a different emotion with each segment. Uncanny in parts but beautiful. It's up there as one of her best, imo. She was so daring and different in her approach with the DWT. After being away from touring for so long, she could have taken the easy option and performed all her hits and been a crowd pleaser, but with the DWT, we saw a true artist.

Perfection. Thank you for this post.

Amazing! Live instruments!!! :wow:

Good Lord this is such an amazing underrated performance. I don't know why it doesn't get singled out as one of the absolute best performances from that tour. THIS is the way this song needs to be performed. No rock versions. No guitar. Just Madonna twirling and dancing away.

I REALLY want this song back on a tour in it's original version. In fact. I want it to OPEN the next tour. It'd be epic.

Good Lord this is such an amazing underrated performance. I don't know why it doesn't get singled out as one of the absolute best performances from that tour. THIS is the way this song needs to be performed. No rock versions. No guitar. Just Madonna twirling and dancing away.

I REALLY want this song back on a tour in it's original version. In fact. I want it to OPEN the next tour. It'd be epic.

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

This song is one of my favs! Its original and definite version!!! We have this and the Live 8 is one of her best!!! The album version.

I love you for this post. :wow:

Barney    0

I have one doubt about he entrance on stage:how did she appear? under the stageand he "the tongue"starts going higher?from behind?is there a goof recording of this anywhere?

Ptt, it looks like it changed. She came out and went up. All I can say is in Europe, the dates that I went, she appeared In the middle of the stage half way up on the 'tongue' stairs thing poking out already in the air through the smoke and did the first song, at the end it lowered her down to jump into the dancers arms for Impressive Instant. (I think I said this years ago in this thread haha). Looks like when it got to other dates it may have changed.

One night, I bet others on here were there too. Guys parents were in the audience in London. The first time they ever saw her live, she was so well behaved!!! No swearing and always smiling instead of being gritty and raunchy. (Dont they know how to google?)

Sloane    0

Why isn't this thread up to 40 pages yet. It's a great tour.

Sloane    0

I love her outfit in that opening number. That's how I dress when I'm a size 2, which has been known to happen. Sometimes.

Bat-Fan    0

DWT, although not a favorite is a very good and unique tour with the most never-before performed songs and most never-since performed songs. It is original and almost avant garde. I do wish she would have performed songs from ROL like POG and NRM since both are excellent songs and even singles and would have fitted well into the tour themes. Song choice from ROL was a bit unexpected. I do not like the hair on the DVD though 😊

acko    0

I'll keep saying it....that DVD is the greatest fucking tragedy

Watching it feels like walking through the dessert in humid air

LVX    0

Maybe that's why DWT has never been one of my favorites.

Bat-Fan    0

That footage is epic, she's absolutely fierce.

So much better than the DVD and she sounds awesome

picture quality on the official DVD is worsh than BAT bootleg, I mean really faded picture, what happened?

picture quality on rhe official DVD is worsh that BAT bootleg, I mean really faded picture, what happened?

the lights.to record it for the TV , apparently they had to make it less dark or something like that

On 8/19/2016 at 3:21 AM, acko said:

The picture quality is the worst official release of her career. Unwatchably bad, and really a terrible reflection of what may be her greatest live show ever.

Kim    0

There was much discussion at the time of that haze filter they applied to the official release. Being nice, one could say they wanted to evoke the feeling of a "drowned world" or it was an attempt to apply a film like look to the video. But I think we know why they did it.

One of the European shows should really have been chosen for the filming. It's a shame.

Bat-Fan    0
3 hours ago, Kim said:

There was much discussion at the time of that haze filter they applied to the official release. Being nice, one could say they wanted to evoke the feeling of a "drowned world" or it was an attempt to apply a film like look to the video. But I think we know why they did it.

One of the European shows should really have been chosen for the filming. It's a shame.

And the DVD is in 4:3 what was that about? Even Kylie's OANLT tour was in 16:9 and that was in 2001

Kim    0
5 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

And the DVD is in 4:3 what was that about? Even Kylie's OANLT tour was in 16:9 and that was in 2001

I remember the US was quite behind in catching on to the widescreen craze. Most homes still had 4:3 TVs and most programmes were still in 4:3. The UK were quite early adaptors of widescreen for TV programmes. You would have thought they'd had the foresight to film it protected for both ratios but I don't think they bothered.

Bat-Fan    0
3 minutes ago, Kim said:

I remember the US was quite behind in catching on to the widescreen craze. Most homes still had 4:3 TVs and most programmes were still in 4:3. The UK were quite early adaptors of widescreen for TV programmes. You would have thought they'd had the foresight to film it protected for both ratios but I don't think they bothered.

US is usually quite behind in catching on in general, ☺ sorry about that.

Kim    0
5 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

☺ sorry about that.

My country (not the U.S) invented the TV :scotland: Not sorry about that.

The DVD does't do the live show justice..i saw this in NY and everyone was mesmerized....it was brilliant LIVE.