MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
drunkbysix

Drowned world tour appreciation thread!

acko    0

This DVD tarnished it's lecacy.

Those who've seen it live know, it was beyond anything she'd ever done.

This, TGS & BAT r the zenith of Madonna the artist.

It's a shame for me that at the time of this tour I was very casual as a Madonna fan and really didn't appreciate it's beauty - and was like, not going to pay that kind of money not to hear the hits....I just wasn't quite "there" yet to appreciate this tour - had she done this post RIT, then yes, I would have understood and been all for it - I think it was the hits that brought me back to M so when I heard she wasn't going to be doing them - I was like, eh...I want my first M concert to have hits. Again, I just wasn't on the same page as M in 2001 - kind of a shame, but RIT was my first M concert and I got hits and AL tracks.

adirondak    0

All this talk of "Art" and "Pop".... THIS is what it really is.

you mean it's not being a vapid Cunt wearing a wrap with the Mona Lisa on it?

Beastialg    0

I never seen it live but I owned the DVD which I've watched several times and I feel it is like those artsy movies, that critics love and fans of the director love too, but you watch it and you don't like it as much as you think as you should. It's a very good concert but rather boring compared to BA or Girlie or Confessions or MDNA.

Mensch    0

It's a shame for me that at the time of this tour I was very casual as a Madonna fan and really didn't appreciate it's beauty - and was like, not going to pay that kind of money not to hear the hits....I just wasn't quite "there" yet to appreciate this tour - had she done this post RIT, then yes, I would have understood and been all for it - I think it was the hits that brought me back to M so when I heard she wasn't going to be doing them - I was like, eh...I want my first M concert to have hits. Again, I just wasn't on the same page as M in 2001 - kind of a shame, but RIT was my first M concert and I got hits and AL tracks.

I would never forgive myself lol seriously though. Ugh that sucks!

Hey, does anyone have any good links for the full show in different cities...not the DVD obviously?

And any HQ pics of the stage and performance stills? It's so hard to find...

Kilt    0

Hey, does anyone have any good links for the full show in different cities...not the DVD obviously?

ii14.jpg

paris_dwsfl37.jpg

bar_dwsfl30.jpg

bar_dwsfl31.jpg

Mensch    0

Wow thank you! Any full shows that are easy to find and in good quality?

runa    0

I love that there's something very very industrial in the stage set.

Illuminati    0

I love that there's something very very industrial in the stage set.

Yes, love that as well!

I hope we get to see something totally different for the next tour compared to what she had RIT-RHT stage-wise.

Of course each stage was different, but it's mostly huge screens in the back which create very similar shapes. A new stage concept would be great.

Well, It's just something I have to live with - lol. I was into other artists and was going to a lot of other concerts at the time. I wouldn't have appreciated it for what it was in 2001, unfortunately. I might have liked the theatrics, but the set-list wouldn't have faired as well with me at that point in my life/and my level of M fan at the time.

Mensch    0

Totally respect and understand that. I'm happy I'm fully in on M since as far as I can remember.

I still have vivid dreams of being at her tours (the ones I missed) as if I were there but it's..bizarre and doesn't make sense and nothing like the tour 😂😂😂❤️ (well once or twice I've had dreams of the shows where I was front row!)

Jaz    0

I would have pics from this tour, except for the fact that security took my camera. If I were to do it again, I would have refused to hand my camera over. The fuckers took it from me.

i was all about it at the time; but she's come out with better things since then its easy to over look :)

but definitely appreciated

highlights for me

impressive instant

candy perfume girl

paradise

what it feels like for a girl

human nature

you'll see

don't cry for me argentina

lo que siente la mujer

la isla bonita

music

Jitterbug    0

Shite tour! There were a couple of great moments though like Holiday, Music, Paradise Interlude, Spanish version of WIFLFAG, WIFLFAG interlude , Candy Perfume Girl and Impressive Instant. Mer Girl, Frozen and Sky Fits Heaven were alright to but the rest was just dire.

I even know fans that had tickets for more than 2 shows but didn't bother going back after 2 because they just hated it.

My first Madonna show, I went to Milan and Paris. Amazing show, as acko said.

People saying it was shit and there were no hits don't have a clue. Every song was a hit, you don't probably understand/remember how huge Ray Of Light and Music were (at least in Europe) back then. I really didn't give a shit about her live 80s catalog in 2001.

The energy at the actual show was amazing.

LVX    0

Shite tour! There were a couple of great moments though like Holiday, Music, Paradise Interlude, Spanish version of WIFLFAG, WIFLFAG interlude , Candy Perfume Girl and Impressive Instant. Mer Girl, Frozen and Sky Fits Heaven were alright to but the rest was just dire.

I even know fans that has tickets for more than 2 shows but didn't bother going back after 2 because they just hated it.

:madno:

I admit it's not my favorite tour either but that's harsh. There are a few rough spots but overall it's pretty great.

Jitterbug    0

:madno:

I admit it's not my favorite tour either but that's harsh. There are a few rough spots but overall it's pretty great.

At the end of the day, it's all about personal opinions. I have an absolutely soft spot for the Holiday performance though <3

acko    0

My first Madonna show, I went to Milan and Paris. Amazing show, as acko said.

People saying it was shit and there were no hits don't have a clue. Every song was a hit, you don't probably understand/remember how huge Ray Of Light and Music were (at least in Europe) back then. I really didn't give a shit about her live 80s catalog in 2001.

The energy at the actual show was amazing.

:clap: It was INSANE.

Even Niki Haris commented on how wild the crowds were...(except London :chuckle:)

LVX    0

At the end of the day, it's all about personal opinions. I have an absolutely soft spot for the Holiday performance though <3

Yes, it's an iconic performance thanks to Niki's invisible bandana!

LHakaLH    0

ii14.jpg

paris_dwsfl37.jpg

bar_dwsfl30.jpg

bar_dwsfl31.jpg

OMG! Are these yours!?