MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
drunkbysix

Drowned world tour appreciation thread!

Yes. Yes. Yes.

F-ing brilliant from beginning to end. This was live art -- truly the closest thing to theater that's ever been at a rock concert.

This isn't my favorite Madonna concert, especially since I didn't actually watch it live, but it's definitely her strongest, most cohesive and richest concert to date. I can't think of any weaknesses. It's basically perfect.

The Reinvention Tour, had some incredibly strong numbers, but it had some that were just as equally weak and kind of cheesy. Same thing with all her previous concerts. I mean, wtf is this:

harp_gal_1990_431.jpg

:lol:

Into the Keith Haring Groovy is like the best thing ever from the Sticky Theater Extravaganza.

Into the Keith Haring Groovy is like the best thing ever from the Sticky Theater Extravaganza.

Besides live, I don't think I've ever watched it. I just... can't.

I mean, wtf is this:

harp_gal_1990_431.jpg

:lol:

I'm sorry but it's P*E*R*F*E*C*T*I*O*N

I'm sorry but it's P*E*R*F*E*C*T*I*O*N

Agree to disagree?

BTW, I'm not bad mouthing Blond Ambition, it's basically one of the best things to happen since Jesus' resurrection. It's just that certain parts of her concerts (including this one) just kind of make me go like this :huh:

Or this crap:

madonna-6.jpg

Umm, this is perfection and if you don't like it, I can show you the door out. :sassy:

She perfed You'll See at my show :wow: (my first M concert too)

But the memory of it has faded away, as I relived my experiece through multiple viewings of the HBO broadcast :(

Guest bluejean

A M A Z I N G

The concert of life!!!

The Mer Girl/Sky Fits Heaven performance blows my mind.

Wow wow wow. This along with Blond Ambition and MDNA are just perfect pop concerts. Noone comes close.

I hadn't seen Madonna live since Blond Ambition, and I got to experience this show twice, in NYC (and she performed You'll See) and in LA

after Sept 11th (my show was rescheduled to the 15th)

The excitement of being at Madison Square Garden, and hearing her LIVE voice again was incredible.

The staging, the setlist, the self indulgence, the performance art, the violence, it was seamless and just plain awesome.

Then being stuck in LA for a week, and seeing a toned down version (not shooting the dancer at the end of Mer Girl, missing The Funny Song)

was just as moving.

I love the setlist, because it was no secret that she had a disdain for the past hits, the 2 oldies she chose were perfect. I had listened to both Ray Of Light and Music

soooo much, seeing all those obscure tracks live and knowing they'd probably never come out agian, to me it might as well have been a singles tour.

A M A Z I N G

The concert of life!!!

The Mer Girl/Sky Fits Heaven performance blows my mind.

Wow wow wow. This along with Blond Ambition and MDNA are just perfect pop concerts. Noone comes close.

I think MDNA is the lovechild of Blond Ambition and Drowned World. LOL.

… and I'm pretty sure that Drowned World was the top during that conception.

:lmao: That really is the best way to compare the 2!

Oooh... :wow:

Definitely seeing those influences and parallels.

The darker religious themes of BAT + the violence of DWT for the Transgression section of MDNA.

The wee mini W.E. promo in MDNA instead of the Dick Tracy section. Open Your Heart/Sagarra Jo recall the acoustic LIB of DWT.

The masc/fem duality Lo Que Siente La Mujer borrows from the BAT setlist to arrive at an opener for MDNA's third section (VOGUE) and then concludes with all the psychodrama of Nobody's Perfect (DWT) for LAV Waltz/Love Spent.

I'm Addicted borrows the martial arts of DWT's Frozen and Sky Fits Heaven. MDNA concludes with crowd-pleasers to bring the people TOGETHER (DWT "Music" and BAT "Keep It Together" --> MDNA "Celebration").

Don't be criticizing ITG ULIZOS, that performance is incredible. She was bringing back her early days with the whole 70's street jump rope thing, keith haring on the screens, amazing choreography and staging, i could go on and on, it was glorious to watch, artpop if u will, real artpop mind u. The harp for cherish maybe but at least it was in context with the mermen.

I would say with MDNA this is my favourite Madonna tour, only time I have seen her live and it was INCREDIBLE.

At that time she could have come on stage and taken a shit and the critics/media and fans would have gone insane she was at real peak in terms of her career at that point.

I recall the NME review saying it was incredible and more like an art installation. Very true.

I see a lot of fans aren't too fond of this tour, maybe because of the outfit choices or lack of hits, but this truly is my most favorite show Madonna has put on! Simply amazing. It definitely set the bar for shows after it and was before its time. Several performances including sky fits heaven and frozen are impressive showcases of madonnas creativity and just look spectacular. She's never looked so honest on stage, for me her performance of nobody's perfect is the most honest she had been since live to tell/oh father on the blond ambition tour.

And the vocals! PRISTINE! I enjoy the vocals from the Paris show a bit more than Detroit, but it's still her best tour vocally to date beside girlie show. I can listen to la isla Bonita live from the tour all day, it actually has more listens on my iPod than the studio version!

So lets praise this majestic tour in all it's glory! :)

My first Madonna Tour. I was 18 and I was blown away. There is no other performer like her. With this tour she had 3 untoured studio albums (Evita + TNBT + 2 pregnancies), a first in her then 18yo career. She really made sure to second her own vision and execution of some of the very best, most profound and lyrically interesting songs of her career.

I loved that she came back after 8 years away from live performance, served people with only Holiday and La Isla Bonita with the 80s and yet still managed another sold out highest-grossing tour . It highlights how much people care whether she plays her 80's catalogue or not when they are thinking whether to fork out $200-$300 to be there

My favourite moments were DW (outstanding vocal deliverance, best of her career imo), ROL, Beautiful Stranger, Mer Girl/Sky Fits Heaven, DTM, Lo Que Siente La Mujer and the entire conclusion. That Krafterwerk sample in Music gave me chills and life at the same time