MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
drunkbysix

Drowned world tour appreciation thread!

I see a lot of fans aren't too fond of this tour, maybe because of the outfit choices or lack of hits, but this truly is my most favorite show Madonna has put on! Simply amazing. It definitely set the bar for shows after it and was before its time. Several performances including sky fits heaven and frozen are impressive showcases of madonnas creativity and just look spectacular. She's never looked so honest on stage, for me her performance of nobody's perfect is the most honest she had been since live to tell/oh father on the blond ambition tour.

And the vocals! PRISTINE! I enjoy the vocals from the Paris show a bit more than Detroit, but it's still her best tour vocally to date beside girlie show. I can listen to la isla Bonita live from the tour all day, it actually has more listens on my iPod than the studio version!

So lets praise this majestic tour in all it's glory! :)

My favorite tour ever!!

I love when she shows her dark side.

That's pure art.

And perfection.

I just LOVE that tour, it was so dark and artistic. It was such a great comeback tour, a lot of fans missed her since the Girlie Show.

I don't know if I can say it is my favorite of all her tours, but it does rank high. Also, it might be among my most favorite tours that I've seen live.

The Geisha section, the ending...it was a fantastic show. The "Paradise" video alone makes this tour iconic.

My very first concert! AMAZING tour. Impressive Instant was my favorite but overall it was perfection from beginning to end.

The whole Geisha section was mind-blowing. Very theatrical. The wig...

The best Madonna Tour of all time.

OF ALL TIME.

Not since BAT has she combined music, performance art and theatre so well, supporting not one, not two but actually three of her best albums to date. This tour is absolute perfection. The simple yet grand opening. The outfits. The creative video backdrops. Her voice. Her attitude. And Sky Fits Heaven... My God, Sky Fits Heaven! :wow: :wow: :wow:

MDNAT is next in my rank.

I don't know if I can say it is my favorite of all her tours, but it does rank high. Also, it might be among my most favorite tours that I've seen live.

The Geisha section, the ending...it was a fantastic show. The "Paradise" video alone makes this tour iconic.

Ahhh yes, Paradise :inlove:

Paradise creeped me out! And I love that it did lol

Am I crazy? (I saw it a couple of times) she didn't come up on the stage like that. The screens went up and she was on a platform halfway up the roof. She wasn't on the floor till II.

Its sort of the same but in the shows I saw she was already 'up' on the platform and came down slowly, in the video she gets on one and goes 'up'??? Nooo She should be on the big stairs thing.

I'm glad to see some love for this Tour.I loved it...the theatricals..the artistry...the dark...the haunting aura ...all the energy Madonna displayed...her passion...This woman is amazing...her subsequent Tours were great as well but this tour has a special place in my heart as back then I was raising my nephew and we used to watch it often...he loved all the martial arts part..lol

Guest SecretGarden

It's incredibly dark and lacking the free spiritness of her previous tours, but I really do love it, it's a nice contrast to her other tours and was a tour Madonna needed to do, for herself. Everytime I watch it I notice something new or exciting, it's definitely one of my favorites.

Signed. The show was magical. I love every minute of it.

Guest bluejean

For the millionth time, it's brilliant! I love it, start to end.

Especially love Impressive Instant, Frozen, Mer Girl/Sky Fits Heaven, La Isla Bonita and Music

Yes, yes ... signed! This was my first time seeing a concert live -- a Madonna concert or ANY concert, for that matter. So it really blew me away. It holds a special (dark) spot in my heart because it was my first ... but it is hard to say if it's the favorite. Maybe depends on what day it is, how sad I am.

It is phenomenal. Performing while FLYING -- only Madonna. It's really hard to pick the highlights, but ... yeah, Impressive Instant, the whole geisha segment, Don't Tell Me, Music. But I really like the whole show -- except the Funny Song. The show would stand up happily without it.

Paradise for the video (although the staging is perfect, too -- M's not onstage during it)... and I loved those Dan-o-Rama remix vids of "Music" so the "Music" backdrop gets a special shout-out, too. This was THE definitive one, too, because even though we'd seen it on multiple promo performances, the EMAs, the Grammys -- this was the one that ended with such IMPACT because it showed the last frame of the WIFL4AG video and then the lighting design was all red lights that sort of mimicked the car wrapping around a pole (represented by the center screen, which went to black). The show really did come crashing to a hault -- felt like the night shouldn't have been over yet, but ... wow. Amazing.

I Almost started this thread last night with the Mer Girl/Sky Fits Heaven performance.

Completely and utterly brilliant, this tour. It's tied first place with Sticky and Sweet for me, just depending on what mood I'm in as they are basically opposites to each other.

This tour made me fall in love with Lo Que Siente La Mujer of however you spell it. Fucking gorgeous and THAT DRESS :dramatic:

^ You spelled it correctly. :)

And she looks like such a skinny mini in that dress when one of the female dancers dips her backwards and her dress flips up in the front .. her tummy is practically non-existent. Sort of like that moment when in the DTM vid when she turns sideways toward the camera with her midriff -- it's like, how was it possible that she had Rocco in there only months before?!

^ You spelled it correctly. :)

And she looks like such a skinny mini in that dress when one of the female dancers dips her backwards and her dress flips up in the front .. her tummy is practically non-existent. Sort of like that moment when in the DTM vid when she turns sideways toward the camera with her midriff -- it's like, how was it possible that she had Rocco in there only months before?!

She's a machine!

It's life. Like she was reading from The Book of Life, ha.

No but really, I like the visuals, how she showcases all the elements; water, fire, earth, air

The themes of love, fame, life, celebration.....

The journey her character takes in the Geisha segment....

It's one hell of show. I don't care if she didn't respond to the crowd of acted cold, she was playing a character.

I love it.

The first M tour I ever saw in person. So many great memories of the show and the HBO broadcast.

One of her all time best, and my 2nd fav.

My personal fav. Love everything about it! Everything!

i love that tour so much...costumes and setlist and everything

must say I M ADDICTED from MDNAT tour is like a number from DWT

What can be said about this tour that hasn't already been said.

This is the tour that took Madonna, for me, to a whole other level...and just left me speechless. Even the people around me that are into their "real" music that saw this tour were left speechless.

There is no other that can do what this woman can do. The show speaks for itself. Narrative, symbolism, theatricality, drama, humor...in a perfect marriage.
This is what most "pop" "artists" wish they could do a mere fraction of.

All this talk of "Art" and "Pop".... THIS is what it really is.

There is no other that can do what this woman can do. The show speaks for itself. Narrative, symbolism, theatricality, drama, humor...in a perfect marriage.
This is what most "pop" "artists" wish they could do a mere fraction of.

All this talk of "Art" and "Pop".... THIS is what it really is.

I agree ! Especially for the last part !!! That`s pure ArtPop !!! :bow::bow::dramatic:

Only Madonna can do a tour like that :clap::clap::clap: