MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Suedey

Stevie Nicks!!

This popped up on my feed & I watched, in disbelief @ her candour.

Talk about an effective anti-drug ad.

Still my favourite version of 'The Wild Heart': 

2 hours ago, MadFan said:

This popped up on my feed & I watched, in disbelief @ her candour.

Talk about an effective anti-drug ad.

I love how blunt she is when she speaks....no beating around the bush with her. Not trying to glamorize her cocaine years in any way, BUT she did have some FIRE performances that were OBVIOUSLY cocaine fueled (like the SOTM one above for example) during those years. That performance was in 1982, it wasn't long after that where the coke started to have obvious negative impacts to her shows. It starts to become somewhat noticeable the next year in 1983 during The Wild Heart Tour and by the time of Rock A Little Tour in '86, you can tell it's overtaken her at that point. My aunt went to one of those shows and she said Stevie was definitely not in top form. She sounded bad, was erratic and left the stage frequently for extended periods. Interestingly, the Rock A Little Tour was the one that was commemorated with the Live At Red Rocks release, which was very much "cleaned up" apparently. 

As bad as that was though, she's said that the Klonopin prescription she was prescribed after rehab ended up being far worse for her than even the cocaine as it completely zapped her energy, motivation and creativity.....she says the withdrawals from this were far worse as well.

Stevie is truly one of the greatest of all time.  The recent expanded remasters of her first two solo albums, Bella Donna and The Wild Heart, are well worth purchasing.  If only Madonna's back catalog received such love and attention.

19 hours ago, Shane said:

Stevie is truly one of the greatest of all time.  The recent expanded remasters of her first two solo albums, Bella Donna and The Wild Heart, are well worth purchasing.  If only Madonna's back catalog received such love and attention.

I love these remasters because it gives me to opportunity to embrace a new release and indulge in it, I absolutely love the Wild Heart album, especially the title track.

Some more recent Stevie:

And an old, forgotten Stevie hit.......yeah, definitely cheese but idc, I like it and I LOVE her voice on this song....

I only discovered recently the Bootylicious intro is from 17 when they played it on the radio. I'm not a fan of Nicks but I absolutely love that song!